Age and it's impact on GirlsAskGuys

Jjpayne
Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

Recently I posted this question.

Are there age restrictions on girls ask guys or is girls ask guys for every age group?

This seemed to have people talking about younger ages before 18 talking with adults. But I was referencing another area of the topic even though that one is an important conversation too.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

My thoughts specifically involved the idea that younger people have more entitlement and more of a right to be on girls ask guys then older people do.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys
Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

I have seen a sea of many different ages and many different people with varying opinions. I sense that it's ok for those above 18 and those below 30 to answer and ask any questions they like. They are the entitled population. Past that, its like a 30 year old or older walking around a high school.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

The idea is it still happens but the feel is. "You don't belong here past 30 but we will allow it. You don't have any rights or privilege's, it's only based on the content we believe you should be posting and the questions you should be asking past 30. "

A fantastic example of this is assuming anyone over age 30 posting sexual things is dirty and disgusting.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys
Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

I post those magazines because I do wonder. How old do you think Maxim writers are? Do you think they only hire men in their 20's? They are paid to put articles like that together as well. They have all the time in the world to write them and are not concerned with having too much time on their hands, it is the time they need because it is their job.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

Another thing, older people still have sex... and they have experience! I would personally rather talk to a 50 year old man about how to pleasure a woman over an 18 year old, simply because he has experience.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

For me, it's all about taking notes. If I talk to someone on girls ask guys in their 60's talking about their sexual opinions or experience, I don't call them dirty, I value that because I will be their shoes pretty soon myself.

Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys
Age and its impact on GirlsAskGuys

Overall, I think there is a place for everyone here. I don't intend to say that younger people are any less valuable than old people on here. I know a number of profiles that are under 18 that are pretty smart people. But my overall goal here is to highlight the fact that any age on girls ask guys is valuable and important. No question should be avoided simply because they are too old to answer it. It's important to be mindful of ages on profiles but it's also important to not let ages define profiles either.

Age and it's impact on GirlsAskGuys
11
29
11Girl Opinion
29Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• PinkMichae

Hmmm! I can't relate. I'm 44 years old and been on here for about 4 years.

Sure I'll sometimes get the little aholes that call me old. But doesn't faze me.

I've found more people liking my opinions than not. I think younger people and older people have a lot to offer.

Us older people have more life experience and can offer advice a younger person may not have thought about.

Younger people can teach us older people how the world is changing with the new generation and possibly more.

If people are entitled I just ignore it.

Like 10 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • sparke328

You're not old! Just experienced lol. Also thanks for all the advice— life is hard 😂😂😂

• PinkMichae

Awe! Thanks.😊

• I may have a couple of years on you but I feel we have something to offer to the young ones. They can learn from our experiences, the things we screwed up six ways to Sunday. Here's hoping that by sharing our past mistakes we can help the younger ones make new and different mistakes rather than sticking with the tried and tested versions :P

• MzAsh

I’m 35 and I don’t care if people don’t like it. They’ll have to make me leave kicking, screaming, and stark ass naked.

Like 5 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

929
  • OlderAndWiser

"Past that, its like a 30 year old or older walking around a high school.". Those people are called teachers; without them, schools do not accomplish their objective.

LikeDisagree 14 People
    Reply
  • Xoxocutekitty

Younger people will always be more entitled because they have not experienced enough of "so called life" to humble themselves. When you are young, you are more strongly a byproduct of the societies (education and parents and young peers) that dictate how and what you should should do with YOUR life. We put some much emphasis on making your own decisions and then with a gradual shift, people start pairing off and making families and realizing there's more to life than what was mapped out. Young people are inexperienced, they are disadvantaged in that way. They are entitled because they are constantly being told they deserve more to maximize their youth and for the first time they are experiencing life's disappointments (and do not yet have the resiliency skills of a more seasoned adult). When you're young, you're experiencing that "you're on your own" mentality and it hurts because you haven't really built much with your life yet. In fact, just being with yourself and your shifting identity is quite existential. Young people often feel alone and don't have a history of "yeah, this is how I over came it and this is how I'll do it again."

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Jjpayne

This was very well thoughout and worthy of MHO, thank you

• FlutteringFeelings

Age doesn't come with wisdom only experience. I like to see the different thoughts of people from the youngest to the oldest and it's easier to communicate with some of the young ones because when it's just older people under one post there is a lot of ignorance. Versatility is needed just as I remembered when I first started GAG.

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • jojixlight

I agree, age doesn't matter!! you can talk or seek advice from young or old people normally it's not a big deal. I really like to have friends of different ages because each one is seeing things in a different view from mine and that will help you to look at things in a different way and to be wise. So I really like that!
    I like to listen to all people and take their opinions without caring for their age.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • MalcolmNZ

Two way deal with the young getting to save themselves a lot of pain
    by unlearning from the experience of older people on here.

The older folk on here get to learn how the younger generation view and
    feel about life, if things have changed from their day. Get new angles
    of viewpoint from younger folk.
    I'm blown away by the wisdom of some of the young folk on here.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • WowwGirl

Very nice job 👍 30 and above something really changed after that.

Like 4 People
    Reply
  • Asucela

I hate age restrictions. I love the youngest and oldest people here.

Like 5 People
    Reply
  • Bhavin2184

It just depends on situation some people give opinion based on experience and with proper explanation to help. Age has nothing to do give opinion here. What matter is proper answer to your question

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad

Thanks for such a wonderful MyTake, Very well written and great Quality and I do agree with you everyone no matter their age is a voice to be heard and not ignored 👍

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • najekim

Well, I'm the age where I can dish out fatherly advise or opinions to some and grandfatherly advise or opinions to others. And you younger folks are a fantastic indication of how the world has change since I was your ages.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Adam1978

Personally I think the whole age thing is a fact that is a generalization, it doesn't really say anything of my experience in the topic. If your young then we can conclude that there is no chance that you have the personal experience, but you could have spent a lot time reflecting on the topic and still have a good answer. Especially after spending time talking to older people. Age do tell that we have grown up under certain cultural era and it usually affect how we view a topic. I think country is more relevant then age to be honest.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Dchrls78104

I have misgivings about seeing under 18's on here, but only because too many of them talk or ask about sex and the reality is that this is not the place for them to have that kind of conversation because there are a lot of paedos and other deviants who would use sites like this one to try to get to the minors.

Reply
  • Mikeilito

Your reachable to much into it if he’s to old for you don’t tease him split and tease those yiu want to fuck that’s all there is to it fuck what society says they don’t have to know so enjoy and enjoy again! Remember recycling Is recycling.

Reply
  • leahzrc

i dont look at age unless it's someone 13 or 14 talking about sex because it's just weird to see

Like 3 People
    Reply
    • I agree. Sex isn't something a minor needs to be talking about on the internet. Any such conversation is one that needs to be steered in a direction that is more constructive, positive, and upbuilding.

• I-am-a-nobody

These whippersnappers in their 30s with their newfangled ideas shouldn't even be here! Dagnabit! (Let me hit 'em with my cane.)

But seriously,...
    I think there is not enough inter generational communication. Kids in school mostly interact with other people within just 3 years of their age. Teachers can often be seen as the adversary. There's a great need to communicate wisdom to the next generation.
    Having been insecure and lacking confidence, I have compassion on those who are going through the same in their journey. It breaks my heart to see people thinking they're too ugly because they are "too short" or have a few blemishes. I hope SOMEONE can benefit from my mistakes AND the things I did right.

Malachi 4:6
    "He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • pajamasam

I've never thought those over 30 don't belong, or thay my opinion is better than there's, that simply isn't true.

I do feel that those under 18 should be allowed on G@G but they shouldn't be allowed in questions on sexuality, not because we want to hide that info from them, but because there are perverts on here.

I know that people over 30 are still fully fledged humans with all the same desires and personality that they had when they were 25. They're life has changed and they have more experience but all in all they are people just like any 18-29 year old. Anyone should be allowed to ask and answer questions on G@G I just think there should be a few extra restrictions on those under 18.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Liam_Hayden

Good post as far as it goes. The problem is, "How do we know how old anyone is on here, if they are really the gender claimed, or if it isn't just a few people posting under a dozens of accounts?"

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Guanfei

Young people tend to think that above 25, you're old and you're only allowed to do old people stuff like watching old movies, struggling with technology, work, and of course stay off the internet.
    Well to anyone thinking that, let me tell you: you can fuck off. Anyone has the right to be here, and if you're not fine with it, you can leave.

Reply
  • Likes2drive

Yeah most on here respect my opinions because I have been through a lot at my age and I’ve been here 6 years now

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Show More (18)