Do you care how wealthy the person you are dating is?

Well this is actually a question for both guys and girls. Do you care that the guy/Girl you are dating is rich?
I'm not talking about dating someone just because he or she is rich (not a question about gold diggers)
I'm saying would you date someone that is a lot more rich or poor? Do you care how wealthy the person you are dating is?Do you care how wealthy the person you are dating is?
  • He/she must be rich
    Vote A
  • It doesn't matter to me
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Well personally it's not about wealth, but I would prefer them to be well educated and has a job, behaves well etc...)

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm not going to date a homeless person so if he cab take care of himself I'll date him. But the thing is i dont want to date a rich guy cuz most super sexy girls want to date a rich guy and it will be difficult for me to keep a rich guys eyes from wanderig. So if you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty guy your boyfriend.

0|1
    0|1
    • Why do you see yourself as the ugly duck?

• Show All
    • I agree with you

• EssieEsmerelda, you're not ugly at all

• I only care that within a couple years of dating we have enough saved to buy a house, get married and have kids. So doesn't need to be rich but needs to be a bit financially smart.

2|4
    0|0
    • That's exactly the way I'm thinking, I will start dating once I secure a house in Miami for my girlfriend, so that I wouldn't seem as taking advantage of her just to get the green card

• Show All
    • Lol are you really a commie😂

• Yeah, lol!

Most Helpful Guys

• Add more options. I prefer less wealthy. I was in relationship for 3 years - with a girl who had rich father. It was a real issue because she didn't want to ease much on her lifestyle (she did, but it was still too expensive for me and she already complained). They were not SO rich, but that time I was really kind of broke as I was student (I was never really broke, because I could save and I did not spend much, but with her it was cinema here, coffee there, travelling here and there, I had an old car so also some petrol and maintenance). I spent 10x more money with her than alone. She was awesome but my lifestyle was probably killing her. I was not any hipster! Just simple guy from village. She eventually left (haha, for rich guy). Now I am kind of obsessed by one girl who also has rich parents and this is one thing that really holds me back (the fear that I will not be able to keep up). Now I finished school and I earn some money but not that much (more or less average or very little above average).

0|0
    0|0
    • So I would prefer a girl from average or poor family, or a rich one but tolerant and able to switch from BMW to Hyundai.

• Well yeah I agree, but cinema isn't that expensive. Also did you go to college?

• That time it was secondary school and I lost my part-time job AND my father lost his job. Well I was used to spend something between 20-40 eur per month. Really not much. Most for petrol and some simple maintenance of my car (old Suzuki Swift). I would usually sit at home or go cycling or some other stuff, and I didn't need money for that. Now she wanted to do something everyday. Either go to cinema, or for coffee, or just go out, it simply exceeded my budget because doing something that requires money (almost) every day gets expensive. 40 eur may not be much for you but here in Slovakia average salary for part-time job is between 1.6-3 eur per hour. Yeaaah then I went to university and I found a job but still I would earn (minus travelling cost) 20 eur per day and then we would go out and spend these 20 eur for one evening. And she hated my old car as well. But other than that, we were a nice couple, just money were a bit of issue. Not money but spending money.

• What your asking is still gold digging. You used the term rich so yes gold digging. The gold diggers will require a minimum so they can fulfill their wants and needs. Anyone who says otherwise is just projecting. If your 1st question to someone is how much you got in the bank or you are attracted to someone because of what they are wearing or driving gold digger. Furthermore setting a "minimum standard" is good in talk sake but you dont fo into a bar asking hey what's your career choice how much you make. Or 1st people are usually attracted either looks or something that tipped that person into their favor so your not going to know that persons wealth status until farther down the road. Unless your hitting on someone at their work place or meet them at their job.

0|0
    1|0
    • No. If a rich person is dating another person that is as rich as him this isn't gold digging

• Show All
    • Well most of the time rich dating people that are as rich aren't gold diggers, just trying to keep their prestige and want to date people of their same social class

• So again how does one find out they are or arnt rich? If you are rich how woukd you then go about finding out if the person you want to date is rich or not since your only interested in them being rich (gold digging).

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 79

• Can’t vote because I don’t expect him to be rich but I do expect money where we can live comfortably. I make $47,000 as a teacher after my marching band stipend so he should be making as much or more than me.

2|1
    0|0
    • Its good money. You are already rich as my country 😊

• Show All
    • @InvictusManeo Interesting, and it's cool about the grammar. I totally got what you were saying.

• @CaptainSmartass thanks. It is your affability. 😊

• Nope... Not at all... Money doesn't matter for me

0|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter until he asked to borrow money🙂

1|1
    0|0
  • They don't have to be rich, but they should have a decent job/be a student or at least look for job. I don't want them to depend on me all the time. It would be fine if something happened and they lost their job and they would be unemployed for a while, but I can't take that much on myself all the time.

1|3
    0|0
  • Mostly doesn't matter. I do appreciate a financially stable partner - I think most people do, but it's not like I insist on them being rich. As long as they know I'm a freelancer with very little income and can accept my limitations we're probably fine.

I have dated some very rich people but I married the poor guitar player.

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't care. I'm poor as dirt so I think dating someone with much more money than me wouldn't work anyway.

1|2
    0|0
    • Well you actually aren't that poor. Also it doesn't matter. How do you have that phone and internet...

• OK, poor for western Europe standards

• It doesn't matter to me as long as they can care for themselves. I'm a woman, I'm meant to care for children not grown men. I would perfer to not live off of my partner, however if they want me to stay home and care for the kids that's fine. I'll just have a side business. Either way I'm gonna try and pay my own way.

2|0
    0|0
  • As long as he is capable of supporting himself I don't care. There are obviously exceptions to this like we make an agreement for him to go back to school, or he's in between jobs but actively looking. Self-sufficiency is something I expect for myself and expect for any partner but he by no means has to be wealthy.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would never date anyone because I was after their money.
    Nor would I ever date any one that was after mine.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would really love to hear from people choosing "rich". Where in the world are you going to find someone rich? GetARichHottie. com? Realistically, why would someone rich and wealthy someone settle for someone average and broke? If I loved someone truly, what they have in the bank wouldn't matter..

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter but their are the basic requirements of him having a job or at least trying to get a job and not just complaining about how he can't get one. Also stuff like education, I'd like it if he were financially stable but even if he isn't, I'll be there to help so yeah doesn't matter much

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it matters, to some degree. I can't akr a relationship last with a person who does not make any living at all and refuses to make one, for example.
    But if they can support themselves, it's good. They don't need to support me, or even less, be rich.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yeah, if you have a job that requires you to be working 60 hours a week and live in a big bustling city then unfortunately I’m not interested. That rules out most wealthy people. I’m not into that lifestyle. I want family.

0|2
    0|0
  • The short answer is no.
    I don't need my guy to be super rich, buy me stuff and always take me places. However, I wouldn't really want to be with someone who struggles to make ends meet. I believe I'd be more compatible with someone who's from a similar socioeconomic background to my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • There’s a slight correlation between wealth and how one behaves though, so I tend to like middle class men more but obviously poorer or richer can also be decent humans too. So I’d say no wealth itself doesn’t matter but their values and behavior do.

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy with a stable job and comfortable income is attractive. A guy with no job and no stability is not attractive. I'd rather date someone with no money than too much though. Money spoils people.

3|0
    0|0
    • Hey do you like Dr Pepper?

• Show All
    • Because if the dude hates Dr. Pepper then you guys are have things in common. My massage is date people that share same ideas as you. For example a Mormon will never date a Jewish for example.

• For your information, I'm dating a guy without any income at all. I only have relationships with people I like. I'm just being honest. If I was in a situation where I had two guys asking me out that I get on with equal amounts I will go for the guy who is more stable. It's better to think logically before getting into any relationship, if you don't it is destined to fail eventually.

• I don't expect him to be rich, but make enough to take care of himself. If I can do it, so should my partner. Unless for a very good reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love is what is important at the end money is nothing as long as you are with the person who you can see yourself with forever that is beautiful. That is wealth to me

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really.
    As long as my date is self-sufficient and independent, able to pay off his expenses, able to afford simple luxuries such as watching movies, occasional concerts and not borrowing from me for everything, that is fine with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t expect richness, nor would I mooch off of someone who was rich. But I do want them to be financially stable so they don’t rely on me constantly to pay for every little thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 93

• No, I just expect her to have reasonable spending habits and not have large debts. A good income is a plus, but not a must.

1|3
    0|0
  • I notice that it is quite nice to not have to pay all the time. For an instance, I have been in relationships where I have to pay all the travel expenses, and then she made me pay for all the costs we made while I was at her place, and that can get annoying. However, it isn't that big of a deal to me. As long as I have the money, and the costs don't exceed my spending limit, it is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to know anything about her money, her debt, I don't want a joined account and I don't even want to live together. LoL!
    Been there done that.
    I just in it for the love. : )

0|1
    0|0
  • Not in the American sense.

I'd rather just the person respect peoples' situation and my situation. And they're not reckless with money. And yeah, I don't like people that are snooty because their parents are rich, when they haven't done anything to earn that money themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think most women care about the MONEY, they like a man who is intelligent, hard working and capable. If you rank high in these three characteristics then you probably also have some money so it may appear as if most women want a man with money.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. Money doesn't help happiness. If things get tough and push come to shove my partner needs to be able to roll with the punches or she will be dismissed. I can't fight for you if you can't fight for yourself

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm still on a grad's salary, so I want my fiancée to be able to take care of herself financially, at least until I am advanced enough career wise.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I married a girl from a family who weren't poor, but had far less money than mine, and it was fun showing her the finer things in life. We've been married for 53 years.

0|1
    0|0
  • My theory is, equal rights is making the partner seeking based on physical and social reasons instead of just monetarial reasons more of a thing.

My reasoning is... this poll would have looked far different 20 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money does matter but is not the defining item. I like a woman who is able to take care of herself. Not rich but not broke living paycheck to paycheck. They may not be bad people but I don't want to hear about how you can't get your car fixed or the rent is late. Self reliant may be the best word. Of course if she has a house, boat, nice car, good clothes I could date her as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, but I do care if she's really bad with money. Like gets herself into crippling debt subconsciously. My mother got into a cycle of debt and my dad married into it. A big part of the reason he had financial troubles growing up was debt. Not about to sign up for round two.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't so much unless she was in major debt. She has to be worth it.

I do however believe women care how wealthy a person should be because I worked in a lot of low paying jobs and nearly every woman treated me like I didn't exist. They always had a boyfriend paying everything for them. I was just their entertainment.

0|0
    0|0
  • money matters, i lost girls to rich guys and iam a good looking guy who takes care of himself and has a good personality , it just goes to show that you as a person mean close to nothing when its time to actually have something real cause money is the their real goal.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she can contribute at least $350 to $400 per month towards the mortgage, utilities, etc. and pays for her own transportation, clothes, entertainment, etc. then that is good enough for me.

If she had too much money, my main concern would be if she thought she was better than others just because of money and treated other people badly because of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't. I only care that we are both able and/or willing to do what it takes to live the lives we want together. We both must consent to the life we choose, whether we are rich or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • i do think women care more than men. if the guy they are dating isn't making good money, then she has to believe that he has the ability to make more money in the future. she will call this is "drive, ambition, and passion", which all sound a lot more noble than, "his potential money making abilities."

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a relationship isn't about money but it can be ruined by money. I f I go into the relationship with expectation of anything other than the relationship or your partner, it will more than likely fail on the premise of a lie whether she has the money or not

0|0
    0|0
  • She doesn't have to be "rich", but I prefer when she has an amount of money that doesn't make her thinking about her bills every new month.

I like it, when money is just something you have instead of something you need.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care how wealthy someone is, as long as we don't have to sacrifice aspects of each other's life in order to conform to the other person's standard of living.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your date is too rich for you, you may be unable to even split your bill in a restaurant. Do you want then to get paid for you? If you are really unequal in terms of money, equality will be impossible for you. It may hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes