Why Looks Shouldn't Concern You

Why Looks Shouldn't Concern You

So lets be honest, we all stress ourselves an awful lot with how we look. Here's why i think we should stop that.

See, when looks are something you stress about, you allow yourself to be controlled by the opinions of others. You don't allow yourself the freedom of being yourself. Sure, if you enjoy to make yourself look nice, whether that come from pride or a boost in your self-esteem, then continue, do what you enjoy,. But the minute it become unhealthy then its most likely better to stop.

This is more so a personal opinion, and i don't want to tell others to do it, more so my reasoning behind it.

So, i purposely make myself look unattractive, in public at least. I personally believe that by portraying yourself as uglier you open yourself up to less relationships that are purely focused on looks over personality. Rather, people are attracted to your looks less and your personality. granted that can cause issues but i prefer it.

56

Most Helpful Guy

• I disagree with you heavily. Looks, believe it or not, is like a preface to what a person is, even if it is a facade. There is usually something on their person that they won't often disconnect from and reading that can give you a glimpse of who they are.

Sure it is shallow, but it's enough to give a preliminary judgment on the person.

• No, i can definently understand where you're coming from there. this is really just personal opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. However i can definently agree with your statement.

Most Helpful Girl

• 7d

Interesting take. Though I personally disagree on the idea making oneself look ugly or less attractive in order to get in the right relationship.
    I believe It's best to be yourself and look yourself

• 7d

No, i can most certainly agree with that aswell.

Join the discussion

45
  • Personality matters the most, but I feel more confident when I dress up. I feel more feminine and confident. I was depressed before and I dressed how I felt. Sadly, people treat you how you see yourself. I love fashion and God made me, so I want to love myself and look the best that I can. I'm learning to care less what people think... it's hard tho. But overall you are right, society should care less about looks and focus on people's character qualities :-)

• since you purposely make yourself look ugly on purpose, if i saw you i'd judge you and assume your a crazy person and i'd stay far away from you.

You only got at least 10 seconds to make a good impression. Coming in and looking like shit I'd judge you and say you are shit.

• Good to know, people such are yourself are ones i tend to stay away from with friendships.

• Why looks matter: because we all want to have sex with attractive people and if you're unattractive your chances are oscillating near 0.

Here. That's the whole answer to why looks matter and why we should be concerned about them as long as we're not asexuals.

• So would you say love is based around looks and sex then?

• @curiousnorway Crazy how our brains work man

• @Chthou95 not only looks and sex if we are talking about love. But when we are talking about attraction and sex, looks>everything else

• I would have a casual relationship with a less attractive person. I can enjoy myself in the company of less attractive people, but I'd know it is just for the moment. If things'd get super serious, family kids etc. I wouldn't pick the most attractive partner. I wouldn't like my kids facing bullying and shit because I picked someone with unattractive DNA.

• So love to you will only bring you to go so far with someone? and then looks take is place?

• Could you possibly link those studies? because I more than disagree considering most of today's celebrities and what others would deem appealing.

• Those celebrities are smart af. They see what pop culture wants and they give it to them making millions. We don't see who they are it's just a character they play.

• Personality can be the real deal-breaker for me. I can overlook average looks for a great personality but a bad personality is a instant killer.

• It's totally true, tell me of one lasting relationship that went well because they looked good? It's all in the commitment

• Maybe but I love power

• Good take

• Looks shouldn't concerned much