- 600-700 calories is completely normal for a meal, and it's not too much.
- 600-700 calories per meal is about what I eat, and not too much.
- 600-700 calories is a lot for a meal!
- A meal should always be less than 500 calories.
- 600-700 calories would still be considered a small meal.
- 300 calories for a meal is wayyy too small. Your moms right and 600-700 is more normal.
Most Helpful Guy
I think women are suppose to eat less than 2000 calories a day. A woman is suppose to eat around 1200-1500 calories a day. By eating that amount she is putting strain on her liver, vascular system, pancreas, and digestive tract. Even if she is only eating 12-1500 calories a day. That means she is eating 2 BIG meals a day. However, metabolism and lifestyle need to be taken into consideration. I eat around 8000 calories a day, because I weigh 250lbs, and exercise 5 days a week. People who also have jobs that require constant vigorous thinking will burn more calories a day, because their brain is working harder. 50-60% of the glucose you ingest is used simply to keep your brain functioning, which is a lot.
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
For an average adult female, you need between 1200-1800 calories a day, more if you are extremely active. I think the problem is more her forcing extra food on you. It sounds like there is something psychological behind that like perhaps when she was a kid food was scarce or she was deprived in some way so her way of showing her love to you and taking care of you, is feeding you, even beyond your hunger point because if you're over stuffed, you'll at least always be full.
I think it would be worth it for you to talk to your mom about the food thing and about eating proportionately. An average dinner is about 400-600 calories if eating healthy.