My Review on Me Before You

I loved the book and movie because I can personally relate to it. I'm a CNA and this book reminded me of the relationships I have with my "do not resuscitate" patients. Being a do not resuscitate or DNR patient, means that when their heart stops or they stop breathing, you have to let them go. If you force your personal views on them and try to save their life, you will get in a ton of trouble and probably lose your license. Part of my job is to provide emotional support to DNR patients and their families. Any CNA can be the greatest friend and support to a DNR patient and it won't change their mind about being a DNR.

My Review on Me Before You

In fact, I think it's selfish and arrogant to think that you alone, can change a person's mind that much. In fact, I am willing to bet my college debt they have thought about this decision longer than people will give them credit for. Me Before You tackles a slightly different topic, euthanasia. I think if I was in Will's state, I would probably want to choose euthanasia too. Will talks about how he loved his life before he became paraplegic but now he needs help with the simplest of tasks and he's always in pain. I'm an independent person who likes to do things myself. I would probably hate my life too.

My Review on Me Before You

It's not up to anyone but that person to decide what is best for them. If they decided that they are too much pain to,even function, then let them go. That's why I think the movement to hate Me Before You is so dumb. I still think Louisa meeting Will was good for her. She talks about living a life that she is clearly settling for. Will convinces her to live her life more fully because unlike him, she is able to. I think she is now a favorite fictional character of mine. And Emilia Clarke was perfect for the role. Me Before You puts readers into the position of the main character and forces them to make a decision on a very serious topic.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if a person is always in a ton of pain, then I think it's okay to let them go. If a family member of mine was always in pain, and wanted to do euthanasia, I would be okay with that. Of course I love my family but I'm more afraid of making them suffer. It would be selfish of me to tell them to keep fighting simply I can't live without them.

14
1truekhaleesi is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand why people are against physician assisted suicide

• From what I've noticed, people are against it because they say medical advances happen all the time. Plus they say miracles happen too.

• Same here. I think if I was in a similar situation like Will, then I would hate my life and want to be dead too.

• Its like are they going to charge my lifeless corpse?
      Are they going to submit a supeona via a seance and where am I going to get a lawyer cause I'm seriously hoping I'm not going where they are

Most Helpful Girl

• This movie seems too sad for me to watch - but I'm probably gonna end up watching it anyway.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 3

• Mom used some of the endless supply of drugs she had for multiple conditions to speed her end, on her own, with the connivance of her caregivers.. the best solution for her and for my dad.

• I had to deal with this with my father..

• Interesting

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!