GaG User Video Contest: "One Burning Question" (UPDATE)

Fathoms77

Everyone seems to like contests. :) In the past few months, we've held two very successful contests; there was the share your best "first" story (see winners here) and the recent "time to get noticed" contest (see winners here), and here comes a third.

While we'll definitely go back to standard writing contests - likely with specific topics and themes - we're changing the format this time: It's a video contest!

We've seen some users asking whether or not they can submit videos to GirlsAskGuys and really, it's a great idea. So, we’re giving you the opportunity to step in front of the camera (or behind it, if you’d rather), and share something your GaG brethren – and the rest of the digital world – will really love. Here are the details:

-- You have three weeks, starting today, to put together your submission. No submissions will be accepted after Sunday, July 24 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

-- The video should be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes in length.

-- Choose ONE QUESTION or ONE POLL you've seen on GaG to ask your friends, family, or even perfect strangers. How you record the responses is entirely up to you; it can be a reporter-on-the-street segment of sorts, or you can get your friends together for a cozy group session. Remember, you want good reactions from the people you ask, so try to select universally hot topics!

-- When you’re done, upload it to YouTube so the vid can then be embedded in a myTake. If you're unfamiliar, to embed a video in a Take, use the video icon in the tool bar at the top of the text box, or simply copy and paste the URL of the vid into the box. Also, remember to Introduce your video with a few lines.

-- Remember to put #GaGVideoContest somewhere in the text in the Take.

-- You ARE allowed to make more than one submission. Want to create three different vids where you address three different polls/questions? Go right ahead! Just make sure to make a separate myTake for each, and don't forget the #GaGVideoContest.

-- The same rules that apply to myTakes apply here, so NO offensive or explicit content is allowed in the video. If it has any such content, it will be disqualified. You can certainly use a love or sex-based question or poll for your video, but just make sure the content is decent.

Prizes

1st Place: $100 Amazon Gift Card

2nd Place: $50 Amazon Gift Card

3rd Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card

Videos will be judged on quality, entertainment and engagement, and overall presentation. You don't have to be a vid expert to win; make people laugh and keep them intrigued and you're good to go.

Be interesting! Be creative! Be funny! You can approach this video any way you wish; just be sure to make it plain which question or poll you'll be tackling, and then invent your own presentation. We're excited to see your efforts! :D

Update: Well, doesn't look like anybody wanted to do this one. :P But one member definitely stepped up:

@blondfrog

He produced not just one but three user videos for this contest and though we can't say there was any "contest" to speak of, we can't just say we're canceling everything. So we've tossed blondfrog a $25 Amazon Gift Card as a thank you and next time, we're going to do a contest that lets users do what they wish (myTake, video, whatever), and they can create that content however they see fit.

Stay tuned!

20
20
20Girl Opinion
20Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1919
  • Máiiréad

Meh, I'd be interested if I didn't have to deal with feckin stalkers.

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • Mustachekitteh

Welp, I can't do this contest. If this was a thing where you could just record your voice and say stuff, that would be fine. Involving people is a no go. I don't have anyone to talk to in real life and it's rare if I talk to family members often.

Like 8 People
    Reply
  • blondfrog

Lol I like you man as an admin you're actually one of the few I actually like, but I hope this wasn't your idea lol. I mean how should I approach the video? Just go up to random people in public or even my college area and ask them questions about sexual topics or any other topic on GAG? And how do I get them to accept the interview? Or should I lie to them and tell them I am an actual reporter working for Girlsaskguys website?

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Fathoms77

You have friends, yes?

• blondfrog

No unfortunately I don't.

• im your friend! come here, you can interveiw me!

• Josht13

AH I've got a good idea but I'm too much of a pussy to actually do it.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • ManOnFire

Hmmmm. If I had enough people to ask I would do this. I love on-the-street type questions, you get some of the best answers that way. The subway would be a great place to do it, but I worry that a lot of people will be annoyed by me asking at random, lol.

Reply
    • Fathoms77

Depends on where you are, I think. If it was a major city like NY or SF or something, I'm willing to bet perfect strangers are used to being approached with just this type of thing on a weekly basis. :P

• RainbowFanGirl

Well, I hate taking videos of myself so I'm gonna be left out of this one. :)

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • YourFutureEx

I've a great idea for this but not the budget. Hope we'll have this contest again when I'll get a job in a few years.

Hope I'll still stay that much insane by then.

Reply
  • EllieLexis513

Eh, I might try it, but I have to find people to interview first lol

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • NourSy

It's unfair because some people would ask others to fake their reactions in the video so that they can easily win. lol

Reply
  • Swedgirl

Question: Do the people have to speak English in the video, or can the video have subtitles?

Reply
    • Fathoms77

Um... well, if the translation is good, I guess it's okay to have subtitles, provided the rest of the quality is decent.

• matheus_mb

Hm... interesting, I hope I come up with a good idea.

Reply
  • BeerFarts

I already won one contest on here. Time to go 2 for 2!

Reply
  • LittleSally

Oh, attention seekers will love this contest. xD

Like 11 People
    Reply
  • apple24

wholly molly! Thats crazy! lol Did you raise the price or what? lol

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • 2tall2handle

Nobody I know in my personal life knows about this site nor knows I am on here, and personally I like that.

Reply
  • SweetHomicidalQueen

here's one contest i can't enter lol

Like 8 People
    Reply
  • Dog19

Okay, I'll try. But I'm so tired of losing these contests

Reply
  • Prettyapathetic

Could I just ask myself or become a schizophrenic? I have no friends!

Reply
  • OrdinaryGentleman

Do you realize how long a videos editing process is?

Reply
    • Fathoms77

Certainly not longer than 3 weeks. ;)

And we're not expecting ridiculous amounts of editing. Most videos tossed up on YouTube are put there by people who have no idea about video editing.

• good luck with that.

• Show More (18)