Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

simplyaramdomgirl

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

Anons

This is my topic for today so buckle up because I have a lot to say about this. I've talked with many anons in this website for the average amount of time that I've been here and I've seen a pattern that honestly bothers me.

Up next I will be giving five reasons why I do not like anons.

1. What They Say

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

Do I really need to dig deep into this? I think we have all experienced anons being anons. There are very few who have anything good or nice to say. The rest are rude, overbearing, simply retarded, ridiculous or extremely creepy/sexual. Honestly, that needs to stop.

2. Why They Use The Anonymity

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

I hate the fact that they coward away in their little anon shield to say the rudest things. I bet if they had to use their account name they would think twice before commenting or at least have the guts to say things up front.

3. They Are Annoying

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

Most anons are simply annoying. From their unpleasant personalities to their relentless persistence, they can get burdensome. Some invite you over and over again to answer the same questions time and time again. Others simply don't comprehend boundaries. (By the way, this is also annoying when someone who uses their profile does it.)

4. Their Questions

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

There are very few anon questions that I consider to be worth answering. The rest are:

A) Very sexual

B) Very personal

C) Ridiculous

D) Extremely very personal and sexual

I don't think that I have to put examples because frankly we've all seen'em.

5. They Aren't Up Front

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It

I already said it but I feel like this is a point I'd really like to stress. No one knows who you are. Take my profile for instance, I've never had my face on it, but I use my profile. People can at me, block me, follow me, reply to me, and so on. Anonimity is simply a dumb way to "hide a way" and have a sense of "safety" while saying the stupidest things. If you have something to say, have the guts to be upfront and say it.

What I want you to take away from this is that you should always say what you want to as long as you're up front about it and don't coward away behind a mask such as the anon.

-The End xo

P.S.

As I said, this is some behavior that I noticed on anons around this community, so don't take personal offence if the description doesn't fit you. I'm not personally hating on anyone and I'm simply talking about behavior that bothers me. Anyway, that's it. Until next time!

Anonymity and Why I Don't Like It
11
7

Most Helpful Girl

• AngelicSin
    I completely agree, if you don't have the nerve to write your opinion with a name on then don't do it at all.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Jack_L_andTurn
    And a lot of the questions sound like they come from a 12-year-old.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

610
  • TrixiePooch
    The anons are like trolls on any other site. Half of them have no idea what they are talking about from what I have seen. And there are a ton who don't even know how their own body works or who were not paying attention in Sex Ed class.
  • ADFSDF1996
    I don’t mind anon questions but I am definitely not fond of anonymous opinions because they are usually rude. That’s why I no longer allow anonymous opinions on my posts.

Ironically the anonymous feature doesn’t offer complete anonymity, since the admins still know who they are.
  • LegateLanius
    Thank you. I feel the same way about some anonymous opinions but I've noticed they can be quite nice. With the nice ones, I never understood the need to be anon in the first place.
  • abundantlyrich
    You let them push your buttons.. they are rotting away while trolling hard to start arguments and negativity.
  • I mean, we're all technically anonymous since we're on the internet. Also, why didn't you disable anonymous for the opinions on this?
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson
    • There's a difference between not putting personal info such as a picture, your name and so on, and being anon on this page. Anyway I didn't disable the anonymous opinions because I don't like the idea of depriving anyone from their right to an opinion. As much as I don't like the aforementioned behavior, I have to respect other people's choices.

• JustWorthlessMe
    BRAVO!!! *STANDING OVATION*
  • This is a great mytake! You make some good points!
  • Haha great mytake
  • FrenchyRomain
    100% agree on this
  • TheNephilim
    Agreed
  • Anonymous
    You are anonymous right now, unless your name is really simplyaramdomgirl
  • Anonymous
    lol damn never knew anons would trigger y'all this much lmao
  • Anonymous
    • Yes you do seem triggered... but are too much of a sissy to openly confront her. Let's picture you: young, white, bitchboi geek so pathetic that you think your little pic was clever... like always, we're just laughing at you.

• Anonymous
    Yes posting anonymously is annoying af
  • Anonymous
    I dislike anon opinions more than questions.