Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

DizzyDesii

There have been plenty of male action stars, but today, I’ll be listing my faves (in no particular order). #FeelFreeToList below who out of those #Top20BadAzzes are also in your faves. By the way, I will only list the films that I personally enjoyed each in.

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger

My grandpa is my favorite person to watch action films with and although I’m a 90s baby, Commando was one of the first films he introduced me to. I know most of you love him for the Terminator or Predator, but I’ll forever know him for Commando. I also enjoyed him in the action films Jingle All the Way, Twins, Kindergarten Cop, Escape Plan, End of Days, 6th Day, and Terminator Genisys.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

2. Jean Claude Van Damme

Even though I’m not crazy about seeing a dude hit splits, this will forever be my Universal Soldier. I also enjoyed Double Impact and Hard Target.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

3. Will Smith

Hit em up Big Willy Style!! Okay great now I’m gonna have “Gettin Jiggy With It” stuck in my head for the rest of the day. This dude had so many action movies that I don't know where to start. I’m sure your faves were Wild Wild West, I Am Legend, Men in Black, and Bad Boys. But, I really enjoyed Enemy of the State, Hancock, Independence Day, iRobot, and his cameo in Winter’s Tale.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

4. Chuck Norris

I’ll forever love him as Walker Texas Ranger. And i recall liking Sidekicks and Breaker Breaker but it was so long ago that I saw then. His cameo in the Hawaii Five O finale made me smile so hard.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

5. Jackie Chan

My main man, Jackie Chan just lights up the room. Of course the Rush Hour films are what made me fall in love with him. Supercop, Tuxedo, Karate Kid, and Spy Next Door were interesting as well. And I remember First Strike had me cracking up with the shark scenes. I don't know if you’ve seen Bleeding Steel but wow I loved the colors and graphics in that one. The supporting cast were cool too

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

6. Wesley Snipes

It took me forever to give Blade a chance lol but I admit i liked part one. The Fan wasn't as great as Swim Fan but i still enjoyed it. Money Train was pretty badass too, but my absolute fave wil forever be US Marshals! I still haven't forgiven Robert Downey Jr for that one

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

7. Martin Lawrence

Okay i know it sounds like a bit of a joke but i’d call it a good one. You’re probably expecting me to name Bad Boys, but for me its Big Momma’s House 1 and 2. Lmao believe it or not, it had some kickass scenes. Then there was National Security and the two other faves that i watch nonstop, Blue Streak and Nothing To Lose.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

8. Mel Gibson

Okay so I’ve attempted to watch The Patriot twice and still can't bring myself to finish... one day though!! You probably love him for that and Lethal Weapon. I on the other hand really loved him in Ransom, Forever Young, and Mad Max. But my absolute fave would have to be Bird on a Wire.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

9. Dwayne Johnson

Gosh it pains me to name this cocky mf. It really does. But I just love his films Rampage, San Andreas, Hercules, Walking Tall, Pain/Gain, and Hobbs/Shaw. Journey 2, Get Smart, and Race to Witch Mountain were not as bad either. He forever pissed me off in Doom and I just was not feeling Skyscraper, Jungle Cruise, Jumanji and Baywatch. But I intend to watch Black Adam although I don't know who that is lol.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

10. Tom Cruise

I used to love me some Tom, but he's another cocky mf that I hate to list lol. YET, i love some of his films and Believe it or not, Top Gun is not one. I feel Mission Impossible Series is overrated but i liked MI1, MI3, and MI Rogue Nation. I absolutely loved The Mummy remake way more than the originals. I also loved Knight & Day and Edge of Tomorrow was decent. Collateral however was just too dry of a movie for me.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

11. Nicholas Cage

Nick is it! I loved that dude in Ghost Rider, Con Air, and Next. However I couldnt get into National Treasure or The Rock.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

12. Jason Statham

I don't know why it took all the way until last year for me to really get into this man. But man. Im really into this man lmao. He might be balding and have a weird shaped nose and a smartass mouth but its something about him. Anyways, to stay on topic, I’ve loved him ever since Death Race, the first film i ever saw him in. But i went back and checked out Crank. I honestly only liked Transporter 2. Wrath of the Man, Parker and The Meg werent the best but Jason is one of the best things about the Fast & Furious films, therefore, I absolutely loved Hobbs & Shaw. Spy and Safe were just as awesome.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

13. Morgan Freeman

Morgan did great in The Dark Knight. And I know y'all liked Shawshank Redemption but i need more Alex Cross films. I will forever love him as the detective in Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls. High Crimes was good too.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

14. Jamie Foxx

This next one may come as a surprise, but he absolutely redeemed Electro in Spiderman No Way Home, Law Abiding Citizen and White House Down were amazing. I think i’ll give Robin Hood and Baby Driver a try.Held Up and Bait will forever hold places in my heart. They were goofy as hell and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

15. Gerard Butler

Okay so Im not crazy about the entire “...Has Fallen” series but Olympus Has Fallen was amazing. The Bounty Hunter showed his more lighthearted side and was still amazing. Gods of Egypt, Shattered, and Timeline were good as well. Greenland shocked me sooo much.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

16. Idris Elba

When I heard that Idris was in Suicide Squad 2, I said well damn I may have to reconsider lol. This dude was so mf amazing in Hobbs/Shaw holy smokes. The Dark Tower and No Good Deed were good as well. I loved Takers and i may just have to give Ragnarok a chance.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

17. Chris Evans

Okay to y'all, he's Captain America. But to me, he’ll forever be The Human Torch from Fantastic Four. I’ll finally get to see Knives Out soon and i hope it doesn't disappoint. I also need to watch Street Kings and Kick-Ass. I loved Captain America’s Winter Soldier and Civil War. I also enjoyed Endgame. But my forever favorite Chris movie will be Cellular. It just never gets old.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

18. Tommy Lee Jones

Once again, I’m not crazy about Men in Black, but I loved him in US Marshals, Man of the House, The Fugitive, Volcano, Under Siege, and Double Jeopardy. I can watch each of these repeatedly and never get tired. He is a seemingly mean mf who rarely smiles but when he does, it makes me smile haha.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

19. Jet Li

Okay I just heard my boy is in Mulan? Now I definitely gotta check it out. I loved him in Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 Da Grave, and The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I don't know what it is but its just sexy seeing him fight. I honestly need to rewatch the Forbidden Kingdom.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

20. Paul Walker

Lastly, my boo... rip love. Okay I gotta keep it together. Its just, he’s the only celeb death that I ever cried over. He was by no means the greatest actor and he was not that great of a physical fighter in my opinion. But bae still gave his all in each film and every scene he starred in. And he had the greatest smile ever. Gosh I loved him in the Fast & Furious series. But he first stole my heart in Joy Ride. I really really also loved him in Running Scared and Takers. He slick annoyed me in The Skulls and She’s All That. But I also enjoyed him in Hours, Into the Blue, Pleasantville, Timeline and Noel. I hope to see Vehicle 19 soon. I don't know if you’ve seen Brick Mansions and i know the storyline wasn't all that but the parkour. Omg so damn sexy.

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Now dont get me wrong. I enjoyed some of the action films from others. But I wouldn't call those guys my top 20. Lets call them the Dirty 30 honorable mentions. (See above under Paul’s pics)

Next Up— My Top Badass Female Action Stars

Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz
27
5
5Girl Opinion
27Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Jamie05rhs
    I agree with you on Martin Lawrence. He's funny a f, too!

Yes, Tom Cruise is a prick, but he has good movies.

Jason Statham is amazing.

My boy Jamie Foxx was good in Robin Hood. He was excellent in Django Unchained.

You forgot Vin Diesel!

I really like Mark Wahlberg in Four Brothers and Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout.

I really loved Sylvester Stallone in The Expendables. Total badass.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Samuel L. Jackson. Or Denzel Washington!
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • DizzyDesii

I refuse to watch Django lmao. Vin Diesel and Denzel are listed underneath Pauls pic.

• Jamie05rhs

@DizzyDesii Actually, I don't blame you at all. It was pretty graphic. Definitely not something for the faint of heart. And it could definitely be triggering to an African-American. It upset me a lot and I'm white.

• DizzyDesii

I’d lose respect for leonardo dicaprio if i watch it

• Titanic1912
    All those actors are really good. I love Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop, Twins and Junior. Nicholas Cage was awesome in Honeymoon in Vegas, It Could Happen To You and National Treasure. And Tom Cruise was great in Top Gun, Rain Man and Days of Thunder.

You should’ve mentioned Harrison Ford! He was totally badass when he was Han Solo in Star Wars and Indiana Jones!
    Is this still revelant?
    • DizzyDesii

Harrison Ford is listed underneath Pauls pic

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

525
  • Lynx122
    Jet Li, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Jackie Chan, Tom Cruise would be my top 5 not in order. Vin Diesel was also good when he did triple X but now he doesn't do much. With Will Smith and Jamie Foxx I like them more for their acting iRobot probably had the best action by Will Smith. Have you seen Unleashed by Jet Li? It's really good :)
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Vin diesel does F&F, Bloodshot, Witch Hunter, etc. what do you mean he doesn't do much. And insaw part of Unleashed

• Northernlights25
    I actually do not like the Patriot. It's very ahistorical and full of cheesy American propaganda. Mel is so anti-English in his movies, same thing with Braveheart. I mean in entertainment value sure it's a good one. And Jason Isaacs has a good character but other than that it makes me roll my eyes.
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

I love me some Jason Isaacs. I was tempted to list him but the mytakes only allows 20 pics

• Yeah Isaacs is epic. Him alone makes a movie worth at least a try. He has that iconic British poshness that I like.

• DizzyDesii

he's just sexy af. Right now i watch his suow Good Sam and he's gettin on my nerves

• VarddaanKaushikk
    1. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    2. Tom Cruise
    3. Jason Statham
    4. Dwayne Johnson
    5. Sylvester Stalone
    6. Jackie Chan
    7. Henry Cavill
    8. Hugh Jackman
    9. Chris Evans
    10. Sebastian Stan
    11. Charlie Cox
    12. Jamie Foxx
    13. Willem Dafoe
    14. Anthony Mackie
    15. Paul Walker

I don't know anymore BADASS Action Starz as of now
    Like 1 Person
  • Uptowngirl88
    I don't know if these guys are considered action Starz but here are my faves Leonard di caprio. He nailed catch me if you can and wolf of Wallstreet. Next Tom hanks then Denzel Washington. Scarlett jo Hansen I loved her in lucy.
    Like 1 Person
    • DizzyDesii

Lol i mainly love Leonardo in Man in the Iron Mask. he's listed above under Paul Walkers pic. So is Denzel. I left out Tom. I also left out the women because im making their mytake tomorrow

• TrueConfection
    You could have just stopped at Jean Claude Van Damme. 🤤
    Like 1 Person
  • NathanDavis
    Kung Fu Hustle!!
    Stephen Chow
    Stephen Chow
    will you have a MyTake on Bad-Ass action girls as well?
    Rush hour
    Rush hour
    • DizzyDesii

Did you read the last sentence in the mytake

• I did read it but I didn't register it... I went to the pic with the bunch of mentions and I didn't see Kevin Costner there, lol... Sean Connery?

• DizzyDesii

I didn't care for kevin. I only liked Sean in Entrapment

• The_Shadow_Dweller
    Damm this list amazing! Now I will try to watch the movies mentioned in here.
    Like 1 Person
  • DeeDeeDeVour
    Martin Lawrence doesn't deserve to be among those distinguished actors. Top 20 Bad-Ass Action Starz Denzel Washington does.
    • Denzel is above honorable mention level.

• DizzyDesii

Well denzel gets on my mf nerves with his rudeass mouth. I like some of his movies but i dont like him as a person. I definitely prefer martin lawrence to him

• Martin isn't badass at all. Denzel IS badass.

• AdithyaR
    Another great one was Bruce Lee, even Jackie Chan used to say in his earlier days, he had this one scene in a Bruce Lee movie and he said Bruce Lee outdid him in ever aspect, speed, technique and strength.
    The man was a once in a millennium martial art genius.
    • DizzyDesii

Yes everyone below mentioned him but i only saw one of his films and never finished so i didn't list him but may he rip

• AdithyaR

Cool

• MTC29
    Where is Bruce Willis? You must have heard of Die Hard. If not, come over and watch it with me.

Tom Cruise? How bad ass can you be at 5-7? In fairness to TC, that is an ideal height for a fighter pilot (Top Gun)... but not for an action hero.
    • DizzyDesii

Read the mytake. Bruce Willis is underneath Paul

• MTC29

I guess I missed it. Sorry.

• kellytheman
    Those are all great action movie stars but I think you forgot about Bruce Willis. He was in a lot like the Die Hard franchise. Also Keneu Reeves is another one being a bad ass in John Wick and Matrix franchises Point Break was good too.
    • DizzyDesii

I did not forget them. Look at the end of the take if you read it

• Oh okay I just feel they could be in your top 20

• DizzyDesii

I dont like them that much so theyre not. I listed who i personally liked

• humpbackjack
    How does martin Lawrence and Tom Cruze make that list but the all time bad ass BRUCE LEE doesn’t it doesn’t matter live or dead recent or older BRUCE LEE is at the top of the list
    • DizzyDesii

Because i didn't watch his films. Okay like one. But i was like 5 and turned away to play with my toys. I just never gave him a chance. Im more into jackie and jet. I remember watching his son as The Crow

• TheAfrikan
    Surprisingly I do watch them all and I habe to say they are gifted in ActionScript @DizzyDesii but I would add in the likes of
    Scarlett Johnson
    Mila jovovich
    Keanu Reevs
    Angelina Joliet
    Dolph Lundgren
  • 20yearsolder
    I don't watch that many movies, I would be lucky to name five action stars
    • DizzyDesii

Lol im only asking who out of my top 20 do you know/like

• My bad, let me scroll through it again

• I know all of them, some of them I wouldn't consider action heroes. I know it's your personal opinion

• OnKoing
    Good list dude, but none of fill the top spot here and there are 2 glaring omissions: Keanu Reeves and Bruce Lee. Now you guess which is the better
    • DizzyDesii

doesn't matter cause theyre not in my top 20. But i did list Keanu underneath Pauls pic

• OnKoing

👍 nice one, just adding to the stew 😎

• OnKoing

@DizzyDesii just expand this to a list of 50 and everybody has a vote 😉

• FinalFantasyBro
    I think another badass action star is the martial artist Bruce Lee but seriously all of these guys you had list is straight up raw in a good way.
  • LaFerrari
    Idc what anyone says Tom cruise is the best action star that has ever lived… does his own stunts too… no one can match his performances.
    • DizzyDesii

Lmao good thing you dont care what anyone says cause many of us could disagree 🤣

• LaFerrari

I mean did any of them do hundreds of halo jumps to get the perfect shot in one movie?

Or hang outside of a plane taking off?

Or learn how to fly one the most dangerous helicopter maneuvers in the world solo for a movie?

Guy is unbeatable

• DizzyDesii

Jackie chan does his own stunts. Bruce Lee does his own stunts. Im pretty sure so many of the above do if you research it

• Dargil
    He's formidable when he's working. Timothy Olyphant.
    And the eternal Clint Eastwood.
    • DizzyDesii

I loved Timothy Olyphant in Live Free or Die Hard and Perfect Getaway, I didn't finish Hitman though but parts of it was cool

• Dargil

"Justified" is worth watching the whole series.

• EffaMan
    Jean Claude Van Damme and Jackie Chan forever :D
    Like 1 Person
    • Absolutely. I love both but i love jackie more haha

• Cubus
    I first thought about Jason Stathem. I knew he would be here.
  • Show More (10)