Raise your hand if you want to take a time machine and go back to the late 80s to early 90s.
Don't we all?
Lmao I didn't even exist in the 80s or 90s yet I still wanna go there. Heard it was dope.
Anyway, shoutout to @TokyoGhoulLover for posting that New Edition song on here a few days ago and now I can't stop listening to the 80s-90s section in my playlist.
Even though I was born in 2000, I still grew up listening to music hits from a bunch of decades due to neighbours playing their music SUPER LOUD on a Sunday morning while cleaning, my older sister constantly on a 90s baby nostalgia moment and my dad teaching me about bands and groups and artists back in the day, New Jack Swing is one of my favourite genres in music.
Why was it so awesome?
Well first of all, when you fuse Hip Hop and R&B together, IT'S FUCKING MAGIC! Not to mention the drum machines add life to it. Teddy Riley god bless your soul...
- When you hear a track, you can't help but dance.
- It had a fashion influence, like those really over-sized comfortable clothes in the early 90s.
- New Jack Swing helped kick started a lot of artists' careers.
- It puts you in a good mood most of the time, because it gives you life.
- The music video dance choreographies were awesome.
Do I need to say more?
Also, Bruno Mars' song 'Finesse' sounds like Poison, Remember The Time and Every Little Step had a hybrid child lmao. I really love that it had New Jack Swing vibes in it.
Well, what do you guys think? Should we bring back New Jack Swing? Also, post your favourite New Jack Swing hits from back in the day.