Can a 36 year old woman dress the same way as a 20 y/o one?

My mother started to wear the same cloths as me! Just yesterday she want us to do shopping together, so that we are buying the same kind of cloths ( like the girl in the picture). I don’t know why, but she started to wear some shorties, crop top, boots! She had me at 16 so she is 36 ans I am 20. But it’s strange for me to see her imitating my style, and she even started to use insta and snap, with my friends. Is it normal? Can a 36 year old woman dress the same way as a 20 y/o one?Can a 36 year old woman dress the same way as a 20 y/o one?
  • Normal
  • Not normal

111186

Most Helpful Guys

• It's rather normal when people get older they want to break out of their comfort zone that have built. They get tired of the same routine they have had for the past several years.
    The only real danger is when they go too far. I have seen people who no longer had a youthful look, nor the body, trying to dress like a teen. Totally ridiculous looking.
    A lot of the time the person will go to one extreme, then tone it back a little and find a happy medium that is something youthful and stylish, but also age appropriate.

• Wait, hold up...

I thought it was MEN who were so judgmental in telling women what they should or shouldn't wear? Why do I see so many women criticizing each other, and criticizing men, too, while the majority of men don't seem to give a rip what people wear?

Most Helpful Girls

• If the body fits the style I say why not? ... but she still must act as your mother rather than just a friend... cause then that is weird to me... and also regardless of age or style, one must dress appropriately for the occasion... for example you wouldn’t wear that stuff to church or family gatherings and such... but to the mall, park or brunch type of thing sure, why not if it looks suitable..

I strongly dislike when people, women in general start cutting their hair off at a certain age making the, selves look even OLDER and dressing like grannies just cause others or themselves say that they can no longer wear this or that cause they are old now lol... I mean If their body got bad and they look old then yeah dress to your body... but if you are older and don’t look older why ruin your image while you can still wear nice stuff? I forbid my mom to look like a grandma lol I said you never never chop of your hair like all my aunts cause they look super old! And she looks drastically younger than them simply for just having her long hair..

It if your mom is acting like teenage drama queen then that’s weird... she should still be a mom... and while she can dress nice and be cool with you, there is a limit in my opinion...

• It depends. If by like a 20 year old you mean skinny jeans, funny colors, haircuts, makeup and stuff like that then I think it's fine. But very short skirts and cropped tops are a bit much, but not in your 30s, but if you're 40+.
    After an age you need to dress a bit more classy than in your youth. That doesn't mean you need to dress like a nun, but you need to show the right amount of skin. Some girls in their 20s wear cropped tops and butt short shorts on the street... I wouldn't want my mom dressed like that...