What do you think about waist training?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I’ve seen a video where a woman wears this super tight corset for hours a day to shrink her waist. I don’t think that’s healthy at all. All you can really do is lose body fat in that area, so exercise and eat properly

0|0
    0|0
  • I love looking at the results.

But that said, there ARE a number of potential risks inherent with the stresses it places on the body structure. Experts generally agree that there’s no way it can really work on a sustained basis—and it might do bodily harm.

“Medically, it doesn’t make sense that cinching your waist tightly will make it permanently smaller,” says Mary Jane Minkin, M. D., clinical professor of ob-gyn at Yale School of Medicine. "Once you take the garment off, your body will [attempt to] return to its usual shape. It’s also uncomfortable, restricts your movements, and if you wear it really tight, it can even make it difficult to breathe and theoretically could cause rib damage.”

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't understand why they call it 'training', it's literally damaging your body, your ribs, and your organs. Everything inside is pushed bellow leaving someone eventually with health problems. It's fake and damaging.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it. I already have a small waist but I’ve been considering buying an actual corset for a long time.
    It improves your posture and reduces your waist by a few inches. It can be unhealthy IF YOU OVER DO IT.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• My philosophy is that I want a physically attractive partner, but I don't give a damn how she became so.

1|0
    2|0
  • If you research it then sure. I fully support people doing absolutely dumb shit so long as they know what they are doing

1|1
    0|0
  • What is that, exactly? What are you training your waist to do? Or is it just a fancy word for sit-ups?

0|1
    0|0
  • I do like the look of a corset on a women (🔥 hot), but that super tight waist training is a bit to much for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • From what I understand it's pretty damaging to the person so I'm not a fan

1|1
    0|0
  • Your waist is doing exactly what it has evolved to do. It doesn't need your bs "training".

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer full body core and ab training. It's better

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a potentially dangerous shortcut to actual core training.

0|0
    0|0
  • I shore a sexy woman like you has a perfect waist. Without having to train it

0|0
    0|0
  • For getting curves
    it is trendy
    to have big boobs and booty with small waist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why go to extreme measures for beauty? Not worth it to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't overdo it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot asf

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a good addition to standard work out🙂💪

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks unnatural. Also a really pointless workout.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never gave it enough thought to have an opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like curvy women... I think it's silly

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds hot. But also unhealthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not training, that's killint your body

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not healthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • a complete waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • If thr kady is happy with doing it, im ok with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way

0|0
    0|0
  • bad for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Woman look good just being a woman

0|0
    0|0
  • i heard its pretty dangerous

better to just do it the natural way

0|0
    0|0
  • Not good for spine I believe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it

0|0
    3|0

What Girls Said 33

• Bad for your organs. Just do planks and core exercises and alter your diet. Safer. Healthier. Longer lasting, better results.

I started working out about 5 weeks ago. Just doing body weight exercises. I've lost 1 inch in my waist, I have a 6 pack coming in, I've gained 2 inches in my butt, 1 in my chest, and 4 in my biceps. And that's over 5 weeks WITHOUT weights.

2|1
    0|0
  • I was curious and tried it years ago but it hurt my ribs and I was like hell no after a couple days. Plus I researched it and read a lot of bad things about it... I just stick to diet and exercise waist training was not worth the pain or risks for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not healthy, and the fact that people actually buy them shows just how much pressure is on young women to fit an unrealistic, and often unhealthy beauty standard.

1|1
    0|1
    • Its not unrealistic, just ideal. It takes work and dedication like most acheivements and good things.

• @MisterAnon69 Waist training doesn't increase muscle, or result in weight loss. It simply has the intended effect of changing the bust-waist-hip ratio, something determined almost entirely by genetics.

When I say unrealistic, I mean for most people. I mean that it's an unrealistic goal for many of the people that are buying these things, which is why they feel like they need to resort to unhealthy measures, because that's the only way they're going to get the result that they want.

• I suppose, a short cut. A costly one at that. With more than one kind of price.

• It can damage your internal systems if done to the extreme. Just don't think of eating a normal meal because your intestines will be all compressed and you will most likely have constant constipation as well as stomach aches. Is it really worth it?

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't rush too much too fast it's fine and won't harm your body. I used to waist train with steel-boned corsets in my early 20s and loved it. It's not a replacement for living a healthy lifestyle and working out, but with enough consistent wear, it will help alter your shape.

0|0
    0|0
  • These men who are encouraging saying that all they care is looks and all and waist training is good are the leading cause of mental disorders in women. -.-

Waist training is the kind of decision that one really has to be responsible and careful with. As long as they do it the proper way then it is a great way to enhance a woman's body shape. However I personally feel like it is not for everyone.

0|0
    0|1
  • I prefer blood flow , oxygen flow, healthy esentusl others and a functioing brain.

It is the epitome of stupidity. in my opinion

0|1
    0|0
  • in my opinion it is a waste of time. It gets no results & can be dangerous.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just super weird that people do it. I don't understand it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wore one awhile back. I would wear it for 8 hrs. A day. It worked! After a month I noticed a huge difference. I’m going to start again soon. I’m fat again lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you remember how many inches you lost in that first month?

• Show All
    • I just got mine today and wore it for 6 hours I wanted to go 10 or maybe sleep in it but it got uncomfortable. I want to be as safe as possible but I at least want to wear 8 hours a day

• Maybe wear it twice a week and workout the other days. That’s what I’m going to do to start off. Also going to be doing butt workouts lol.

• It's bad for you people pass out and squishes your organs

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if I could suck in my waist that much, but I do enjoy the feeling of a tight belt.

0|1
    0|0
  • This cannot be good for your ribs and internal organs

0|1
    0|0
  • Eh.. do so very carefully after a ton of research. Consistency is key though.

1|0
    1|0
  • I would rather exercise and avoid the risks waist trainers can cause.

0|2
    0|0
  • Very good. I will start with it next year I really think it makes miracles

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh, if that actually helps to define your waist, I'm in

0|0
    0|0
    • They do, everyone says it will hurt you but only if you do it to an extreme. Wearing one for 8 hours a day is not going to hurt someone

• They’re uncomfortable I wore one before just to see felt like I couldn’t breathe

0|0
    0|0
  • It's sad that people have to do that to feel ok about themselves

0|1
    0|0
  • Not worth the health risks

1|1
    0|0
  • Extremely dangerous and unhealthy for your organs

1|1
    0|1
  • It’s stupid and does not look good :/

0|1
    0|0
  • Damaging organs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, why not. I would like to try it.

0|0
    1|0
    • I didn't know that waist training was that bad, so i change my reply, nope, i dont like them.

• Nothing good

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope you realize this is bs 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Not good they should just workout.

0|1
    0|0
    • You don't change your proportions by working out... you just lose fat...

• Show All
    • Spot reducing=fat loss in a certain spot. It is possible it happens.

• Ask a doctor then.. or just look it up on the internet. It's nit possible, you lost fat on all your body, not just 1 area...

• What is it?

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean its ok

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it in a very relaxed way. Like just wearing spanks but it helps my posture. Of course all in excess is unhealthy, so you should totally be careful if you try it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes