Would you dump your girlfriend for a more attractive girl that is more your type?

Before you say yes or no to try and please others just go anon and give me a totally honest answer please.
  • No that's messed up
  • Yes why not
Ill give a little more info.. so there's this guy that iv had a crush on for awhile and when he was single I was in a relationship. Now I'm single and he's in a relationship :( anyway I knoe he's more attracted to me than her because he told my ex when we were still together. We have a lot in common also.

I'm not trying to be a homewrecking whore and am not trying to even hit on him or anything I'm jist curious as to if he knew I was interested what the chances of him leaving her are.

Yes. I Know I'm a horrible person :(
Thank you all very much for your opinions :)

1130

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're asking about looks, then no. No one in his sane mind and who has learnt a bit about relationship would dump his her girlfriend/boyfriend for someone more attractive. However I think you meant "attracted to" rather than finding attractive. To me this is another story, I can find tons of guys attractive but I won't be attracted to them and it's the same for guys even if they're more visual than us. Because being attracted to someone implies more than looks. It's the way you talk, the way you act, the way you walk and all those things that just makes you you. I consider it to be the first step to falling in love, since the second builds more over time. Now from your situation, I guess your question is more "would you dump you girlfriend for a girl you're more attracted to? " or in other words for a girl you have a huge crush on.

Now this scenario happens often. And to be honest, most people won't leave their relationship even if they fell in love with someone else. I've been in this situation once, in your situation. And there isn't much thing you can do except let him make him choice, it's always better if he breaks up with his girlfriend for reasons that don't imply you than him breaking up with her because of you. To me this implied not letting him know I was "in love" with him because I didn't want to have to face him and have the "ditch her and chose me" kind of talk. This just taught me than sometimes even all the attraction in the world isn't enough and can't make up for "timing" The timing was wrong and when people are in a relationship they have more than one reason to not leave their gf/bf, security being the most important one. They already have a devoted, loving girlfriend or boyfriend. They are already in a loving relationship so they don't want to take the risk to ditch it and then "try" it out with you.

So yeah, sorry for rambling so much but this experience totally showed me that nowadays people value more their own security within the relationship than , I'm sorry to say, love. They'd rather stay with someone they already have something with than take the risk to thro everything out and build nother relationship with someone else, a relationship that might NOT work. It really gave some feedback to the idea that people were in relationship more out of security, not being alone and such than for their real feelings. It also taught me that it's no use wasting time and hopes on guys who are taken no matter how attracted to you they are because it's always a dead on situation.

This being said I still think that this quote sort of makes a point: "if you're in love with two people, pick the second one. If you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second." but people seldom do so