Reasons Moisturizing Is Important

Moisturizing your skin might be a bit of a pain sometimes...especially your whole body every day, but you have to know why it's important to do so!

Reasons Moisturizing Is Important

Reasons moisturizing is important for your skin's health:

1. Protects your skin

i.e., it protects your skin from the outside elements, fills in your pores with hydrating goodness instead of filling them with dust and other unwanted elements

2. Reduces skin problems

i.e., it keeps excessive oiliness and redness at bay, but it also helps soothe dry skin

3. Moisturizes your skin

i.e., it's literally water for your skin - it helps prevent water loss in really hot or windy weather, but don't forget to drink water as well - it helps immensely too

4. Helps your skin stay young

i.e., with time your skin looses elasticity, but using a moisturizer regularly will help keep it in check and will not be as susceptible to lines

So be healthy, moisturized and happy!

915
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 15

• I can definitely be metrosexual with my skincare, I use products that are mainly marketed towards women, but they work the best! :-P

Personally I feel that skin care is a healthy obsession. I have it down to a science what products to use for my oily, sensitive skin. :)

• 6d

Do you really think female products are better :O

I forgot to buy some once so I used my dad's and it was so much better! He even uses a relatively cheap one and I use an expensive one so it shouldn't be because of that

• 5d

@Emmdk mens' products for skin care is a relatively new market, I just stick to my Garnier face wash and Garnier moisturizer cauz they work for me! :-P

• Moisturizing does have some benefits to the skin, but some people may not need it. People with extremely oily skin may not benefit from a moisturizer all that much or at all actually. Topical creams like retin-a will be helpful to most people and even a moisturizer with SPF for sun exposure. But, moisturizing itself, is not a requirement or needed by some people. You just have to determine your skin's needs.

• I get what you're saying... but you'll feel diferently once you're a little older.
      Oily skin still does need moisturizer. Moisturizer prevents the production of excess oil through time. It's very useful.
      Natural oils are produced from within and sit on the skin... The skin below can still be dry.

• 5d

@Emmdk I dont trust commercial products lol. The most im doing is using baking soda as an exfoliate then letting my body produce oils again

• 5d

@FreedomByChoice fair enough haha

• Hell yeah. This is why I always rub myself down with lotion.

• Thank you

• I have neglected this off late, I gotten back to it recently

• Proper skin maintenance is important, people

• i want to try, what should i buy?

• I suggest the regular Nivea - it's the best...
      But if you want to go really natural you can just use coconut oil.

• thank you very much

• 6d

The thing is, pat a little and let your skin soak it in. Should take about 5-15 minutes in my opinion.

• 3d

Good take! I will start moisturizing now...

• 5d

I wish I had enough money for skin care. Those are quite expensive :/

• 5d

All you need is either a big tub of coconut oil, or fractionated coconut oil. Very simple and better than any of those other touted and advertised products. Refined coconut oil is cheaper and still fine for the skin. A big tub will last you for ages.

• 5d

@Truthatanycost Interesting. I'd need to look for some recipes to make homemade body lotion using Fractionated coconut oil.

• 4d

Any Good moisturizer is good as long as you do it on a daily basis. If One, hun, cannot afford the Best from the Rest, get one that is just as Good, such as Vitamin "E" even or Aloha Vera, things of this nature. xx

• Thanks for sharing!

• 3d

But is it gay for a man to moisturize?

• 4d

Thank you

• 6d

This is pretty basic common sense...

• 6d

Even better building block for starters are fish oils, particularly Omega 3.

• 6d

That will destroy any "moisturizer". Facts.

• 6d

Oh and by the way, please don't talk about things you don't understand.
      You say it looses elasticity... do you know why? Collagen... this can be controlled to a degree. I could explain how this works but... your head would probably spin. :)

• 4d

Nice tips

What Girls Said 9

• 3d

i love moisturizing my skin
    good take

• 4d

Beautifully Done, hun.
    My grandma and my mom turned me on to Moisturizers when I was just 8, so I got a head Start from the Start.
    Staying smack out of the Sun, hun, such as laying right in it, along with Moisturizing, Can Slow down the Aging process.
    Good Luck. xx

• I'm going to go moisturize my skin now.

• I will, as soon as I buy that jar of coconut oil. ( ;

• 3d

I find that even when I moisturize, it doesn't help me. It breaks me out more. I feel like when I use products to dry my face out, that works better.

• 4d

Agreed, nice take :)

• 4d

Agreed! I use different types as the weather changes but always use it everyday. So important

• thanks

• I love moisturizing :) great post