Are there disadvantages to women wearing modest clothes?

Other than "boring" or other insignifcant answers?

3941

Most Helpful Girls

• First of all lemme tell you what are NOT the problems:
    - Heat. Being a girl who covers the whole body and covers the whole legs and wears long sleeves, I don't feel too hot or anything as long as I wear the right kind of fabric for the weather. Plus i get protection from the sun which is great.
    - Cumbersome. Again, as long as I'm wearing comfortable clothes this is no issue.
    - Ugly. I get a lot of compliments on my dresses so yes you can wear beautiful clothes while you still cover.

Now the disadvantages:
    - Shopping. All clothes meant for teenagers are far more revealing than what I wear so I often have to get my clothes tailored, especially adding full sleeves to my clothes.
    - It is hard to dress for certain events. For example, dressing in professional clothes.
    - Influence of other girls. Like when I ask others what should I wear for events they tell me straight in my face to wear a short dress or something cause everyone else does the same.
    - Can't show off my gym progress to the world, but it's ok. ๐Ÿ˜›

I quit. There is literally zero disadvantage of wearing modest clothes but for the sake of an answer I still kept thinking of what I can say. Not anymore that's all.

• Well, I dress modestly and live in a tropical environment.
    My "struggle" and challenge is to look, "fresh" yet modest in a cute way.
    During fall and winter season its way easier.
    Yet summer times and when I'm working out is hard to create a look in which you look put together yet modest.
    I find it a fun challenge. :)

Most Helpful Guys

• Nothing. I don't think clothing has any effect on her perception to whoever is interested in talking to her. Showing skin made make somebody interested faster but that's not always the road to go if it's not your wave

• Right? If she got attention and got approached because she dressed like that then that's just attraction of instinct and it dies quickly :/

• Not really. I find them more attractive, for a different reason. When somebody wears revealing clothing I feel as though their asking for attention, so I avoid them in favour of somebody who shows as if they're modest.

I might be a little biased, but understand I'm not talking about everyday things. More along the lines of a woman who shows a bunch of cleavage on her profile picture. She knows what she's doing and that pushes me away from contact in favor of somebody who's not going to publicize a large portion of their rack with very large v-neck/loose clothing