Would you eat food that has gold in/on it?

I feel a 2018 food trend brewing up! What you think? GOLD the new mermaid/unicorn food trend?
Would you eat food that has gold in/on it? Would you eat food that has gold in/on it?Would you eat food that has gold in/on it?Would you eat food that has gold in/on it?
Now i'm not talking about actual gold in your food (unless you're a baller and can get your hands on some 24K gold bars) i'm mainly talking about edible gold paint, gold glitter and gold foil.

Would you give it a go? Granted that it's safe to consume!
Let's be honest, knowing me.. i'll give it a go in a heartbeat <3

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In India We are Eating Such Foods from 2011

ichef.bbci.co.uk/.../_57534659_img_9521.jpg

#Dosas come in many varieties, for example plain or with a potato masala filling. And they are not very expensive, costing between 50 and 100 rupees (94 cents-$1.90; 60p-£1.20).

But the Raj Bhog restaurant, in the southern Indian city of Bengaluru (Bangalore), is offering dosas covered in a coating of pure gold.

The luxury comes at a price. Each gold dosa costs the princely sum of 1,011 rupees ($19; £12.25).

Diners are promised that they can tuck into one milligram of gold, spread out over 12 cm by 12 cm of pure gold foil. The #gold is added to each dosa in the final wrap - very much like adding a thin sheet of cheese or butter while applying the finishing touches to the dish.

Indian society becomes more affluent, the restaurant squarely aims at those who have the ability to spend on such fancies.

The country also has a tradition of using gold and silver in various indigenous medicines, though medics differ on how effective they are.

The #Ayurveda system of Indian medicine has certainly been using gold in traditional medicines for many centuries.

While the volume of gold production in India is negligible, the country is the biggest market for gold in the world.

We want your opinion. As you are Super Moderator of this Site and Have more Experience on this site. Should we share more interesting things in form of My Takes. We have noticed Food and Beverage are rarely discussed on @GirlsAskGuys.

Sweets of India (Part-1) ↗

We had written Take on Sweets of India.

1|1
    0|0
    • WOW!! That's really amazing! If you'd like to share some interesting things in form of a Mytake.. you're most welcome too :)

Most Helpful Girl

• The closest thing I had with gold was this white wine with little pieces of gold at the bottom lol
    But actual food with it, nah, it's ugly too, I don't like eating ugly things

1|0
    0|0
    • WOW! Was it champagne? With pieces of gold on the bottom? That actually sounds quite nice!! lol

• Yeah it might have been, and yeah lol I felt rich drinking it for once 😂

• oooo how poshhh :P

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• Maybe gold chocolate

1|0
    0|0
  • There’s actually a restaurant club in New York City that sells a golden donut for $100. This is the first time I’ve ever seen or heard of golden foods. I wouldn’t mind trying out that donut for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not just good looking but our body needs a little bit of every mineral. I suggest eating silver rather than eating gold coz gold isn't really that important but silver could be used by the body

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha mooky, your stomach pouch will not thank you if you eat this lol..

https://i.imgur.com/Otu0LkZ.gif

Just not on my food 🤮🤢...

Cupcake looks worth a try, the rest look as odd and weird as good teeth. The bagel even looks like pieces of teeth for toppings 🤮🤣

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...ikistan_gold_teeth.jpg
    I’ll have no creepy lady teeth on my food to go please...

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes drink gold. Actual gold. It has antibacterial properties. Really good for cleansing.

1|0
    0|0
    • ooo that looks really cool! reminds me of a lava lamp lol

• I would but I think it's stupid. It doesn't look better and doesn't add anything to the taste but makes it more expensive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it taste like nothing. Not really worth the price tag. But at least you're willing to give it a try

• Some alcohol has it in it. Seems pointless. It's inert. Just gonna be wasted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Umm, you mean actual gold? I'll pass. Talk to the guy who eats metal.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes l would try it but it would be nice to give it to those girls thar are gold diggers lol

1|0
    0|0
  • godl is not edible if you checked your chemistry classes :/

1|0
    0|0
    • It actually is edible. Gold doesn’t have any nutritional value to our immune system.. so it’ll just pass right through us.

• Of all the things you would put gold on to show off wealth some mother fuck is out there butting gold on a fucking chicken tender 😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I've heard about real gold being in ice cream. Never seen any faux gold glittery junk in food though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Another of the despicably disappointing style over substance pushes that has been going on for some time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think my stomach can agree with every thing I take so I better resist it so its a no for me

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as the food isn't going to be ridiculously overpriced. Sure, I'd give it a shot.

1|0
    0|0
  • no! i went through hell getting my teeth fixed the first time!

1|0
    1|0
  • Y not not like it will hurt u and also after that u can say that u shit gold win win

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope and if it was real gold I would steal it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Smoked a joint rolled in 24k gold once. Amazing.

1|0
    0|0
    • That sounds interesting lol

How does rolling it in 24k gold work?

• Show All
    • Oh okay. Haha. I can see it happening already. Where are you from?

• LOL, I’m in Australia. Melbourne to be exact

• I’ve drank alcohol with gold in it so why not...

1|0
    0|0
  • i would eat it but i would never pay for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems far too unnatural to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems pointless but food is food I'd eat anything

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd try it once for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would so I can shit gold

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not into it too tacky.

1|0
    0|0
  • Id like to cover some one in gold paint

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, if I wanted to eat gold, i'm bite myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds pointless and weird so most likely not

1|0
    0|0
  • Trends are stupid

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• It’s not new. It’s just the latest trendy thing. I’ve eaten it before, it tastes of nothing.

Bet not many people here have eaten Angelica. Now that’s a relic of the past.

1|0
    0|0
    • It hasn't been prominent. I think the limelight for 2017 has been the rainbow/unicorn trend mostly. Come to think of it.. I think it's been around for ages! It just hasn't had a chance lol

Angelica? The herb that looks like parsley right?

• Show All
    • Sorry. I was trying to help with the “The herb that looks like parsley” comment.

Given I then explained what it was, I’m not sure you can sit on your throne of “I know what stuff is”. Sorry I was trying to be helpful.

• No need to apologise. I'm trying to wrap my head around what exactly you were saying, that and just answering you really. I wasn't trying to make out that i knew what the stuff was. I was trying to understand. Didn't know understanding needed a throne though.

• People have been doing this like forever. I hear that gold flakes don't taste good and of course they cost a fortune. It's a waste of money to embed gold in food and it could be highly toxic if it's mixed with other metals (aka it has to be pure and absurdly expensive).

1|0
    0|0
  • This has been a rich people trend for a minute now. It looks stupid and I'll pass I'd rather wear gold than have it ruin my meal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its very common in my culture to eat gold foil. I wouldn't eat glitter or paint that's edible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Edible gold has been a thing for a long time... also it is actually real gold or a mixture of pure gold and pure silver.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seems like an extravagant waste. I'm a simple girl so I'll pass.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not to mention the unnecessary exposure to foreign chemicals, if you're not eating pure gold (which you're right, is pointlessly expensive).

• That’s already happening and no, probably not. I don’t care for food coloring bullshit

1|0
    0|0
  • 100% 😊 looks great to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Looks fun

1|0
    0|0
  • Food's food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. That's a waste of gold.

1|0
    0|0
  • no doesn't seem safe

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes