The 6 Most Expensive Desserts From Around the World

6. Frozen Haute Chocolate at Serendipity 3, New York, $25,000

Taking 28 of the most expensive cocoas and adding in five grams of edible 23-carat gold as well as a goblet lined with gold will make this sundae a real treat. More gold is added into the whipped cream on top and there is also a side of La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier. You will require help to eat such a delight and Serendipity brings you a diamond-encrusted spoon.

5. Cannoli at Jasper Restaurant, $26,000

Jasper Mirable, the owner of the Jasper Restaurant in Kansas City, teamed up with Tivol Jewellers to create this incredible treat in an attempt to make the most expensive cannoli ever. The recipe brings the Italian delicacy to a whole new level, with whipped ricotta, candied lemon, nuts, sweet cream, lemon peel and chocolate as well as a diamond necklace and a gold leaf covering the whole pack.

4. Twins Ice Cream Sundae from Mt. Kilimanjaro, $60,000

This dessert is actually way more than just an ice cream, offering you a unique experience. You pay for a first class plane ticket to Tanzania, a couple of days at a five star hotel, a guided tour to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro and best of all, the founder of the company will accompany you to make the sundae with ice taken from the mountain. Due to the weather changes it is expected that all ice from the summit will melt in ten years or so – that’s why this tasty dessert is also an attempt to raise awareness about the environment as well. You also get a shirt!

3. Strawberries Arnaud, $1.4 million

Found in the French Quarter of New Orleans, this dessert is obviously a bit more than just the regular strawberries. They were soaked in exotic wine and come with whipped cream and mint to add flavor, as well as a 4.7 carat pink diamond ring that belonged to Sir Ernest Cassel, an English royal finance advisor. The strawberries come in a Charlex X crystal cave set and will also you get a $24,850 wine set, served by white-gloved waiters, and a live jazz concert to help stir your appetite. You can’t eat the diamond ring though

2. Diamond Fruitcake, $1.65 million

This two layer hexagonal cake was created back in 2005 by Jeong Hong-yong, a renowned chef from Tokyo, and it features 223 small diamonds. It took six months to create the masterpiece and the baking alone took one month! It was exhibited at the Takashimaya Department Store with the title ‘Diamonds: Nature’s Miracle’ until it was put for sale for Christmas. The recipe was kept secret to raise the mystery but this cake was apparently completely edible, except for the diamonds which you can easily remove and keep as a reminder of the feast

1. Diamond Chocolate Cake, $5 million

The most expensive dessert in the world also sizzles with diamonds, and it’s quite difficult to determine whether it is actually a tasty treat or a beautiful piece of jewelry. This chocolate diamond cake was created by a jeweler from Tokyo, Japan and it has no less than 2,000 diamonds on it with the chocolate being molded in the shape of Africa. According to the author, he wanted to express his love for the continent and diamonds are definitely the best way to do that.

Enjoy your Day :)

1411

Most Helpful Guy

• Too bad only jew bankers and ceo's can afford most of those. The rest of us would rather buy 10,000x $2.50 sundaes rather than 1x $25,000 one. Hell with that kind of ridiculous amount money I'd rather eat regular food and build a house on Mars or something. Have something to brag about and show for it in 10 years besides an expensive dump that will just get flushed down the toilet in a week.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate that "expensive" just means adding jewelry or edible gold onto the food, for the most part. I think it's much more inventive and creative when
    - the most high quality products are used
    - the dish is made with great love, care and craftsmanship that have been perfected over years, and
    - eating it is turned into an experience.
    Not necessarily an experience in the sense that you have to fly out and stay at a 5 star hotel for it, but maybe doing something special with the dish in front of the customer is cool enough, like flambéing it or using some other sort of special technique.
    Buzzfeed has a show on youtube called Worth it, where they're trying out foods of different price ranges to determine which one is the most worth it. Usually the cheap or the middle price ranges win. Sometimes the really high-end foods win, but that's often because it was creative, a fun experience and the food actually tasted delicious (and not because they slapped some gold onto something mediocre to make it expensive).

Great take!

• "Buzzfeed has a show on youtube called Worth it, where they're trying out foods of different price ranges to determine which one is the most worth it".
      Funny... this take reminded me of Buzzfeed actually! Usually the most expensive foods presented in that show have either truffle, caviar, or gold, I don't know if you've noticed that as well.

• @Hollywood-Glam I have! Which is why I noted that it's annoying :D

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• Isn't it surprising that all the expensive parts of the food are not technically edible? Gold? Diamond? Trip to somewhere?

I will stick to something simple.

• I don't think eating jewelry is healthy at all.

You can make these recipes at home for $20 from the grocery store, granted you have the equipment for doing so (which could add to another $20 as a one time purchase)

• Uhh...

• Good Take, but Gold and Diamonds are not quite edible :P

• I think gold is edible at the right amount. There's a medicine in ayurveda which contains gold as an ingredient.

• @YourFutureEx I've heard about that, but still it's a metal, I don't think it's quite digestible.

• Who would pay that much? Even billionairs should know better.

• One time I had a $6 million strawberry cake topped with the Queen of England's period blood

• The Emperor Caligula used to drink pearls dissolved in his drink.

• I will just stick with my $5 chocolate mint ice cream for desert, thanks...

• Fuck that. I'll continue eating for 150 a month.

• Number 4 makes sense

What Girls Said 13

• Beautifully and Tastefully Done, hun, this was real Fun!!
    I am not Sure just how "Expensive" this Cake I had Eaten from the Banha Bake shop out in Egypt Was, When I was Living with a Husband I still have out there, but I do Know Though... It was the Most Moist and Delicious Creamy cake I ever have Eaten in my whole Life. xx

• I think it's silly for people to eat gold like that, it has no flavor and would be better put to use in technology or jewelry.

• I remember looking online before at some of these :)
    Crazy how someone could afford to pay $1.65 million for a cake lol
    Great my take :)

• You are making me hungry. They all look soo delicious, couldnt choose a favorite, want to try them all :)

• I think it's funny that the actual food itself isn't expensive but the decoration of the food is. lol.

• Mmm, I love chocolate, but those deserts are too expensive for me :D

• I would love to try all of them, :-D

• If I win the lottery, we can go try them 😂😂

• Loool that's a waste of money, we should try tasters hahahaha :-D!!!

• Hahaha True.

• They look good but pointless.

• Only the sundae looks delicious.

• I wonder how many calories are in these sweets.

• nice take those desserts look good

• Now why do only 1 or 2 look edible?

• i heard that consuming gold isn't healthy