Superheroes Who Should Get Their Own Games

LadyTerror

So I'm not exactly referring to fighting games like Injustice: Gods Among Us or Marvel vs. Capcom, but games that are open world. And just to be clear, Batman and Spider-Man won't be making this list because they've had lots of games. I love the Arkham series myself but this take is about superheroes who haven't gotten games yet (or have ones that are failures).

Flash

Traveling freely around the city at super speed sounds like a lot of fun. You could also have the ability to vibrate through walls. Maybe during battles with other speedsters, you could also have the opportunity to steal your opponent's speed by tapping buttons you see on the screen (and the opposite would happen if you fail).

The game could also be more story-driven where you have the option to go back in time and change events, but with unexpected results (similar to Life is Strange). There are many more possibilities.

Green Lantern Corps

This could have elements from many different genres in it. You could have the option roam around the galaxy freely and visit many different planets. The missions could be similar to an RPG in outer space. Perhaps you could play as an existing Green Lantern or just create your own one.

Silver Surfer

This would be the hardest to develop on this list since his powers are so immense that he can destroy planets and create black holes, build anything he wants in a snap, travel light years in seconds, and even travel trough time. The world they would have to make for this would have to be ridiculously huge.

Aquaman

A game that's mostly set in the water where you may or may not fight giant monsters sounds fun, but we can't really say if it'll be good. This has happened before and some of them were disappointments, but I'd still be interested in playing a game about Atlantis and its civilization.

Green Arrow

A game that focuses a lot on archery and a little bit of close combat where there's also a lot of acrobatics... Isn't that similar to Tomb Raider?

Yes... But in the city. Sound fun? Meh? Nope?

You'd have many different kinds of arrows in this. Different ones for different enemies. It could potentially be a first person game too, but I think that's a bad idea. Because unlike guns, arrows take a lot longer to reload.

Wonder Woman

This game would work best as a beat 'em up in my opinion. Perhaps you could get to play on both Themyscira and on Earth, but it would focus heavily on combat with multiple enemies at once. You also have a lot at your disposal, like your lasso which you can use to drag enemies towards you (or tie them up), or the tiara which works well for ranged attacks. Maybe you'd have to manually use your bracelets to deflect bullets, but it shouldn't be that hard... right?

Doctor Strange

Yeah, so this game is going to be very trippy. Just like I mentioned with some of the previous ones, it could work in many different ways but something similar to Bioshock Infinite would be good. You'd get to create portals to other dimensions and travel to whichever one you want at any time. There would be cases where the plot even requires you to do it.

Potential Success

Daredevil

Now, this could be a really fun game about a trained martial artist who's a lawyer by day and a masked vigilante by night. He also has really good senses and can sense anyone who's near him, and is skilled acrobat who regularly climbs rooftops. What could possibly go wrong?

Um, I don't know; the fact that he's blind?

This would be a really awesome game but I feel we wouldn't get the full experience if we can see stuff that the protagonist cannot. But that's just not practical since video games are obviously very visual. However, here's something for you to know.

Fun fact: Daredevil's radar sense is better than Spider-Man's spider-sense.

So the mechanic could involve us only being able to see what he's able to sense. The rest of the screen could just be faintly black?

I'm still not completely sure about this one. Maybe we should wait until we have better technology?

Are there any you feel that deserve their own games? Feel free to post below :)

#LTComicTakes #LTGamingTakes

22
7
7Girl Opinion
22Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• meatballs21
    Flash wouldn't work for the same reason recent Sonic games haven't - just moving around fast isn't good as the central mechanic for a game. Sonic games of yore were fun because it was about solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles in each level. The nearest equivalent I could think of would be Sonic CD where you had to travel through time to find and destroy objects in the past in order to make the future version of each level better... it would be too rudimentary by modern standards to do Flash justice.

Daredevil could reproduce his 'radar' by making it look like Superhot or maybe the killing frenzy levels in Wet... at least for the action sequences. I don't think the world is ready for a game that takes permanently in an altered visual effect, the rest of the time we'd need to have 'normal' graphics for story sequences.

Both Green Lantern and Doctor Strange would both require fanciful worlds and lots of mind-bending puzzles and abilities. Doctor Strange in particular would probably be a lot like Psychonauts was.

Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Sabretooth

I fully agree with you about flash...:I know I'd quickly grow bored

Most Helpful Girl

• ChocoLada
    I like games like X-Men vs Street Fighter, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Marvel vs. Capcom, but you are right, every hero should get their own game.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

621
  • TatyanaTheEmpress
    That would be interesting, but what about The Phantom?
    cdn.blogarama.com/.../326600-3485094012.jpg
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

Yes. That would be interesting

• JayGarrick

Phantom 2040 already done

• @JayGarrick That was a long time ago, it was on Super Nintendo, but we need some new 3D game.

• kambo_trick3y
    https://youtu.be/zSs6CZPJzgk

Gameplay concept for Daredevil perhaps?
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

Yeah I was thinking of something like that

• GreatnessBack
    I actually was making a hobby The Flash game.
    I had it all planned out and everything.
    I would love to complete it, maybe send it as a concept to WB to makes the game.
    Like 1 Person
    • The problem with Green Lantern and Dr Strange is the scope of powers.
      GL can make anything with his mind, creating that many assets that are useful and balanced in a game is damn hard to do.
      DS powers are more focused, but users will want ALL his powers and that can be hard to balance.
      Wonder Woman game would be awesome!!!

I prefer Hawkeye over Green Arrow, but yeah!!

• LadyTerror

That's cool. So what was the game like? I once made a game about a penguin with a jet pack. A lot of people compared the flight mechanics to Iron Man's. I'll post a screenshot when I can.

And I agree about GL and Strange. The same would apply to Silver Surfer too.

I like Hawkeye too but the reason I mentioned Green Arrow is because he's good at close combat too, so he won't have to rely only on his arrows

• " So what was the game like? "

It's about speed and all things surrounding it. I even slow down time for the player to see solutions. Also, the Flash can die in two bullets, but since he's superfast, he can easily dodge them.
      There is a run button if the player just wants to run FAST.
      I was thinking of using a power wheel and set one button to that power, like tornado arms or instant dodge and a light-heavy combo buttons to create slick combos.

• DiogoRibeiro
    The Flash could yield an amazing game. Time is one interesting element to manipulate on gameplay, as countless other titles have proved very successfully.

Dr. Strange I believe would be a good character for a RPG-inspired game like Deus Ex.

The only one I'd maybe argue against is the Green Lantern. The most interesting thing about the character is his ability to create anything and his creativity. And that would probably be lost in a game today. Maybe in the future. ;)

Cool myTake!
    Like 1 Person
  • dolemite68
    blade was always my favorite comic book character i love the concept of an antihero, i can't believe there hasn't been a good blade video game yet
    Like 1 Person
  • lime_rampljuset
    what about a villain? like playing as harley quinn (featuring her solo adventures)
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

If it's about Harley, then Poison Ivy would have to be a payable character too

• LadyTerror

Playable*

• Kgbmafia

And catwoman xD they're luke a love triangle. Don't worry arkham city sirens is coming out. Harley has her standalone film

• MrMysteryMan
    Black Panther, Carnage/Venom, either or, Captain America (beating up Nazis/Hydra and the Red Skull), a proper HULK game would be EPIC!!!
    Like 1 Person
  • YourFutureEx
    Even tho I don't know about half of them, I totally agree. But I doubt that any company would take the risk.
    Like 1 Person
  • alice55
    I totally agree. I would like to have a games with Red hood (even though he's a anti heroes not a superheroes) and Superman too would be great.
    I've see some people talking about it before.
    Like 1 Person
  • Sabretooth
    i want venom game... t of course... a story of redemption
    Like 2 People
    • Yes I'd love it running around eating people while using his awesome powers. That's a great idea.

• Sabretooth

@jestingdemon not really. You could do that in the ultimate spiderman game. In that game-and while playing as venom-you had know webbing and you were constantly loosing health-on top of that-there was no radom crimes-just an endless wave of enemies-while you could turn the army of-all you could do was terrorize a defenseless city... fun, for a while.

• Was he a good guy with a story plot in it though? I think that would make a big difference you wouldn't think he would take that much damage quickly

• jestingdemon
    A Gambit game would be awesome especially if it was like an origins story sandbox style game.
    Doctor Strange could be interesting as well
    Like 3 People
  • Femdomina
    Nice, I'd like to see those games as soon as possible.
    Like 1 Person
  • ThisDudeHere
    "Flash"
    Would have to be seriously nerfed to be doable. Perhaps TV series flash could work but with less cringe (I stopped watching that show. Too much to handle.)

"Green Lantern Corps"
    Extent of power hard to define or measure.

"Silver Surfer"
    I really don't see this happening if it's something of a traditional RPG or action game. I guess the only thing that can pull off a Silver Surfer (or really any superhero come to think of it) is a Telltaltes-esque purely choice and narrative driven game.

Silver Surfer's solution applies to all the superheroes in this list except for Daredevil who, considering how he's more grounded in reality (comparably), could pull off a pretty good game actually.
    Like 1 Person
  • Toad-1
    Silver surfer had a shmup on nes but it was hard af. But he should get anew game

Aquaman also had a game on the GameCube but I heard it's as bad as Superman 64. One of the worst games ever!
    Like 1 Person
  • John_Doesnt
    Most of those had their own game back in the retro days. Aquaman had an N64 game, the Flash was on SNES and Wonderwoman was on SNES too.
    Like 1 Person
  • JayGarrick
    It would be interesting to play villains in their own video games.
    Like 3 People
  • Zorax
    I agree, all of them should have a game of their own, especially Silver Surfer and Wonder Woman.
    Like 1 Person
  • ImaginativeDreamer
    Awesome, new polls, I bet Green Arrow would make a cool game.
    Like 1 Person
  • fenixx0083
    Green Lantern would be the most open-ended and epic scaling possibilities...
    Like 1 Person
  • Kgbmafia
    Can we have a standalone joker game thanks xD
    Like 1 Person
  • Show More (7)