27 d

Girlfriend wants deeper conversations. I asked her to initiate a few to demonstrate what she would like. She said no, what should I do?

girlfriend (33) has said she needs more emotional intimacy and vulnerability primarly through conversation. She has asked me (m32) to ask more about her life, dreams, culture l, ask deep questions etc however I fid this difficult. Firstly she rarely does this herself (which I find strange if it is her need) surely she wouldn't be able to stop herself asking me those very same questions, initiating deep conversations etc and secondly I prefer conversations like this to happen organically, the couple of times i have come prepared with a few questions it just feels forced and my girlfriend knows it so it doesn't fulfil her anyway. I therefore asked if she could show me, teach me how she would like these conversations to proceed by initiating a few of her own so we can build on it. I thought it might be a good idea but she said no, that this was her need so I should want to do it. I understand her frustration but I honestly don't feel she is taking enough responsibility for her own need. Not really sure where we go from here. Am I wrong for expecting her to take some responsibility for her needs, as in make an effort and not leave it completely to me?

Girlfriend should help to meet her own needs
You should do all the work to show that you care
Select gender and age to cast your vote:
Post Opinion