Block Anonymous Users

That’s right, we were listening! You can now Block Anonymous users!

If you find yourself engaged in an argument that won't stop, or an anonymous user is harassing you, in addition to Reporting the post itself, you can now Block that Anonymous user. The user will be blocked from interacting with you Anonymously on that post and future posts.

To Block an Anonymous User:

For desktop, hover your mouse over the word Anonymous (top of Question or Opinion), a popup box will appear asking if you'd like to Block the user. Click Yes. Click No to Unblock.

For mobile, tap the word Anonymous, then tap Yes or No.

You can always go to our FAQ for reference on these instructions as well, What is blocking? How do I block another member?

Share your opinions, tell us what you think of this new feature; if you like it, if you'll use it, if you think it'll help. Always report any issues you encounter, if it doesn't work properly for you.

Thanks, G@Gers!

3936

Most Helpful Girl

• I disagree with this
    Only people who get butt hurt would care
    This is the internet. Don't get why people need to have their egos so baldly protected

• I agree but sometimes you get so pestered you just want to shush whoever is annoying you and this is one way.

• Haha good point
      Most people don't keep talking if you don't reply though

• u know the internet is full of idiots who say things to get a reaction! has nothing to o with being buthurt if u blcok them u idiot

Most Helpful Guy

• Shares in trolling futures just plummeted on the open market

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 38

• thanks a lot GAG!!! some anon users can be really mean at times

• bloody hell. THANK YOU!

• It's about time.
    Still, If a person is anon, I don't think they should have blocking privileges.
    anons have always abused it, knowing you can't track them or block them
    I never go anon and I never allow them to comment on my posts

• This is the best change done recently.

• hmm, if you can report anyway why bother blocking? reports get processed fairly fast anyway.. unless.. he's a super spammer o_o *omg hides*

• This is the greatest thing ever.

• Thanks! This is very useful!
    I will use it for sure.

• This is great! So basically, that person will just be blocked for that particular post, right?

• Finally a dream become true

• I have this guy blocked and he called out my name to insult me. There is another guy who did the same thing. I reported him and you all did nothing

• What can i do if I block someone and they still mention me and insult me?

• Blocked users cannot comment on YOUR posts but there is nothing stopping them from commenting on OTHER users posts. If you leave a reply to a third person, there is no blocking measures in place to stop your blocked users from also commenting to that person. If you feel their reply violates our guidelines though, please report it so we will be notified and can review it.

• Thank you... I did

• I wish I could like the crap out of this take.
    Yes, yes, yes!

• That's a good idea!

• I've tried blocking and reporting a user who has been harassing me. They harass me as an annon then message me admitting its them. Yet nothing gets done

• This feature has been long requested by many users, i think they like it. thanks

• Yesssss! Thanks!

• that's awesome! !!!

• This... :)

• I rarely have arguments with anonymous. I won't use it anyway.

• Oh great, more blocking -.-'

• Revolution!

• More from Girls
    18

What Guys Said 35

• Excellent idea!!!
    Been waiting for something like this from a very long time.
    Keep up the good work, friends ^_^

• While I like the idea, in execution I think it will be abused. I already have some issues with the current system. There should at least be some symbol to show that the person was blocked. If I say something you don't agree with, and you ask me for a link to a study, then block me, then it looks like I can't back up my claim. Then you can even unblock me and ask why I haven't provided a link to a study, and then reblock me again. It makes it look like I was lying.

Another problem I see is that what if a person asks a question, and then they block me. Then someone else starts talking crap on my comment. They then think I don't have a good response for my position. At least a symbol showing everyone they blocked the other person would prevent this from happening. This doesn't sound very well thought out at all.

• Oh man... This just became so much more fun :)
    Time to block the trolls xD great Job!

• Great move!

• I still miss the you make it a rule you can block or comment/reply but not both.

As it is passive-aggressive behaviours is rewarded, allowing to both a last word and blocking to prevent the other part to even respond.

Blocking is fine, responding is fine, but both responding and blocking at the same time ensuring the final word is not ok.

• I to never allow an anonymous user to comment on any post I may put out there as a question.. but do not worry about that very much at all as I give way more opinions then I ever ask questions.. I have tho replied to a post that is from an anonymous user.. but when a user to me is anonymous.. it tells me that he or she is never who they signed up as.. so I do look at those posts to see if it even worthwhile to answer anything

• Thank you for this:)

• oh cool. im still good without it :)

• congrats!!! awesome feature

• Or just simply NEVER ALLOW ANY Anonymous responses in the first place.

• I like this and it should hopefully stop trolling.

• After years of various users campaigning for this... the blocking anonymous trolls feature is finally here.

We shall rejoice! 8-)

• I can kinda get why this would be a helpful option. For instance, some people aren't just harassed for their questions, but are sexually harassed on here, so for those people this could come in handy (as would the report option of course). I personally think this is kind of a cool option to have, despite the fact that I almost always answer anonymously.

• How do you unblock someone you accidentally blocked?

• MIND = BLOWN

ONE OF THE BEST DECISIONS MADE IN GAG HISTORY, EVER

• That is pretty cool.

• FINALLY some limit on anonymous behavior! It took years of people complaining.

• If I comment on someone's post, but the asker harass me, can I block the asker for the specific post?

• you can block the anonymous asker for that specific post, if the asker has already engaged with your opinion

• This sounds ghood, almost Troll proof.

• damn it.

oh i mean... awesome... great stuff.

:-?

• More from Guys
    15