Muhahaha, I quit!

Nearly 4 weeks ago now I decided to quit my job. I was making really awesome money as a lead RN, I only worked 15 minutes from my house, my boss was never there, I pretty much could work the hours I wanted, benefits..the hole 9. The only thing missing was my happiness. Honestly, I didn't really have a great plan, I certainly have not saved what my dad would say is "good enough" to just quit, but I felt like I had to do it. So I said fuck it, I listened to my body, and turned in my notice.

Muhahaha, I quit!

Here I am, with 4 days left in my job, no great plan and I can say I haven't felt this good in a long time. In the past week I decided to move from my 3 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom apartment with my son. This is something I have NOT wanted to do at all in the past, but when I made the deicsion to do it this time it just felt so right. I literally made the deicsion, notified my house landlord and found an apartment same day...Saving over $400 a month. I can breathe a little better. What I have found though to be the greatest part in this decision and process so far is the choice I have made to dramatically decrease the items that I have in my life and in my space. I have 3 weeks to go before I move and I have been making some pretty swift decisions to either donate or sale more than 3/4 of mine and my sons things. Things that truly brought no real value or meaning to our life. Just items we had to fill voids or spaces on the walls and in our closets.

With each bag I have brought to Goodwill, the yard sale, the trash I feel like a heavy cloud or weight is being lifted off of me. Having made the concisous decision to clear my life of unneeded material possessions I feel like my mental state and emotional state is also clearing and I am learning so much about myself and what is really important to me. I have decided to take a travel nurse position that isn't far from my home. I will be able to work 3 days a week (when I want) and make more than I was making at my job working 5 days a week where I was unhappy. I also decided to start driving for Lyft! I get to meet new people and work on my desired schedule. I've already gone on or scheduled multiple hikes and outings. I'm signing up for the guitar lessons I have always wanted to take!

My goal in the next year is to be endless in the pursuit of finding what it is that lights my soul on fire. For me, the first steps my body has told me to take is to slow down. Not to worry about the finances and logistics like I usually do and to have faith and trust in myself. Since I have listened, so many amazing things have fallen into place just perfectly. I have no idea what will happen next, but I am looking forward to sitting back, kicking up my feet and enjoying the ride.

Be blessed!

818

Most Helpful Guy

• Congratulations! It takes courage to just say 'screw it' to something you feel you're supposed to do, but you hate doing it. It's like that guy from American Beauty, or that other guy from Breaking Bad. I hope you find happiness in what you're doing, and that things work out for you.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 17

• Long as you don't complain about the wage gap, good for you. Pssst I stash $1000 a month, get your game up. :D

• I will never understand how some people are able to have a high paid job with so little time spent for work and live luxurious.
    Here I am working 40 hours a day and studying full time and am just able to cover some of my basic human needs.

• Congratulations

• You inspire me greatly. I hardly wanted to look at my life which I have now. I'm stuck in a small student's apartment since 2014, with literally the same everyday life eversince. And I often wondered what my life would be like if I just quit things. Or at least take a long break from everything. Things which I used to do before had become incredibly boring. And "new" things are rare to find. Plus, the people around me just seem fake. I never met so many haters in my life. For the dumbest reasons you can imagine. And I really forgot about "normal" people and "normal" life.

• Good for you money isn't going to make you happy.

• Good luck I hope it works out.

• Good luck in your future pursuits

• Well I don't know, I mean I guess?

Cool story?

My longest relationship was with an RN and I also did my masters research work in conjunction with a hospital. RNs are miserable people from my experience

• Good for you. Find something you love to do. Ask and the universe will deliver.

• That certainly takes courage. What does your son think about it?

• I am poor so this made me jelly

• Wow, Interesting

• Congratulations! You have guts!

• I love the title and hope you find a vocational that brings you happiness

• Interesting

• I thought you were gonna talk about how you quit smoking or quit cocaine.

• Haha I did actually quit smoking about 40 days ago now :) No meth though! I'm saving that for when im about 90

• Why do sone people have a fulfilling life without having to work hard, and some have a depressing life even though they work hard?

• They picked a garbage career, and made shitty life choices.

• Hard work doesn't guarantees success or happiness. Life is more about working smart than hard.

• @Rainie_ Good point

What Girls Said 8

• Congratulation
    Chris Delgado Bliss Memories Solaris Navisο»Ώ

• Congratulations, whatever makes you happy :)

And you are correct, I admire you for selling your belongings. I am a shopaholic, I can only imagine how much sale I'd make if I sold mine lol

• Congratulations on your new found freedom. Happiness is all that really counts > you only live once , but once is enough if you do it right.

• I'm really glad you're happier. That's the only reason I wanted to live- to become happy. So i'm glad people like you make me realise it is possible, in our own way.

• Good for you

• Interesting

• Wait, you will get a higher sallary on your new and working fewer hours?
    I would be happy to quit tomorrow too!

Good luck to you and your son, hope you enjoy your new life.

• good luck