Is wearing a bikini immodest?

79162

Most Helpful Guys

• I was going to say no, but by definition it kind of is. There are a couple definitions but the relevant one is:
    "(of a woman) dressing or behaving so as to avoid impropriety or indecency, especially to avoid attracting sexual attention.

(of clothing) not revealing or emphasizing the figure."
    It is exceptionally revealing so yes it is.

I don't think there is a problem with it though. Modesty is pretty outdated to large extents, I personally don't think it should be immodest to wear a bikini, but if you wear it specifically to be more revealing then yes I would call it immodest. Not much wrong with immodesty though, itself very common today.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • There are modest styles of swimwear. Modern bikinis are the least modest of them all. They show a tremendous amount of skin and girls even wear them when walking around (especially in Florida and California). Just because it's common doesn't mean it's modest.

I find these kinds to be relatively modest in comparison to what a lot of girls wear. Very stylish too!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Funny how girls don't want to be seen in their underwear but don't mind showing all most all on the beach. Most of those bikinis you see are not meant to go into the water. One good wave and they are almost off. Jump off a high board into a pool and they ARE off. :) For the most part they are worn to show off ( even though a lot shouldn't be wearing one if you catch my drift). But they get all offended if guys make cat calls or sexual tones on them. That is ironic.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE