8 Reasons Why Guy Friends Are the Best

8 Reasons Why Guy Friends Are the Best

Here's a list of reasons why guy friends are the best and why I have so many of them. Even though I do have girl friends that are wonderful as well, I wanted to shed light on how amazing guy friends can be and all of their benefits. 💕

1.) I can be myself around them.

Typically this is a wonderful thing, because with girls there can be room for a lot of judgment. Not to say all girls are judgmental, but it's a common character trait that they have and it's very rare that someone won't feel self conscious around a group of women, unless they're close and personal with them. With guys, I'm my absolute weirdest, craziest and vulnerable self and they love me just the same- if not more when I'm being my authentic self around them. :)

2.) They give the best advice.

Whether it's a tough breakup with your longtime partner or simply encouragment on passing final exams or nailing a job interview, they give the most brotherly and straightforward advice. It's like chicken soup for the soul. They don't sugar coat anything, but they don't brutally tear you down either. They tell you like it is, but in a nice, calm and constructive way. It's also done out of love. And you will never hate them for it. <3

3.) They're protective.

Almost every one of my guy friends are always genuinely concerned about me. They never like to hear anything unsettling and are always there to comfort and cheer me up. If someone were bothering me/ harassing me online, they would instantly go on protective mode and either give the best advice they could or confront them themselves, if they had to. In person, it's a different story. They'd completely step in front of me against anyone.

4.) They aren't jealous of me.

I know what a lot of you might be thinking. This is me taking a jab at women, insisting they're all jealous hearted and catty. While this is true to some extent, not all women are like this. There are some women who are actually encouraging and love to encourage their pretty, successful friends and be happy for them, rather than compete or try to bring them down.

In refererence to guys, this also applies. I've had a handful of friends that were a little too competitive. One in particular. She copied almost everything I did, and she always had to relate to something I did. She never truly seemed entirely happy for me when something wonderful was brought up, in regards to my life. With guy friends, they don't waste their time and energy doing that. They aren't jealous of my happiness or success, they wholeheartedly support it. And that's what I love about them the most.

Not implying some girl friends can't be the same, because all of my girl friends care about me and my happiness and support it fully. I have cut out the ones who I felt didn't, and I'm so glad I did.

5.) They care to reach out.

A lot of my female friendships are a little one sided. But with my guy friends, they are usually the ones that reach out and talk to me the most. I don't have to be the one who always initiates contact. They care enough to message me if we haven't spoken in a while and check on me. It makes me feel cared for in loved more than anything.

6.) They can carry on a conversation forever.

Guy friends are so easy to talk to, and you can spend hours texting, calling, or having a deep and personal conversation with them over coffee, brunch, or any occasion. They don't tyically like to leave you on read and go weeks without contacting you.

7.) They are there for me when I need them.

I recall a few days ago, I was in my bedroom and feeling very sick. I didn't know what to do, because I don't have a working car as of right now and therefore not much stability in getting places. However, after a brief call to one of my close guy friends, he came to the rescue and took me to a neighborhood Walmart to get remedies that helped me feel better. It was incredibly sweet and thoughtful. A good guy friend who loves you enough will come right to your rescue at only a phone call away if you dearly need them. That's one reason that I love them eternally. I can rely on my guy friends for anything and I can trust them wholeheartedly.

8.) They are like brothers.

Who doesn't want a wonderful big brother that you can accept as your own? That's how I feel about all of my guy friends. They're like the big brothers I never had, and it's truly the best feeling ever.

8 Reasons Why Guy Friends Are the Best

2945

Most Helpful Guys

• "But with my guy friends, they are usually the ones that reach out and talk to me the most"
    "They are there for me when I need them"
    ...
    Are these guys are single?

Tbh these just sounds like you enjoy the attention of the opposite sex, which is fine, many guys (single or not) are very nice towards women they want to fuck

• I agree with this. One of my best friends is a girl, she's like a little sister to me and I can vouch for this list.

On the other hand, be careful who you let into your personal life. Some guys have different intentions and lord know what complications that could cause over time

Most Helpful Girls

• Yeah, until they catch feelings for you and you end up friendzoning them it really isn`t that great anymore hahaha

• I know people say "I prefer guy friends because it's less drama" LIES!!! It can be just as more drama it's just you can be a lot more carefree and the one about conversations is right, boys can talk hours and hours about any damn topic, with boys you're never bored.

• I'm not saying I prefer guy friends. I love my girl friends just as much, as I stated previously. I only wanted to bring attention to guys and insist that a girl and guy can have a strictly platonic friendship without dating. guy friends are very fun, and like play brothers to me. that's all I meant to point out really! but thanks for your opinion! ☺️

• this was not aimed at you... sorry I didn't make that clear, it's just a simple opinion I have relating to the topic of guys friends, I actually agree with everything you're saying. I do this a lot and people seem to think I'm an overly opinionated "angry black girl" sorry.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 43

• Well duh, of course he's "the best". he's free attention and validation and always there when you need him, shame that will never be reciprocated.

• Actually you're wrong. I'm there for them just as much if not more than they are for me. You don't sound like the kind of friend I'd ever want to have.

• Also. You sound like every girl I've been friends with. Obviously your words say: "im always there for him." But, your actions likely tell a different story.

• How naive can you be... they don't need your friendship, they want you to be their girlfriend.

• 9) They will forcefully have sex with you when they accompany you back to their apartment after a long night of partying.

Seriously, girls covering themselves with hungry beta orbiters, and then we are surprised that in the overwhelming majority of rape cases the victim knew the perp.

• @SalvadorGrotheimen
      "Well, the "all men are rapists" attitude, which you are getting dangerously close to here, makes ME angry. "
      Oh, I'm. not saying that at all. But when a girl has more than 20 male "friends", which are of course all wannabe fuckboys, because she chose them based on who was most likely to bend to her will... well, when one of them gets into a scenario which DOES imply potential sex, they take it. Whether it is rape is not relevant in mind. The girl will experience it as rape, the guy will feel it is a paid bill. Either way you look at it, it's stupid.

I don't want to advertise the feminist bullshit you mentioned, on the contrary. But I think it is importsnt to point out the issue of orbiters, as it is slowly becoming a societal model for a matriarchal society.

• @SalvadorGrotheimen
      "Just assuming that a guy is only your friend because he wants to rape"
      Not rape. Have sex. It. just turns out to be rape sometimes.

"
      Calling guys who are friends with girls"
      I specifically meant the kind of girl the myTake owner describes - the ones that are seemingly loyal to the death without repercussions, are always there for her, etc. Those guys ofter have mental baggages themselves.
      As a guy my advice for every guy out there - if you like her, dom't enter a platonic relationship, just ask her out, and if you don't see the hope, just leave before you get attached to her.
      I know a friend who is practically addicted to platonic relationships, he hops from worshipping one girl to another - and let me tell you. He is a trainwreck.

• There's two sides to every story, and if I were you, I'd think carefully about what theirs might be.

• I am open to being friends with women I have no chance with, either because they are in a long term relationship or married or aren't attracted to me. I love the company, regardless of rather I'd like to be more intimate. I see that as gravy, though.

• "However, after a brief call to one of my close guy friends, he came to the rescue and took me to a neighborhood Walmart to get remedies that helped me feel better. "

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxuY9FET9Y4

• Good take - My only concern is feelings - If everyone on same page and platonic, I see no reason why it can't work out.

• Cute take but what will you do if they start to like you?

• Nobody likes me. I have too many emotional problems

• It's probably happened but you haven't admitted it. Anyways answer the question what will you do if they start to like you?

• I hope you know half your guy friends wants to sleep with you if they fulfill most of those.

• jfc the comments xD

I think the key is fine tuning whether they are actual friends who treat you like a friend OR a guy that is just trying to show his affection in an attempt to win you over. Some of your points are what most men would attempt to show that he likes you as more than a friend.

You do you, this post could just be you making it clear that particular individuals will remain friends regardless.

• If they're really that genuine, then either they're happy in their relationship (with someone else), don't wanna be in a relationship or just wanna get into your pants, you never know.. exceptions exist though.

• I can rely on my guy friends for anything - i had/have a lady friend that even got a 'helping hand' out of me. i 'taught' her about foreplay and how to masturbate, i was the first cock she saw and touched and played with.

• You just described the ultimate cock blocking friend zone. Those guys usually (and understandingly) want to be in a relationship with you that is more than platonic.

• I wonder how do you girls get male friends, who really just want to be your friend?
    Is there an application i have to fill out or? :D
    Now that i'm thinking about it, i have one close friend who is a girl, but we met as kids, so it was easy. Nowadays i don't even know how to begin.

• Sorry to bust your bubble but you re not describing guy friends, but friendzoned guys!!!

• You do realize that 95% of them want to escape the friend zone and bang you, right?

• I’m glad you found the good guys! I try to be one too...

• and why are so many more girls are much cattier than guys? b/c guys get the crap beat out of them when they're like that. call it corrective action.

• That's interesting. I can't imagine having a girl that I'm attracted to as a friend it wouldn't feel right I would feel like I was rejected for the big picture

• Depending on the guy and his intentions, these can be genuinely true

• @BellaIsQueen @Schrodingerscat you need to feel my importance🤣🤣

• Well, that's one way to say putting guys in the friend zone is the best lol.

• If you differentiate the friendship coming from a male and a female then you friendzoned a lot of dudes lol

• These are good points. Two of my three close female friends do consider me sort of like a brother.

• less drama is a really good property to have, people have so much on their own plate these days that too much from others can drive you crazy.

• Might as well change the title to why being friend zoned is great

• Awesome. I have some sister-like relationships with a few girlfriends. It's awesome. We're friends, but we still bag on eachother.

• nice take , even i dont feel anything for my best female friends but i dont want them to end with bad partner.

• "They are lie brother" Dammit! We will never escape brothers!

• I've actually always wanted a little sister, and now I have two. So this goes both ways.

• agree guys are the best hence why i dont be freinds with women
    bunch of drama queens

• Show more from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 27

• And they can just be quiet when you want to! My guy friend (now husband) and I could sit for the longest time neither saying a word, just enjoying each other's company! Totally the best!

Best guy friends make the best hubbies! You can talk about anything. You know him as well as you know yourself. He's cool just hanging around with you and doesn't have to go see all his guy friends, he's already figured out he's hanging with his best friend ever!

• I have lots of guy friends to and I agree with a lot you said but there's also a lot of negatives to it as well

• agreed love! also I'm not saying I don't love having female friends! I love my girls just as much as my guys! I wanted to be fair in bringing attention to males since they don't seem to get a lot of attention in today's world. <3

• Totally agree 😊 guys tend to get a bad rep but most of them are lovely and super fun to be around

• This is so subjective it hurts my brain.
    Listen, there happens to be more to a human being than genitals. You might see characteristics more common for one particular set of genitals, but this shit about dicks being better friends is fucking silly.
    And I'm saying this as a girl who grew up mostly around boys and typically get more along with men than women.

• And some of the guys in this ask still don't understand the concept of friendship beyond genitals. Fucking sad.

• #4 is strongest reason for me bonding more with guys. There's no drama, no competition to one up each other.

Besides, you can say most offensive stuff to them and they don't mind. I used to cuss and roast my guys friends and they do too. I couldn't pull that off with female friends

• In my case guys always have turned out to be fake or have hurt me

• guys can't be "just friends" with you

• I'm sorry :( maybe it is just personal experience!

• I think guys are better in friendships than in relationships. I don't know why but am pretty sure if i dated one of my dearest friends he would turn into an asshole

• I've always had more male than female friends for these exact reasons. Great take!!

• Yeah this doesn't sound like a guy friend. More like guys that hope to get into your pants one day. I agree with some , but not all of your points.

• i have a guy friend who is like a brother to me. i'd say the only problem with making guy friends is some assuming that they can get sex

• The number 8 is tricky. Are you sure they view you as a sister? Beware...

• Having a lot of guys friends myself, I totally agree!

• and somewhere deep down inside, that guy bestfriend is just hoping you will like him eventually lol

• Agree! I have found men make better friends. Women get jealous and catty.

• Yes guys are great as friends I’m falling for a friend of mine

• Nice take

• can't agree more, very nice take darling

• Good take

• True

• omg yes I needed this :) Thanks for posting :)

• THey're never jealous of you like girls are

• Absolurly right?

• don't try to sound like you are doing the guys a favorite...
    take that "kindness" and love of yours and treat those who truly need the love such as the homeless or children, older pepole who would love to get love and hugs and attention from you...
    stop wasting these guys time... they can be talking to their gfs for hours why becasue their gfs treats them like a man, hugs them, kisses them, cuddles and do the things that makes thme feel love...
    guys will be fine without feeling like a loser to be the best "gay" friend.. the brother to this woman he wishes to hold her hand... yet all he can be is the brother.

all you stated are what you are gertting out of which is selfish and sick and nothing but a user to this guy friend of yours...

please do them a favoorte... be kind, be nice... i like you as a friend. i wish you the best... call me up when you meet a good girl... maybe we can double date...(since i have no interest in being that way with you... you say it in your head)

***A good guy friend who loves you enough will come right to your rescue****

a guy should be doing these for a girlfriend. not a user like you or any other girls out there being such a needy b*** that he drops his world to come to you yet to be your "brother"

stop training them to be pussies...
    if you have a decent heart... you don't call these guys to be there for you to act like your boyfriend and you dont' act like theri girlfriend.

cut the crap

• I get all of those from my girl friends tbh

• im sure there are guys like this... but where do i find a guy like this

• Can girls not do this or?

• not from my experience but hey everyone is different!

• I agree with this 100%

• They also end up in the friendzone LOL

• there's no such thing as the friendzone.

• @WitchsLove i might agree with that in part. but i know for fact that there are a lot of women who know it and keep the guy leashed because she knows she's got him hooked and it feeds her ego. You can't tell me these women are innocent they most certainly are not. No one guy or girl should keep the other gender dangling. get serious about them or cut them loose.

• Of course. Many women can be manipulative. But I also know many others sincerely think they also just want to be friends. Before I thought in the same way as them, but after something happened to me I tend to be more dubious about when guys say they want to be "friends".