What are your thoughts on choker necklaces and why?

My boyfriend was saying that chokers are seen as slutty (I’m rephrasing). He says I could wear what I want but if I wore a choker, it basically meant that I disregarded what he said.

He doesn’t want others to see me in a disrespectful way and that’s why he’s concerned. He says there is a time and place to wear it.

I understand but im also seriously annoyed that I can’t wear something just because it’s looked at as something else. I’d like to wear what I wear without worrying about others but clearly that’s not how the world works

anyone else have any thoughts or relate?

59132

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, it's not how the world works. Kind of like you can't just say whatever you want or do whatever you want or post whatever you want in public without other people having opinions about it.

It's almost like if there are other people around, you can't control their thoughts at all or something and you just have to adapt to that and deal with it or something. Or, you know, get bitter and resentful about it.

• Yeah I agree with that

• Look, I know you know that you can wear whatever you want and your boyfriend has to respect your choices and I understand his point but the most important thing is: people WILL think what they WANT to think. If you're wearing a cute skirt that is in no way slutty, some people might think it is and judge you either way, and this applies to every piece of clothing you wear. So if you like it and your boyfriend respects your decision (which he should), you should wear them without caring what others will think of you.

Most Helpful Girls

• He has no right to tell you what to wear. Your body your choice!

My thoughts on choker necklaces is that it always made me feel like being choked, but looks great. If you like it go ahead! :)

• Well of course. He respects that I can wear what I want. (Hedoesnt like crop tops but I wear them anyways and he respects it). But he was just saying that others don’t look at the necklace in an innocent way. It symbolizes something sexual ya know?

• So if I wear an earing I like to be held by my ears during sex? If I have a nose pierce I like to be held by my nose? :D
      Why even to assume of any women who likes a fashion item that she's a slut? And basically what you're saying is that she's asking for it, whatever you think she asks for...

• Go back to woman's studies im wasting my time. A choker chokes. Choking is a sexual act. Fyi I also think earings are stupid

Have a good day

• Girl when your boyfriend starts being concerned w what you’re wearing that’s the time to stop and think about the relationship. How are a thing you put around your neck slutty? LMAO that boy seems a bit too much tbh.

I don’t really like them but that’s because I never wear jewellery of any kind. I hate the metal feeling of it touching your skin. If I ever see a choker without the metal clap behind it then yeah I’d probably buy it. I think it’s something that fits everyone, never seen anyone wearing it who didn’t fit in it. It looks cool, and I can imagine being attitude to your look which is always a plus

• definitely what boyfriend wants their girlfriends wearing revealing clothing all the time might as well be single

• You’re giving out short dick energy here. It’s clothes. People are not suggesting anything by wearing clothes. It’s not to raise attention. It’s because it’s hot outside, it looks good, and person in question feel good in it.

• yeh I understand where you coming from.