My guide to healthy hair

Warmapplecrumble
πŸ™‚
πŸ™‚

Good hair care is very important no matter what the texture of your hair is.

Nutrition is the most important part of good hair care❗Without the right nutrition your hair will fall and lack shine.

Globally, anaemia affects 1.62 billion people with the greatest number of individuals affected is non-pregnant women of 468.4 million.

Women need to take extra care as we loose many minerals and vitamins during menstruation, childbirth, pregnancy and breastfeeding.

"Ferritin levels of 10-15 ng/mL are within the "normal" range. Cotsarelis says a ferritin level of at least 50 ng/mL is needed to help replenish hair. Trost and Bergfeld shoot for 70 ng/mL."

Beef and liver being the highest in iron content to achieve healthy ferritin levels.

For men the secretion of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) will cause male pattern hair loss by preventing nutrients reaching the hair follicles. Therefore, it is advised that men eat nutrient dense foods.

These are the list of other vitamins and minerals that maintain healthy hair for men and women.

Vitamin A, richest source being liver, provides a healthy sebum to the hair. *Too much vitamin a can lead to toxicity and can cause hair loss!*

Vitamin C found in most fruits, helps maintain a healthy hair and skin.

Vitamin E found in nuts, and niacin also known as vitamin B3, found in beef, enhances scalp circulation. Zinc, found in sea food and beef, also provides similar benefits.

Biotin found in eggs, produces keratin maintaining hair fall and colour. Vitamin B5 also known as pantothenic acid, found in chicken liver, and vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine, found in turkey and pork give similar benefits to hair.

Inositol also known as vitamin B8, found in melons, oranges and liver, maintains cellular integrity of the hair.

Vitamin B12, richest source being liver and clams, maintains hair fall.

Omega 3s, found in fish maintain hair hair shine and health.

Vitamin D, found in sun and certain animal products such as dairy and fish, maintains hair fall.

Copper, found in lentils and liver, prevents the hair from greying.

(Disclaimer: please speak to a doctor for advice).

Combing hair correctly is also very important.

Comb hair from bottom to top
Comb hair from bottom to top
Use a wooden wide tooth Comb
Use a wooden wide tooth Comb

10 More Tips...

1. Wash pillow cases regularly.

2. Use cotton or silk pillow cases.

3. Disinfect all combs, hats etc with warm water and a gentle soap.

4. Use mild soaps with no chemicals and perfumes. Try soap nuts, gram flour, yoghurt or pure soap bars, if you want to experiment.

Soak soap nuts overnight then boil and use the water to rinse your hair.

5. Never comb wet hair.

6. Avoiding going outside with wet hair.

7. Avoid rubbing your hair aggressively with the towel.

8. Avoid chemicals such as hair dyes. There are some natural hair dyes such as henna.

9. Avoid excessive heat.

10. Avoid washing hair frequently.

Lastly....

Sleep a lot πŸ’€πŸ˜΄πŸ›Œ
Sleep a lot πŸ’€πŸ˜΄πŸ›Œ
My guide to healthy hair
11
11

Most Helpful Guy

• Maninderdeepsharma
    Thank you so much for sharing this info. I will suggest my mother. She used to apply hair dyes a lot and just becz of its side effect she has lost 20% hairs. And I want her to retain her hairs from loss. Kindly can u recommend me any oil?
    Is this still revelant?
    • I think it's best not to use oils and just build up your oil natural oils from not over washing.
      She should tell her to go doctors for blood test. Usually cause of hair loss is anemia.

If you really insist on oils then coconut oil is probably my favourite just cause it's easily available in shops 😁

• She should go to doctor* sorry for typo

• I think u r right. Thank u so much. I will insist her to visit doctor. 😊

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1110
  • This is good advice!☺

But the only issue I really have is "never comb we hair" because my hair is really thick, too thick, and I get knots and tangles out best.
    • Thanks πŸ™‚ I understand I have curly poofy hair too but it just breaks a lot if I comb it wet. However, I understand if it helps you then don't change it. πŸ’œ

• es20490446e
  • TheUniqueOne96
    Nice take, I think people will benefit from it.

I have long hair that's pretty thin.
  • My hair will continue to stay damaged no matter what I do! My hair has been cursed
  • Jjpayne
    This is really good!! All great advice!! Who knew that vitamins had so much in common with hair! :)
  • Nice post an even gugs get problems with their hair to fuel to harsh chemicals in hair products 👍👍
  • PielDeMiel
    Dam that’s a lot of work. Thank God for my good hair genes.
  • BasicBad
    To get gray hair I invite my guy friends over. They jerk off and cum into my hair. I then let it sit there. My hair gets so smooth. Usually need at least 10 guys to cum on me at once
  • themomo84
    Thanks, but I do comb my wet hair as I have coarse, curly hair. It falls well after and doesn't turn into a crazy curlicane in the morning.
  • Apple1996
    Good my take😊😊
  • Marissa095
    I wash my hair everyday if I go swimming. Other then that once a week.
  • coolhotchacha
    Mix little coffee powder with milk n Heenaΰ₯€Make a paste of that and apply on hairΰ₯€ΰ₯€
  • brittany23
    great guide, thank you!
  • SecretGardenBlood65
    Good take
  • lovasucka
    I bet you have nice hair 💜
  • sonu789
    Thanks it's so useful for so many people ☺️
  • Misterboombastic
    Nice take
  • idastan
    Can I use warm coconut oil
  • I’ll stick with my chemical shampoo.
  • Anonymous
    Can I get a BJ?
  • Anonymous
    You just copied & pasted stuff off of google. So "original". I bet if I asked what can I do to tame the frizz of curly hair you'd be clueless.