Why be insecure?

The fashion industry demands for underweight women to model their clothes because that would mean they can use one size of clothing for their models and they would need less fabric and they can edit the pictures more easily, AKA less cost overall. The internet is full of confessions from models who shared how they were very underweight on the BMI scale and they were still called 'fat' by modelling agencies.

What are fashion brands trying to promote with this??

They Photoshop these bony, veiny, extremely unhealthy skinny models in a way that they look softer and less 'bony' in fashion magazines. This is for the skinny girls who wonder why despite being thin they don't look like models and are being skinny-shamed instead. No amount of starving can get you to look like them.

The fashion industry does shadier stuff. They demand UNDERAGE models. Girls as young as 14, 15 year olds walking on runways and appearing on fashion magazines (or at least parts of them, I am coming to it later). They are made up with layers of makeup, each adding a decade of age to their faces, and then their underage bodies are displayed to grown-ass adult women. This may just be a thing pedophiles do to get to photograph topless pubescent girls without getting in trouble or maybe it is just because it is easier to exploit young naive girls, financially and more.

And quick disclaimer, I think many people shit on the models the wrong way... don't. It is NOT their fault they are just doing what their agencies are telling them to do for the sake of a living. Many of these women come from poor backgrounds with little to no choice.

Why be insecure?

I mean, even the most beautiful women on earth aren't beautiful enough for fashion magazines! Anyone remembers how they edited the heck out of Priyanka Chopra, who has the title of MISS WORLD, and they especially made her armpits look like some freaking Snapchat filter? And not to mention that they made her skin and eyes look significantly lighter.

Even the hottest woman in the world is not hot enough to be a cover-girl in her raw self.

Now that there is a lot of craze about body positivity, diversity and plus-size fashion, you would think things are getting better. Nope. Fashion industry demands plus-size models to put on more weight to be the proper plus-size woman. Which is as pathetic as telling regular models to starve and lose weight. If the industry is only portraying either side of the extreme, where do the majority of women go, who are literally just everything in-between?

If it's only underweight or overweight women modelling, where do the women of healthy weight belong?

I mean, most of us have 'moderate' or 'average' bodies. My BMI is in the normal range being a little on heavier side possibly. I am neither skinny nor fat. I am neither flat nor very voluptuous. I am too big for regular modelling, too small for plus size modelling. And that's just every other girl out there.

I was once listening to a TED talk on YouTube, of a prominent woman in the fashion industry. She shared a very sneaky way of editing their model's photos, called 'body double' or 'Frankenstein Photoshop'. Basically if they thought their model didn't have nice enough legs, for example, they would find a model with better legs, take her picture and place her legs on the original photo. They replace a woman's certain body parts with those of another woman, who is possibly much younger. Imagine this being done to older, mature women's pictures. Our mothers and maybe even grandmothers would be seeing women of their age in magazines, but she got so much better-looking legs! And they are gonna be insecure about not having the legs of a 20-year-old at age 65.

And again, editing the heck out of older women like wrinkles aren't natural.

Don't we all know that Madonna is old?? What's the point in trying to hide her age and making her look like an alien??

And the new source of ugliness in the beauty industry, the Instagram models.

You know where I am getting here. As much as it's nice that things are changing and now curves are 'in', blah blah blah, but are we really? I feel like most of the craze is only around surgical perfection and no more realistic bodies. People put fake boobs and fake ass on the pedestal while women with actual curves are probably feeling insecure about their natural breasts and butts, and the 'rolls' that just come with such bodies normally. Perfectly healthy women feeling like they need to lose weight or get a reduction or liposuction or something because they don't have that perfect silhouette.

Thanks to the Kardashians and co. promoting surgical perfection, and show that a woman's worth and power and influence comes with showing their fake boobs and ass on Instagram, with each of the Kardashians having millions of followers and Kim and Kylie being millionaire and billionaire, and you wonder why many young girls do not want to look like themselves anymore and think they need to show off their bodies that way to gain attention, fame, admiration, influence and wealth. These are natural desires that we all have, and these young girls just got the easiest way to achieve all of those at once! And rates of plastic surgery is increasing rapidly.

Do you realize how much money they are making out of OUR insecurity?

Some people might say "What's wrong with a woman displaying her body? She can do whatever she wants." I doubt that.

Some of you people say it yourselves that people can do whatever they want as long as they aren't HARMING others. Let's look into what these unrealistic images are causing to women.

Depression

Anxiety

Eating disorders

Sexual dysfunction

Body shame

Objectification

And what not

Now let's get to an interesting 'fact':

Women who are born blind have the healthiest eating habits and are the least likely to have an eating disorder.

That fact alone shows how much us women get exposed to unrealistic images of 'perfect' women and no matter how much we are comfortable with our own bodies, these images are bound to affect us even subconsciously.

Why be insecure?

We want to look like images of women who don't even look like themselves! Many of these Instagram models are just incredibly young girls from wealthy backgrounds dating sugar daddies getting plastic surgery and flaunting all of their sex appeal and luxury to the public, because that's all they have!

I talked about this issue on G@G before and some men stated that 'no no no you're wrong we only follow the fitness ones and the ladies who actually have good bodies from working out because we respect them'.

First of all, any 'respect' that is as conditional as being sexually appealing is NOT respect in the first place, but that's not my main point here. My question is, are you really sure of what you say? You are aware that social media is one big lie and all they do is deceive, right?

I love her advises they are so helpful, but I don't think it's a good idea to expect to look like her.

I have been into fitness for a long time, and started gym when I was 16. Last year I have been a lot into building muscle, lifting weights and increasing my physical strength. Since then I have come across a good number of fitness models and fitness coaches online, and especially bodybuilding muscular women. Hence I can say it confidently that many of these women indeed go under the knife to some extent. Some are transparent about it, others are not. And this is even keeping steroids aside.

So just when you thought maybe fitness ladies could be the ones you can look up to, you know now they also have surgery. They can have surgery of course, but they aren't always transparent and truthful about it. I see these muscular ladies who share how 'skinny' they were when they started, I was like ok you gained muscles but where do the curves come from, how do you grow boobs from bodyduilding? Turns out many of them get breast or even butt implants. The reason why this is concerning is because many guys are convinced that women can look like these fitness ladies if they just put a little more effort into doing their squats.

These men don't realize that these media or social media women they see don't wake up looking like this. They take weeks of preparation, hours of getting camera-ready before the final shoot, and it's so pathetic to expect your woman to look like that when that's not how she makes a living!

And it is not just as easy as 'putting as much effort as you can' for everyone. Some women have pains and health complications resulting from one or more c-sections. Or other health problems because I have a friend like that. While I strongly believe that people should put effort into being healthier and fitter as much as they are capable of doing so, we need to stop shaming others and being harsh to them because we will never understand what they are going through.

And I am going to end this myTake saying that this isn't for women only, this applies to men as well.

Why be insecure?

The pressure of losing weight exists among male models too. I found an online comment somewhere, a woman shared about twin brothers who wanted to apply for modelling. They were both very underweight, but only one of them was selected for modelling while the other was called 'fat', but in reality no one would actually be able to tell any difference in how their bodies look.

Did you know that they put makeup on men's bodies to make their muscles look more defined, so they actually look more muscular in actual pictures than what they are in real life? They use a darker powder or cream on the contours of the muscles on their model's abs, chest and arms, and use a lighter shimmery 'highlight' color on top of the muscles to bring them more forward and look like they are bulging out. And then, Photoshop, again. And what you get to see as an audience is a perfectly sculpted, thin-yet-borad-and-muscular V-shape six-pack sexy beast... Like being buff or thin neither way can you be the man on the cover, ugh.

Here is an amazig myTake shared by a man, about his body insecurity. My Struggles With Body Insecurity

There are a lot shadier stuff in the industry that I am just not aware of, but I hope you learned something from this post and have especially learned to be kind to your own bodies and to that of others. Thanks for reading! :)

2051
CubsterShura is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• 5d

As a photographer myself, I have to deal with a lot of people who have major insecurities because they are literally trying to compete with what they see on Instagram or in magazines. I've never had a single female client who felt any level of confidence after I pull my camera out. Even the ones whom I felt could have had a legit chance to model if they wanted to, would tell me about all sorts of imagined imperfections they didn't want photographed. Even worse are the endless asks for photoshop to make them thinner, fuller, erase this or that thing---and I just won't do photographic plastic surgery anymore because their images should not confuse their family, friends, and loved ones as to who they are. It's a lot of psychology on top of the photography that goes on to convince them that they are all just human beings that don't need changing.

The saddest part of this all is you have broken this down in such detail, but despite seeing the before and after type pictures and knowing that girl on the runway IS barely a teenager, still you have people who don't believe it and continue to do dangerous things to themselves to try to obtain this ideal beauty that does not in fact exist in actual reality. I remember my own mind being blown about under eyes as a teen because all the magazines showed these women with perfectly smooth undereyes and I just didn't have that, and then it was pointed out to me that its all just make-up and/or photoshop. Seems so stupid, but I was like boom, I've wasted money and time trying to be something that doesn't exist. It really, no pun intended, opened my eyes to how many lies we as women in particular, are being fed about beauty and what is beautiful and acceptable.

• 7d

Yup, even the fitness industry is unhealthy. So many people use steroids nowadays. Also, the advertising of supplements almost made us believe that you indeed have to buy them constantly to see results. While supplements aren't as bad as steroids they are expensive and people may depends on the instead of trying to change their diet and using them now and then.

Why can't they just promote normal looking people? Or people who got their results the natural way.

• 7d

Exactly! I never took protein building supplements or whatever. I just try to eat more protein in meals, it happens by itself when I start craving a lot of meat and dairy stuff when I am working out hard anyway! And I did have good progress.

• 7d

Yeah they are recently becoming a thing and Israel has banned models who are below the healthy range of BMI, but all that I mentioned above is still happening majorly and as long as they are still happening, it will remain an issue.

• 6d

They're selling glamour, fantasy, sex appeal. Sex sells. Ignoring the anorexic models in fashion industry. They are trying to portray sexiness which requires showcasing people who wouldn't generally be considered "normal". VS models are by no means normal. Nonetheless we can all strive to be our best. Its up to us not to be influenced by anything negative, no one is forcing us to buy any supplements either.

Models tend to be top 5-10% of people in terms of attractiveness we can't all compare ourselves to them. Same as not everyone is a millionaire. Most people don't look like Gigi Hadid, I don't look like Chris Hemsworth Lol

Most Helpful Guys

• 7d

That's very true - well done. Laws should require every edited modelling photograph to include a detailed list of all edits and modifications that were done to that photograph. Although even that might not help and might instead encourage even more people to opt for unnatural bodies by undergoing surgery. So educating people about this is necessary - too many people are hurting themselves. I see so many men that are obsessed with steroids, diets and bodybuilding because the male ideal presented by the industry and expected by many females is a very muscular man. Of course, women are also heavily affected due to unnatural female body standards, as you wrote. Even children's toys like Barbies have unnatural body proportions so girls are affected from young age.

• 7d

I didn't include the Barbie thing simply because they're just dolls and they never really affected how I wanna look like and it is true for many women. I can look past dolls and cartoon character unless they are overly underaged and still sexualized. I loved watching Winx Club as a kid, and yeah the characters were all beautiful but they never stemmed insecurity in me but exposure to women on the media did.

• 7d

Yes, many sports or dance can be far more fun and rewarding.

• 7d

Yes I agree, you don't have to reach the "model" status and be obsessed. Working out to be healthy is fine. But there are people like me that find going to the gym an obsession and not because I want to impress others but to see what limits my body has. I could just have obsession problem on my own

• 7d

Very good my take, I can only speak for the male side of things, the fitness industry is built on lies, giving men false accusations on what they can achieve naturally, selling products with no scientific basis behind them, while they got their bodies from a needle, it can leave natural gym goers feeling very low about themselves believing these people are natural also

• 7d

The male side doesn't get enough exposure! People need to talk about it more.

• 6d

Yeah what people need is to be educated and not deceived.

• 6d

I concur

Join the discussion

1849
  • 7d

"The reason why this is concerning is because many guys are convinced that woman can look like these fitness ladies if they just put a little more effort into doing their squats"

Actually they can look like those fitness ladies to a certain extent. I go to the gym all the time and I seen girls improve very dramatically. No the gym can't change your boob size but you can make your ass bigger, thicker calfs, legs and nice abs.

It is also possible for guys to look very fit like the models and be healthy about it as well. I started out like a freaking stick. My dream was and still is to be ripped as hell like those body builders. I so far am reaching my goal without the use of steroids.

It is possible to look sexy with a V-line or a big ass for women. You just need to work VERY HARD, and eat very healthy. Not many people can be motivated to workout almost everyday and research about nutrition and excercises.

I do agree that every thing you see on magazines, model posters, and advertisements, are all fake. But if a person wants to look sexy, it is very possible to look sexy. Only through hard ass work and having a nutritious life style.

I think we need to educate the young how to look sexy through healthy means. Without starvation, steroids, or plastic surgery. My dad was a body builder and he did not use steroids, and hell he looked like what you see in ads. He is one of the reasons why I myself want to bodybuild.

• 7d

Yeah you are right it is possible to an extent but even then one has to be aware of their limitations and the level of time and commitment that they will really need to get to that level, which is why I said it is unrealistic to expect to women to work on their fitness like they make a living out of it. Even I love gyming and bodybuilding but I have to give it up when I have exams coming.

• 6d

I completely agree with this here more positive note. People absolutely can look sexy. Not to mention they don't have to be *fit* have V-line or toned abs. They can be healthy at minimum. Not to nitpick but I would disagree with 'VERY HARD' bit, it may be off putting to many people who would think its akin to climbing a mountain. You just needed to be dedicated and be persistence. I wouldn't say its too hard.

@CubsterShura
      I completely disagree about fitness being unrealistic, or about time and commitment. People maintain such commitment during Uni and exams, their jobs and any other life commitments. Mostly its healthy diet and lifestyle so there should be no excuse on that. In regards to physical activity you can still achieve that with 40 min.

People say who don't have time cut down on watching TV, playing video games, and any other screen time like being on social media. Abundance of time, I do it majority of people do it. I completely disagree with it being unrealistic, or having any other limitations. Not sure you remember that fit mother who along with looking after her kids was fit. That was her message its not hard.

• 6d

I am not saying that it is hard to be fit. I said it is unrealistic to expect someone to be committed to fitness like they are making a living out of it.

By that I mean to the level of a professional. Because I often come across people saying 'you could look like that fitness model if you worked out like her' like ok I can certainly be fit, make healthier eating choices and workout from 40 minutes to 90 minutes depending on how much time I have, but the fact is, I can't look like women who workout for several more hours than that and I can't afford a gym with celebrity trainers that will give me the exact desired results in five weeks. I can't dedicate 8 hours of my day into looking good when I don't get paid for it.

I spend like 90 minutes to 120 minutes at the gym just because I freaking love weightlifting and I really can't tell how much time has passed when I'm pumping my muscles lol. I am a lot fitter now than I used to be and I often come across people asking me if I play sports or anything. But I am nowhere near a hot fitness model. And that was my point.

• 7d

Why be insecure? Well... if I was asexual, I would n't care at all. Seriously.
    But since I am not, then I have a problem - I want an attractive partner, and men also want attractive partners.
    And whether we like it or not - instagram models are what men want in terms of looks. Hourglass shape and all, you can't get that without plastic surgery

• 7d

We love a streak of comments that clearly didn't get the point of this post

• 7d

Pathetic. Pathetic opinion. You make incredibly serious allegations and don't cite a single source. The only reason it's not slander is because you don't mention names.

Face it. If men didn't like those features, they wouldn't be buying their stuff.
    Argue with the audience, not the performance.

I find the vast majority of girls attractive, so I don't have a particular bias toward the fashion industry here, but your nonchalant accusations are super irresponsible.

I know that you girls have insecurity that stems mostly from the fact that guys don't ask you out, so you play victim before finding the answer and blame the beauty industry.
    The guys are to blame. Most guys do not have the balls to ask you out, so you could be better off judging your beauty based off if a full moon is shining because it is infrequent and is independent of your actions. Your family and closest friends are likely to be the most accurate and telling you how beautiful you are. Never form your opinion of yourself based off the opinion of someone who you haven't met.

• 7d

I'm taken and very happy in my relationship so what's your point?

• 6d

And what on Earth do those questions have to do with this? Or did you just get triggered when you realized that not everyone is hungry to be impressing you and you just got the reality slapped in your face that the world certainly does not revolve around you?

• 4d

You continue to hurl baseless insults. You'd have better off using evidence. The majority of girls (at least on G@G posts) have different concerns than you.
      You're portraying an innocent business as some sort of nefarious mission to victimize girls to beauty standards. I take the same issue with my aunt spreading conspiracies about "big pharma" doing immoral things without evidence. You need to consider that you are accusing real people of real actions.

Yould you accuse a beauty coach/model of this stuff to her face?

Think about that. Because you're just pointing fingers without evidence.

• 7d

Another post from a decent looking person whos in a relationship and would never struggle to not have one telling other people who haven't been spoon fed fucking privellage like she has that they shouldn't be insecure just because she's never had a fucking reason to in her perfect little life.

nexxxttt bullshit takeeeeee

• 7d

JSYK, this post isn't about me 😊 or how I look 😊 or my relationship status 😊 thanks for showing up on today's episode of people who entirely missed the point of this myTake. Thank you, next

• 7d

Insecurity sales products. Humans feel powerless in the grand scheme of things. The last thing we want to feel is powerless over ourselves and own lives.

So we’ll try to fit an imagine to fit in and attract a partner based on beauty standards that we had no say in creating and use products created within the industry to achieve a certain aesthetics.

• 7d

Very well done, and well said! I wish more women would read this and understand the source of their body and security, the standard that they compare themselves to is a lie

• 7d

Great mytake! Yes the model industry is crazy how they tell people to starve is insane. They should have more healthy people cause everyone should strive to be healthy.

• 7d

I think for regular modelling, models of BMI under or over the healthy range should be banned, and underage models too. And underage models too.

• 7d

Exception being actually modelling teenage and children's clothing lines, and body inclusivity campaigns where you could have underweight or overweight models. But for regular modelling and runways only adults of healthy weight should be allowed.

• 7d

Yeah I agree. Healthy is Always better

• 6d

Fashion models are walking clothes racks, Magazine models are extremely photoshopped. Editors of such magazine photos often exaggerate in such extent that bodies of those people lose normal proportions. ( length of female legs and calves, shoulder mass of males... etc ). A normal person isn't able to reach those "ideals"

• 7d

Anorexia is a horrible thing that doesn't need promoting which is what some of these modeling agencies seem to be doing. The fact that some people prefer anorexia over average or a little overweight is disgraceful.

• 7d

I also find no issue with being a little underweight or overweight, but eating disorders are detrimental.

• 6h

LOL! The fashion industry uses gorgeous thin women to model their clothes to save money on fabric? That's one of the funniest things I ever heard!!!

Let's save $3 on a shirt and lose $3 billion dollars in sales because women don't like the way our models look and don't want to look like that.

RIGGGGGGGGGGHT

They use thin models because this is the look women aspire to have. That's obvious. Weight loss isn't a $70 billion a year industry because women want to look fatter! DUHHHHHH!

The purpose of a "model" is to represent what women aspire to emulate, what they want to look like: to make them picture themselves looking just like her. The more a model represents that, the more demand she is in and the higher her earning power. That's why the thinnest models make the most money... because this is what the industry wants to attract more women to buy their products.

Personally I agree with Howard Stern. All women should weigh 100 pounds regardless of height. Apparently most women agree with this too.

The reason the fasion

• 7d

It doesn't matter how they Photoshop them. I think ladies who think they're significant are straight up bimbos. They're supposed to be dummies for clothes, not your idol. You people are idolizing live dummies

• 7d

Do you realize that these models are more than clothing dummies and they set the trends for future? Do you realize how big their influence is?

• 7d

Stop idolizing bimbos.

• 7d

For the Instagram fitness model frauds, they're just fakes. Those people aren't really fitness models. They're just on steroids or have implants. The ones who try to tell you that you can be them are just fake faggots, I agree.

• 4d

In truth, last year I had a very bad eating disorder. It's true that many modeling agencies tell their models that they can "only drink water for the next 24 hours" and sometimes they pass out backstage. I've heard of many instances where these models are pressured by their agencies- who tell them not to lose pounds, but inches, and if they don't they will be kicked off, etc. It's truly shameful that people would go through such extents to promote their products. On numerous occasions (hence the first few photos) where they send down sickly thin models, and in truth, it only caters to the eating disorder more (oh I have to be skinny, I have to maintain this absurd diet in order to make money, etc.) While curvy models are coming in and gaining popularity, they often feel pressured by other agencies and models, (whom are competitors) to look better, and compete for the jobs. It does sicken me though, where these girls would look much much better if they had more realistic diets- but this doesn't go for just women. I think that the media doesn't put enough focus on the fact that men have these issues too, not being lean/ buff enough, etc, and they too can develop eating disorders.

• 7d

The first thin fashion model in the 1920s/30s was really a dude in drag. His wife was the photographer. He had the body shape of a lean hot dog. People did not find out till years later.

I suspect the gay guys with a lot of pull in the fashion industry like models to have boy/man shapes.

But obviously a lot of women have been brainwashed to think that they should never weigh more than they did at age 10-14. It’s ridiculous

• 7d

Am I the only one creeped out by how thin they are?

• 4d

I don't know I think people should look at models and bodybuilders and aspire to look like them. A healthy individual can look at a model or bodybuilder and not feel insecure about it. I’ll be the first to admit that it can be toxic, but that’s really up to the individual. I was a bodybuilder and dabbled in the fitness modeling world and used steroids. So from first hand experience, I can tell you it can be toxic. Having said that, I don’t blame successful fitness models and bodybuilders for my life decisions. That was me. I don’t support this idea that companies need to hire mediocre looking people or out of shape individuals because insecure individuals can’t handle it.

• 3d

Of course we would love to see healthy in-shape people modelling, but my definitely of that is surely not extremely underweight and starving

• 7d

I've never wanted to change anything about myself. Never wanted to be thin or super fit. I look amazing and I'm healthy, not to mention I have a better body than younger females. I think the people who are weak minded and hate themselves feel more pressured to fit up to ideals they see in the media. I can't relate to the low esteem shit. I actually pity people like that because they live to please others and fit up to what they deem as perfect.

• 7d

It is great that you are confident in your own body, but maybe try understanding other people and not just be heavily critical of them?

• 5d

True. But that is the look. That everyone is supposed to want to be like.
    The girls they use know it's a hard life and have do things to keep that look. I would sooner see models like on the blog. Rather than a girl who is overweight. I'm not on my own with this feeling. but this only feeds the size of the models. It's sad but that's the way it goes...

• 5d

I hate that skinny look, it seems so alien to me, and truth be told, most girls are quite pretty the way they look, there's no need to worry much about it. I can say with certainty I never pressured anyone except for myself to look good. Of course being fat is not healty, but most girls are not fat, and they still think they are.

• 6d

Models have to get there bodies so thin for the designers that there afraid that not going to make it big it’s a rat race to the top and take no prisoners

• 7d

Unless it is specifically marked otherwise, you should assume that EVERY picture you see in any remotely commercial situation - whether it's people or food or cars or anything, has been heavily Photoshopped, and that is after makeup, heavily controlled lighting, lens filters, and more. I have seen models and actresses arrive to shoots in their street clothes and you wouldn't even recognize them without hair and makeup done.

You are NEVER looking at the real thing if it's a professional (or even skilled amateur) production of any kind.

• 7d

Why be insecure? Because i am that thin and to be constantly told my body isn't natural, real men dont look like me that i just need to eat more or lift more. That i must be anorexic or suffer from bulimia. And to top it all off apparently that makes me 'lucky'.

• 7d

I hope this myTake helped you to be not forgiving to yourself. It is not your fault. Plenty of male models are probably at a worse state than yours and these are the same men people are admiring on fashion magazines.

• 7d

Not directly no but that picture you posted when talking about men feeling they need to lose weight is pretty similar in stature to myself.

The one thing you didn't mention is genetics, it plays a big part in size or shape.

I know that it comes from a good place, but the constant thin=bad rhetoric has unintended consequences such as people think that anorexia is being too thin which is false.

• 6d

Neither did I say thin is bad nor am I telling anyone not to be thin, what the hell. Stop twisting my words. I simply pointed out the pressure to lose weight that exists among male models, that is it.

• 7d

Ok. I have read 75% of your article and i got your point.
    But why did you invite me here when i do not follow the fashion industry at all? I also never said women should look like these fake supermodels. I knew quite for some time, that they were photoshopped.
    Or did you remember me posting pictures of Jessica Rabbit in questions like "who's the most beautiful woman?".

My point is that i don't really know what to say or what you expected from me.

If you ask me, i think women in that range between those 2 extremes (extra big size vs dangerously skinny) are just fine the way they are with their bodies. Anything out of that range i am very unlikely to be attracted to.

Then again... I love women...

• 7d

I think everyone should be aware of this even if they aren't superficial. I didn't mean to attack you by inviting lol this is legit 'hey I wore a myTake pls read...' anyway I hope you liked it and found it beneficial.

• 7d

Oh, no, no, no. I have not felt being attacked at all.
      I can see what you mean now but fortunately I am already aware of these exploits and all that trickery involved.
      It shall serve me as a reminder :)

The most important thing I remember is that people would do anything to sell anything at any price they can sell it whether people actually need it or if it's tricking them (like that) or scamming them. Money rules it all.

And this is one of the ways how money is made.

Buying ripped clothing is for degenerates.

• 18h

It’s ridiculous. It went as far as a look called “heroin chic” for a while because the models in demand had the hollowed put cheeks and faintness of junkies. I prefer slender women, but not size 0.

• 5d

Nobody should choose to parade themselves publicly like sexual meat.

Nobody should wear make-up. It seems you glorify females for it and condemn males for it but don‘t know why.

It is hard to feel sorry for people duped into fashion display shows because they chose to abide by those unhealthy standards when they could have refused to partake in them.

• 5d

Of normal BMI and stature, height and weight are the parameters of external appearance no doubt , however to envy models is another story.
    We are most fortunate to not be compelled to play dress up, unless we decide to, can indulge in life without being spoken to like a trained zoo animal.

We feel insecure if at all, because as you wrote it’s the way ‘beauty standards’ are projected worldwide.

I have read and Even heard of countries who have pageant boot camps. Not only for fitness, rather for plastic surgical aesthetic procedures.
    Then they were to devote a week or so in personality development.

Shows where they prioritize personality vs these golden proportions of beauty standards.

Thinking of how they photoshop

• 7d

Because we have our own beauty standards in different cultures and stuff. If you don't achieve or come near close to those standards it's easy to feel not beautiful and therefore, insecure.

• 6d

People will always judge you especially during first impressions. Thus, it’s important to look your best.

• 2d

wrong. they dont do it because it "cost effective" there has been many eras with women of different sizes with clothes with different amounts of fabric and material that costs $800 a metre. the reason is to create an ideal and make it unattainable.

• 2d

Because in past this isn't something fashion designer thought of but it's happening since the 1990's.

• 1d

This is such a long post and make no original thinking at all. It's just a dull some up of stuff everyone already knows. What a waste of time for everyone this post is.

• 2d

I really do believe if you are using the fashion industry to judge what is an appealing or healthly body type, you are incrediblely swallow. That would be the "main" problem here.

• 7d

A modern model has the potential to be one of the most high-strung, insecure, narcissistic, and superficial persons on the face of the earth!

• 7d

They kill our confident and create insecurities actually.

• 7d

It's so true. The industry never shows real women and men. They show edited and fake women and men.

• 7d

Ill shit on the models all I want, they could have been something that actually adds value to society

• 7d

I love your take! Very well put and glad you shared.

But unfortunately as someone who is open about her ED and spends a lot of time in the mirror. I don't wear a lot of makeup I don't need it. But my insecurities aren't just formed by the "media" or the interweb.
    Real life is something I can't escape. And humans will always judge and make others feel bad. it just what we do as beings. I always watch what I say to people. And I always try to uplift while staying real etc. But I feel just as fake as those pics most days. I don't even buy 70 percent of what I say sometimes. Especially after a session of pull and picking myself and pointing out every flaw

Over time it gets really hard to find the lines between real and fake.

• 6d

This myTake specifically focuses on the fact that magazine models and media shouldn't be a reason for your insecurity.

• 6d

And I agree but it does trickle down... I just shared my insecurities. you know the aftermath.
      You said to be kind to one another? I'm trying to figure out what did I miss?
      It a bigger picture than just media. We, humans, are really tough on each other too... because our idea comes from the media and the models who show us what is acceptable. Thrust pushing and carrying the word. And If the majority agrees to it going to continue to be.
      All of it is intwine. Sorry, I don't know how to cherry pick. and you can't control how deep some people minds go. That the truth of the matter. Models or not. They are still humans... no matter how airbrush. These insecurities we all have go way deep than ig models.

• 5d

If you're so insecure than start putting more effort into your appearance. Workout, eat well. It's unrealistic to expect to be like them but it is totally realistic to be fit in your own skin. My confidence increased a lot since I started becoming more fit by weight lifting. I fine it so amazing that my body is still my body but it's just... Hotter. 😁

• 7d

Stop consuming this garbage, these multi national globalist corporations are feeding off of you like parasites. They are malevolent and they are your enemies. If you like modeling, fashion etc, actually get involved in it. Start a fashion design club, do your own stuff within your club. Other clubs can form as well. You can compete with each other, collaborate on projects. Sell and triad with each other. In time you , not they will be the legitimate source of all things fashion. They get their power from you, not the other way around. Just never let them in on any level, they are predators out to live off of you.

• 7d

This is the true problem of the modling industry i believe.

• 7d

That's why they get payed so well. There are plenty of dangerous jobs in the world modeling is one of the few majority occupied by women... So what?

• 7d

You missed the entire point of the myTake and it isn't even about how much modeling pays. And I doubt that models are paid a lot unless they are supermodels.

• 7d

You are again missing the point of the myTake. Yeah I am all for models working out and having strict diets and doing a lot of prep work to look good, but what I don't support is fooling the audience, making them feel like something is wrong with their bodies. Putting up false, altered images. Exploiting underage models. I am very concerned that you could not understand that. Are you sure you are not dumb?

• 7d

No. I don't see it. I don't think the modeling agency tells their audience anything about their bodies (they're trying to sell cloths not diet plans). As for false images I don't like that either but I'm pretty sure the first point of call on that boat is banning make-up not extreme diets. You see exploitation, I see compensation. Let's not turn to insults.

• 2d

The fashion industry is full of deception and also sending misleading messages.

• 4d

Models look ugly and sick, because the freaks of New York and Paris tell them to starve themselves. I wish people werent mindless consumers. Maybe then we wouldn't be affected by advertisements. Models get sexually abused, and suffer from addiction and malnutrition. Being a model is not glorious, its disgusting. Exposing yourself for paper squares lol! can't believe some rich people convinced western civilization to whore out their daughters by making them obsessed with material goods and superficiality

• 7d

Can you give some sources for further reading thanks? Nice mytake.

• 7d

I'm so impressed by this my take well done!

• 3d

I don't know but I'm very insecure and I'm skinny as a twig

• 5d

I found all of the girls in the photo for this question offputting.

• 6d

Skinny models are not best but trend is going on. Why don't know?

• 6d

Modelling industry is so much struggling so they need to maintain their bodies fit and slim.

• 7d

Anythings better than fat...

• 7d

Like anorexia?

• 7d

I aren't horrible, the truth is horrible. I suppose I could go around telling all obese females how beautiful they look rather than saying they're close to a heart attack any moment. Anorexia isn't the problem in the modern world... We have an obesity crisis and fat shaming needs to be a priority for them

• 7d

The truth is horrible, you are right. And the truth is that the world doesn't revolve around you and your idea of fat shaming is absolutely stupid. Shaming is never the solution. It never was. But getting rid of you sounds like a better solution instead.

Anorexia is a big deal. It is the mental disorder with the highest rate of mortality. More tha depression, schizophrenia, and other mental diseases. Let that fucking sink in your thick head, I guess?

• 7d

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with 👯😊😘

• 7d

Good take.

Show More
17