What do you think about waist training?

3531

Most Helpful Guys

• I’ve seen a video where a woman wears this super tight corset for hours a day to shrink her waist. I don’t think that’s healthy at all. All you can really do is lose body fat in that area, so exercise and eat properly

• I love looking at the results.

But that said, there ARE a number of potential risks inherent with the stresses it places on the body structure. Experts generally agree that there’s no way it can really work on a sustained basis—and it might do bodily harm.

“Medically, it doesn’t make sense that cinching your waist tightly will make it permanently smaller,” says Mary Jane Minkin, M. D., clinical professor of ob-gyn at Yale School of Medicine. "Once you take the garment off, your body will [attempt to] return to its usual shape. It’s also uncomfortable, restricts your movements, and if you wear it really tight, it can even make it difficult to breathe and theoretically could cause rib damage.”

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't understand why they call it 'training', it's literally damaging your body, your ribs, and your organs. Everything inside is pushed bellow leaving someone eventually with health problems. It's fake and damaging.

• I love it. I already have a small waist but I’ve been considering buying an actual corset for a long time.
    It improves your posture and reduces your waist by a few inches. It can be unhealthy IF YOU OVER DO IT.