The Cure For Drama

The Cure For Drama

"No More DRAMA"

Please Read At Your Own Risk. Potential Side Effects Is Becoming Stress And Drama Free.

Hi guys and girls!!!! I hope you're having a fantastic day. In this MyTake I will be covering DRAMA!!!!! I will be breaking down how to cure yourself of drama with family and friends to go on and live a drama free life. I was inspired to cover this MyTake after receiving feedback on the Karpman's Triangle. This is my favorite cognitive tool and has made my life essentially drama free. Karpman's Drama Triangle was created by Psychologist Dr. Stephen Karpman in 1963. He broke it down in his book "A Game Free Life". "This triangle can feel good", according to Karpman. "Victims feel innocent; persecutors feel powerful; rescuers feel righteous." My objective with my collection of MyTakes is to help you understand yourself and others better. My main objective is to spread love, peace, and positivity.

Let's get started:

Karpman's Drama Triangle

"Karpman's Drama Triangle"

The Persecutor

"You Deserve To Be Punished"
"Please Leave Me Alone"

The Persecutor is also known as the bully. They typically never take responsibility and will be quick to blame others. They will be very critical and very negative. They believe they are always good and everyone else is the problem. These are very negative traits and can be indicative of a toxic person. (If you need information on how to spot a toxic person or rid yourself of one place check out the resources below. ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡ )If you spend a lot of time in this role then you are essentially creating your own drama. You will need to get out of this role and into problem solving. Have no fear though because there is a cure!!!!

The Cure: Become A Challenger

"I Challenge You"

The challenger will state boundaries, communicate effectively, and will be open to problem solving. You are not bossy but encouraging to others. A challenger's purpose is not to punish anyone but rather to question the actions of another and try to understand them. You are not the judge and you do not carry out the punishment. You challenge the things you don't agree with and you try to problem solve potential solutions.

The Victim

"The Victim"
"I'm Good"

The Victim is the one who is helplessly and hopelessness dependent on another. They will need constant outside validation. They refuse to help themselves and are always relying on others to make decisions for them. They lack any real leadership skills or interpersonal skills. They do not have the will to get help or to better themselves. Do not be a victim. It is critical to avoid personally victimizing yourself for attention. Sometimes you will be a victim which is okay because it happens. What you don't want to be is helpless. When you are helpless you are creating drama for yourself and those whom you surround yourself with. Only once you get out of this drama role and into problem solving can you really become drama free. No worries because we have the cure!!!!!!!

The Cure: Become A Survivor/Thriver

"I'm A Survivor"

A survivor is no one's victim. They will thrive and grow from the pain they endure. A survivor is admirable whereas a victim is not. A survivor is a fighter that's completely capable of helping themselves and knowing when to ask for help. A survivor will overcome and adapt to any situation which helps them thrive too.

The Rescuer

"Let Me Save You"
"Blow Away The Negativity"

The Rescuer is also known as the "savior". When you are in this drama role it is because you love the drama. Even though you may instantly disagree that you don't like drama, take a few seconds and really think about the drama you intentionally invite into your life. When you are in this drama you role you are not problem solving. Not everyone WANTS to be saved. If you are spending a lot of time trying to save people or help people who won't even help themselves then unfortunately you like the drama more than you realize. It is sometimes easier to focus on fixing others instead of working on ourselves. *It is imperative to note that whenever you take on a role you are NOT problem solving. It's only once you get out of the roles, can problem solving occur and you can become essentially drama free.

The Cure: Become A Coach/Role Model

"Let Me Inspire You, While You Fix Yourself"

Once you reach problem solving you will no longer be stuck in this drama role. Being a coach instead of a savior will keep boundaries intact and self help at the forefront. When you are coaching someone you are giving advice and being an active listener. What you are not doing it making their problems your own. You can listen and support others without getting personally involved in their drama. As a coach you will also give relevant feedback with zero expectations that they will take the advice and/or use it. So be someone's coach, role model, and biggest cheerleader. Do this the next time you feel the urge to "save" someone who isn't interested in helping or saving themselves.

"Stop The Drama And Start Problem Solving"

Authors Remarks:

Hi guys and girls. I hope this take was very useful and an easy read. I had so much fun writing this and wanted to thank everyone reading and leaving feedback. "This triangle can feel good", according to Karpman. "Victims feel innocent; persecutors feel powerful; rescuers feel righteous." It is not always easy to staying out of the drama triangle but hopefully with practice and consistency you will be able to create a drama free life. Have A Wonderful COLORFUL Day!!!!!!

Yours Truly: Secret6620 ๐Ÿ’‹โ™ฅ๏ธ

"Here's Something Sweet For Stopping By"

This is a NEGATIVE FREE ZONE!!!! So be kind to one another and spread joy. If you have personal questions or off topic questions please direct message them. I will not be answering them on public posts. Thanks for understanding and respecting my privacy!!!!! Disclaimer: I do not own or profit off of the Illustrations utilized in this post. Please give credit to the artists and support their works by giving a like or a follow to their pages. They are extremely talented and deserve recognition. Sending โ˜ฎ๏ธ and love๐Ÿ’—

Resources To Check Out:

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/saymbash33r/drama-triangle-and-authentic-self-49351011

11 Ways To Spot A Frenemy: Do You Have A Frenemy?

How To Rid Yourself Of Cognitive Distortions

8 Types Of Toxic People

How To Stop Being A Toxic Person In 10 ways

Cognitive Distortions

Cognitive Distortions Continuedโ€ฆ

"A Game Free Life" By Dr. Karpman

Have A Wonderful COLORFUL Day!!!!

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹
๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹
The Cure For Drama
15
5

Most Helpful Girls

• Thatgal4426

I love love love your post! I've gotten to the point where I'm able to see the drama immediately and then remove myself from the situation or just remove the person as a whole.

I don't know I'd you do this but your takes or so good that I have a request on a topic and was wondering if you can do a take on it.

3 likes
    • Topic:Belonging is being somewhere where you want to be, and they want you. Fitting in is being somewhere where you want to be, but they don't care one way or the other. Belongingis being accepted for you. Fitting in is being accepted for being like everyone else.

• Yes I love doing mytake requests!!! I never know what to cover. What would you like to see?๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒธ

• Topic: fitting in vs belonging

Belonging is being somewhere where you want to be, and they want you. Fitting in is being somewhere where you want to be, but they don't care one way or the other. Belongingis being accepted for you.

Fitting in is being accepted for being like everyone else.

• SSam23

This was great, I loved it thank you so much for taking the time to do this and to include the beautiful pictures too ! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

1 likes
    • SSam23

It was very interesting

• Thank you for the idea. I love to write. Especially on cognitive skills and Psychology. Thanks for reading and reviewing. ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’—

• SSam23

Ohh thatโ€™s cool, youโ€™re welcome. Anytime๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–and I like reading about those topics as it is interesting. Iโ€™m glad you went ahead and did it still ๐Ÿ™‚

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

315
  • coolbreeze

Very interesting and it was very informative.

1 likes
    • YAY!!! Thank you ๐ŸŒธ

• coolbreeze

Your very welcome โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

• Wolframium

You know what's the best? And it's also short.
    Nog giving a fuck, ignoring drama, not talking about people but about ideas. Being above it all. That triangle will not show your category, you're outsider. And that is a good thing.

2 likes
    • Those can help but it's not possible without good cognitive skills and self awareness. Thanks for stopping by. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

• Thank you! This actually helps with my suicidal dad, oddly enough
    Thank you for posting this!!! This will help a great many people

1 likes
    • OMFG this made me cry a little. I am so sorry and I really do appreciate your feedback and taking the time to read. It really helped me in a dark time too๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

• Naxwi

Need to work the survivor out a little more. Still a bit of my own victim. The rest of the good ones were pretty much there naturally.

All in all a pretty good take!

1 likes
    • YAY!!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving some feedback. Please let me know if you have any mytake requests. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

• JayParris

Lol. One of my favorite tactics:

*someone whining about how bad they have it*
    Me: so what are you gonna do about it?
    Them: I don't know
    Me: then that's your real problem.

Putting the responsibility back on them instead of letting them play the victim will shut them up every time.

Victims are victims all the time. Give them advice, they screw it up, and now you're the bad guy because your advice didn't work and they're the victim again.

Rescuers are just as easy

Me: how is that YOUR problem?
    Them: because she came to me for help
    Me: here, I can't finish this *hands him a warm beer with two swigs left in it*
    Them: what do you want ME to do with it?
    Me: take care of it for me
    Them:...
    Me: What? I have a problem, and now I'm giving it to you. You have to take it. It's your problem now. See how that works?

2 likes
    • Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ Thanks for leaving feedback. It's very much appreciated ๐ŸŒธ

• @JayParris great solution๐Ÿ‘Œ I've realised I've tried the first one n no. of times๐Ÿ˜‚

• Dargil

I call it Psychodrama.
    1. You really have an ax to grind. You are/were obviously really tired of the bullshit.
    2. This Take is too thick to read all at once because I have lived the victim-hood and The Cure and I don't want to relive it. It's like traversing a meat grinder and somehow making it out.
    3. Best Take I've read.
    A gift for you which can explain some of this. Human nature.
    The Cure For Drama

2 likes
    • Thanks so much for the feedback. It's gladly appreciated ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

• es20490446e

My formula for curing drama:

If you don't want drama, why do you create drama?

1 likes
    • Kind of the point of the article lol ๐Ÿ˜‚. Thanks for the feedback.

• Have a nice day ;)

• lernulo

I like a lot your transformation with just a move of words.
    Very good, you have my like.

1 likes
    • Amazing. Thank you๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

• derek2017

awesome myTake as always! <3

2 likes
  • naijagurl

Phenomenal๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 likes
    • Yay!!! That's literally THE best feedback ๐Ÿ’‹โ™ฅ๏ธ

• gothgirl997

Great MyTake
    Thanks for the advice

1 likes
    • YAYYYY โ™ฅ๏ธ Thanks for the feedback ๐Ÿ’‹

• Jager66

I came for the pictures.. was not disappointed.

1 likes
    • Yay!!! Thanks for at least looking at the pics ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

• Lightning8

Great Take

1 likes
    • Yayyyy!!! Thanks for reading and leaving feedback โ™ฅ๏ธ

• Liam_Hayden

Great advice!

1 likes
  • Kayla45

Interesting take

1 likes
  • Kewlio... Will have a read ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

1 likes
  • bulletbob555

So if they push your buttons-clip the wires

1 likes
  • A vullet. Just shoot them. No more drama

1 likes