How can I become more attractive and have people like me? I feel like no one wants to be my friend. Where can I meet some people that could potentially be my friend?
Most Helpful Opinions
Step 1: stop worrying about what anyone actually thinks of you.
Easier said than done, I know, but it really is a liberating feeling.
Step 2: NEVER pretend to like something. Indulge in what you love to do, and do so unashamedly.
Step 3: Just be polite, friendly, and nice. People do respond well to it.
Step 4: Be a little mysterious. You don't have to let everyone know what you're thinking or doing all of the time.
These are guidelines, not rules. So just have at it. Life won't stop and wait. So just do what you were gonna do anyway.10
1) co-workers. If you're young and all your coworkers are 5 years from retirement, stick around long enough to find another young soul wasting away. Grab coffee with them, send each other slacks and complain enough until you become friends. I did this twice.
2) attend parties or host your own: seriously, maybe the first time you meet, you have an interesting conversation and nothing comes of it. But keep seeing their face after 3 parties, you're basically friends and can hang out solo. I did this once, with three potential friends candidates.
3) bumble bff. I have a good friend who met her bestie on it. She swears by it.
4) social sports for young adults: its basically option #2 but you have to pay a fee. There may or may not be a lot of drinking involved.0
Reading your message makes me sad and I just want to give you a big hug.
I'm also naturally shy, but very lucky I met my boyfriend and we just click, but I have trouble being confident to meet people and I don't have many female friends.
Happy to share thoughts if you would like5
What Girls & Guys Said
2. Try being more adventurous
3. Help out people
4. Stay in touch
5. Show attention
I have 4-5 quality friends and I am hella lucky to have them. I can easily make good friends, because I put my heart in my friendships and even if we don’t meet everyday, they know I’ll always stand by their side, in happiness and in sadness.10
I don’t befriend people with their looks alone. I have to have a vibe with them, how we get along, something like that. They don’t have to pretend to be someone else they’re not to be my friend. Go to places that have similar interests as you. Be it online or Irl. Just don’t fake it. Fakeness kills any relationship fast.10
Just be yourself and stay confident. This book may help, it helped me a lot to become ambivert from introvert!
'How to win friends and influence people'2
I doubt nobody wants to be your friend. There are millions of people in the country. Try getting new clothes, eat healthy and exercise which may improve your self esteem and confidence.
I’m going on a holiday to Europe at the end of this year. Maybe I will meet somebody then.0
- Avoid social flatulence, halitosis, and dandruff.
- Watch a few videos on emotional intelligence
- put yourself out there. A lot of girls will stick to the mantra "if they want to talk, they can come to me." Don't do that instead be the one to go up to people and strike up a conversation. If you can't come up with anything, bring some gum with you and offer that as a way of opening a conversation.10
Be yourself, but also be willing to occasionally step out of your comfort zone to meet new people. Got to be open minded and friendly enough to get to know other people. Any kind of relationship that works is based on communication. Both involved have to put in equal amounts of effort. Not hard to make friends, harder to meet real authentic people that turn into homies.0
Yes just be yourself always ,, no point in trying to be something your not it will come out in the end.. just be you and you need to get out and do things to meet people, play sports play games , help out in the community etc look online or talk to people in your area school etc..0
Use the FORD method
O - occupation
R - recreation
D - dreams
You can talk about family, job, hobbies, and dreams those are a great way to create conversations. Usually you do it jn order, but I like to do it as occupation or hobbies to talk first because some people may not want to talk about family or dreams first.1
Stop trying or opening yourself to people who are most likely losers cause if they can't see you as a friend just the way you are then they arenr worth being friends with. True friendship happens naturally you dont have to TRY0
No, I don't have any tips. Given that I am not at all good at making friends. I wish you best of luck.0
i don't befriend people just because they're attractive... i befriend them because we have common interests/hobbies/they're fun to be around. looks are the last thing that i ever even think about. you'll want a good personality.10
Through new hobbies I guess. Join a sports community or a team. Maybe activity clubs like chess club? Or you could go study or have a new job in a very social work enviroment, like big factories.0
Maybe at school? Or at work if you’re not in college.0
Well you can stop being anonymous, and then you might meet a friend in GAG, good luck.0
Yeahh just be nice and say what they wanna hear and you'll have a lot of friends in no time but if you want friends for life kindda thing then you have to wait to let that happen. You can't make friends they just happen alright.0
You don't have to be attractive for people to like you. Just be a friendly and interesting person.
One of my best friends (bros) is a 5.0
Come online, we're friendly :)
Avoid websites like Reddit, but play some online games and start talking to people ! You can evem go directly go on VRChat ! (No VR set needed)0
You would want to start with your social hobbies and try to meet people through them.0
Read things on social media. You can have brief idea about the person who posted them. If you can be related with things, you can give it a try by initiating a conversation with them0
Be honest... Kind and open for all...0
Here are some tips on making friends:
1. Be yourself: Authenticity is the key to making genuine connections. Don't try to be someone you're not in order to fit in.
2. Join a club or group: This can be a great way to meet people with similar interests. Look for groups in your community or on social media that align with your hobbies or passions.
3. Volunteer: Volunteering can not only help you make new friends, but it also allows you to give back to your community.
4. Attend social events: Check out local events, such as festivals or concerts, and strike up conversations with people you meet.
5. Be open and approachable: Smile, make eye contact, and be willing to initiate conversations with people.
As for becoming more attractive and having people like you, remember that attractiveness is subjective and goes beyond physical appearance. It's important to focus on being a kind and compassionate person, and treating others with respect and empathy. Being a good listener, showing interest in others, and offering support are all qualities that can make you more likable.