Masculinity 911

Masculinity 911

Warning: Fragile ego's may be damaged while or after reading this mytake. Sorry, I guess the truth hurts fellas. Also, this is not directed at anyone specific it's a generalization so, there is no reason to be personally offended or write a chapter as a reply. Hope you enjoy......

Masculinity 911

Masculinity Matters

Most men generally think that it is important to be “masculine,” or “man enough.” They think this because it is important to be masculine. Masculinity is generally understood to be an achieved status that needs to be proved. Historically, being the Alpha Male or Dominating Male is not a bad thing. Historically, these men won wars, achieved success, and displayed both strength and leadership.

Include a caption for your im
Include a caption for your im

Lowest T-Levels in History

Talk about a sad story men's testosterone levels are the lowest ever recorded to date. "The normal range is anywhere from 300 to 800 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). You would not be considered to have low T unless you had a number below 300." (Web MD)

Masculinity 911

WTF Guys?

Dangerously low testosterone levels is more common then not currently. A men's health professional voiced his concern over the decline of testosterone and its public health impact on American "men". Average T-levels now are around 350 as opposed to the 435 average of the late 90's or 391 average of the 2000's. Ouch!!!!!! A separate survey asked men to rate themselves on a scale of “completely masculine” to “completely feminine.” Only 30% of 18- 29 year olds chose “completely".

I feel like I should just order a round of appletenni's for the "guys" at this point.

Masculinity 911

Women and Masculinity

Sorry to break it to you guys but the majority of women want a REAL MAN not anouther girlfriend. If we wanted to date a woman we would. If I wanted to be around a whiny, crying, and complaining guy I'd take out my six year old nephew for the day. Did you guys lose your pride? Did a woman take your masculinity? What's the problem here? I hear that I hate men from different males on this site because of my writing's. I don't hate anything actually I love a good man I respect them.

Masculinity 911

Granted I'm talking about proud, tough, and confident men "Real Men" hot sexy men. Not the one's who act like chicks and forget they are males altogether. Masculinity is amazing not toxic and so are the few men left that still have the trait.

Masculinity 911

Thanks for reading everyone and remember,

#wowgirlRocks

Masculinity 911
31
5

Most Helpful Guys

• Oram52

Here's an alternative thought. Regardless of however we may define masculinity.

What exactly cause decline in masculinity to begin with? More importantly how can men become more masculine again, and today's societal structure even allow men to be masculine? I'm sure you've heard 'Toxic masculinity'?

From a male perspective what about women becoming more masculine and less feminine? It goes both ways.

All I am interested in is how to can men become more masculine again if society has no tolerance for it? Masculinity is berated none stop and called toxic masculinity. And by masculinity I don't mean hyper-masculinity. I mean even masculinity in modern sense, and being a gentleman.

You are absolutely correct in that women want masculine men, romance novels prove that. So why wouldn't women openly say that?

• Grond21

I agree that that is what women really want. However, it is vilified to the nth degree in our society. Men are taught that any violent tendency they have is evil. That any strength they have is evil. That the best they can do is deny themselves because they're very masculinity is toxic, and become a servant to women who should take over the world.

is it any wonder that men's testosterone is going down in an environment like this?

• Wowgirl30q

I'm putting my kid in MMA and boy scouts asap

• Grond21

Thank you! I also didn't know that you had a child

• Grond21

Thanks for the MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

429
  • aa180

If your definition of a "real" man or a "masculine" man is someone as toxic and destructive as Christian Grey, then that just goes to show what a low and distorted view of masculinity you have.

I don't know why girls perceive poor traits as attractive and positive traits as unattractive. Your gender is simply fucked in the head.

• Chief16

I agree to an extent, balls have dropped and I loathe what is becoming of some young adult men today. Millennials? Soyboys? But lemme tell you something. Some women are just as pathetic these days, they be like...

• Wowgirl30q

They are too. absolutely females have changed as well

• Wowgirl30q

@Chief16 soyboys? I think I almost peed my pants🤣🤣🤣 thank you..

• It's normal for anybody to fantasize about an extramarital partner. Some even act upon it. People of all kinds can be mediocre bastards lmao deal with it.

• GuidoThePizzaMaker

The T levels part is interesting. I think the sedentary life-style coupled with diet and poor/irregular sleeping habits causes it
    I also think public education doesn't help young men at all

Side note: MMA fighters are gay af

• Wowgirl30q

Sexy AF

• They should be fighting in a gi, not shaving their bodies, and not taking thos gay pre-fight photos where they get into each others face lol

• Wowgirl30q

I agree

• Juxtapose

I'm bisexual and display some feminine and masculine personality traits (so I've been told) but I think it's good that there is variety. I find traditional women to be boring and I'm sure there are plenty of women who find traditional men to be boring.

I do have very masculine attitudes concerning several things, especially mental fortitude and self-determination. Anytime I comment on depression I'm pretty much farming downvotes xD

• Wowgirl30q

Your my dude I like how you are

• Wowgirl30q

Same dude I'm rooting for you. In Whatever

• Wowgirl30q

Lmao farming

• GoodGuyBreakingBad

Very well written and i appreciate you sharing. Yes i agree with you
    in many aspects Women want real Men to date and be in relationship
    with some Men don't act their age they are immature and i always
    treat Women with respect and caring sure i am far from being a Saint
    but i believe all Women should be treated with kindness on this site
    but as they say there are still some good Men still left. Best Wishes :)

• Truthatanycost

If you take a look at boys and family statistics, you will see a high percentage of female influence in their lives, and / or they come from single parent families. Since Moms usually get custody... you see the female influence. For masculinity and balanced femininity in boys, they need both parents.

So you can talk about low T levels, whiny men, and a lack of quests, but I'd say the biggest threat to masculinity is single parent families.

''Single motherhood has grown so common in America that as of 2018, 11.3 million families in the US were headed by a single parent, 81% of which were headed by a female.''

''Worldwide about 17% of children ages 14 and younger live with a single parent and 88% of these single parent households are led by a single mom. ''

Then you have the female influence at schools. About 77 percent of teachers are women.

Where do boys get their male influence from? where do they get their male role models from?

Arguably, even when a kid has two parents, there will still be more female influence if the man works, due to the higher numbers of female teachers.

• Grobmate

Ohhh great take. Bravo!

I would never think that you are a man-hater by the way and I ptomise I will try not to write a chapter 😊

I think you'll find, (and this is just my opinion and conjecture), that the number of boys raised in single parent households who do not have quality access to masculine role models is a big contributing factor and certainly the statistics support this. This is also the case in schools where female teachers outnumber male teachers considerably.

Men are taught and raised to be Men. They are not born Men. They are taught how to treat and respect a Lady by a Man. They are taught how to stand up for themselves by Men.

Another contributing factor is the media ever since metro-sexuality became a thing. Then there is the socio-political climate, where they aren't allowed to be Men, or masculine.

The minority usually has the loudest voice and the feminazis have certainly poluted Men and taken their identity away. Whether it be "toxic masculinity", "manspalining", "manspreading" or the double standard in legal protection it has all damaged Men.

Again, excellent mytake.

• AdmiralBailey

It's porn. Rape also declined. It's weird but the same testosterone that gives you the courage to rape also gives normal men the courage to ask women out.
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

• Wowgirl30q

Maybe I don't know

• Oram52

We were always aware of morals that's how religions emerged. Its like saying we indiscriminately killed each other without repercussions.

• @Oram52 That's not what I'm saying. We're talking about sex. The hardline rules of consent were only recently established in the past 100 years. You could fuck a 7 year old only a hundred something years ago.

• Jackblue

I recognize that alpha male attitudes may have been good at one time (villagers needed to protect themselves from wild animals), and may still be today in the army and police force to some extent, but otherwise no. Too many alpha men (though not all) are rapists and murderers. Soon we will have robots to fight for us and we will not need the attitudes at all.

• HAHAHAH WHAT DID JUST READ.

Alpha men are rapists and murderers? I always assumed it was psychopaths and people driven to the point of desperation to become criminals. But nah bro it was alpha men.

• Wowgirl30q

@No_Sugarcoat alpha men are men beta starts with a B for a reason dude

• Wowgirl30q

Your great

• John_Doesnt

You talk about masculinity but then post pics of a bunch of gay guys. I'm guessing you mean "Macho Men"
    Masculinity 911

• Loading...
  • chris_987

The rise in feminism and porn probably helped to lower testosterone levels, because if most guys can get of at home there really isn’t any reason to chase after a girl who may or may not give you sex.

• Wowgirl30q

They are saying porn, obesity, and social factors (mental).
      You kinda nailed it sir @chris_987
      Thank you

• chris_987

I try to be cool with everyone

• Wowgirl30q

Me too

• Iloveapplepies34

Do I look masculine?

• JayParris

Hormonal imbalances can be severely affected by diet. We have this recommendation to stay away from cholesterol like it's the plague, but they don't tell us that cholesterol is the base molecule for all adrenal hormones.

No cholesterol, no Test. Which also means no estrogen for you ladies (E is made from T)

• SwordShield

Well, all of us are different. Not all of us are confident, we are all mostly in the middle.

Sometimes we might have stressful things in life and we need some motivation to overcome these things.

Sometimes we might cry.

Sometimes we get frustrated.

Sometimes we are not comfortable with something.

Remember, men are not just objects with no feelings, we can't constantly be your perfect idol.

• DaddyRollingStone

Testosterone is the physical chemical that affects basically everything you do. Low testosterone means low sex drive, higher body fat, depression, and a more submissive personality.

The reason men's testosterone in Western nations are falling yearly probably has the most to do with what we eat. How many people do you think eat processed foods everyday and never exercise? I generally like to stay somewhat active and eat somewhat healthy (not as much as I should but its a WiP) but sometimes I go through funks of bad eating and not exercising and I feel fucking terrible, it's like living in Hell. My best advice is to cook as many meals at home as you can and eat a large amount of fruit or vegetables with every meal. Red meat is good for your testosterone but it is also linked to heart disease, lean meat like Chicken and fish is better for you.

For exercise, go out and do anything. Find something you enjoy doing and make a plan to do it 2-3 times a week. I enjoy practicing MMA and weight lifting. Also I'm guessing OP likes UFC fighters.

• Jennifer_32

I understand you. Men who aren't alpha males should just do as I do and just give up.

• esotericstory

I'd rather read books on masculinity by real authorities on masculinity.

• Kiran_Yagami

Low testosterone is probably why liberal men are so violent. Hormonal imbalances make people irritable, and appropriate levels of testosterone have a calming effect on men. It doesn't make men more aggressive until it's out of balance. Idiots who have to riot or throw milk shakes on people because they lack the intellect or self restraint to argue at a civilized level could probably use a shot of testosterone or two.

• FatherJack

If women TRULY wanted masculine men back , then THEY need to take a stand against the incessant male bashing , the demonization of males , and the misandrist indoctrination in schools and " media " BS !! Has to come from women , as men , in the West at least , are not considered worthy of being listened to !!

• WhereAmI

Must be the injected hormones in the chicken. Either that or soy products.

• Wowgirl30q

This is the notification issues source part 3

• Hurdleez-Swampede

Crying doesn't make men effeminate. People who hurt cry regardless if male or female and all people don't put stick into the male and female expectations. I mean how about I write a MyTake telling women who don't always wear dresses or who wears pants that they aren't feminine and have low testosterone levels and not feminine enough due to low levels.

There is nothing masculine about men or women beating each other up. That makes you a criminal, not a man or a woman.

• Wowgirl30q

I disagree

• Oh, so in your universe, a man must be an idiotic person who resorts to blood and beating up others to show his barbaric ways?

Beating up others makes you a criminal, not a man.

• msfuntastic

Men can be whatever they want. Nobody needs to call 911 over what you want. Your opinion is really not that important.

• Wowgirl30q

Then way are you commenting to it dear? Reinforcement is reinforcement I'll take it❤️
      Now who are you? Because you speak like me know each other but... No

• Wowgirl30q

And I think you are a man because of your picture and bitterness... So get in line with the other lacking males dude

• I'm sorry, do I need to know you to respond to this? Your takes are spamming up the search bar hashtaging your own account name like you're something special. That's how I ended up here, and unfortunately lost a few brain cells.

• laeryn1029

I think it has a lot to do with personality. Kpop boys look pretty girly but for some reason still have a masculine vibe around them, I think thats why they can get away with looking more feminine.

• Someguynamedbob

Ahh another WOMAN who thinks she has a say in criticising masculinity, but in reality she just hates men and uses masculinity and probobly other buzzwords like patriarchy too hide her man hating

• Wowgirl30q

I love men just not ones that act like girls

• Spoopy_Alien

I agree with this. I definitely find highly masculine men WAY more aesthetically pleasing than average/cuckish men. There is no shame in a woman having high standards.

• Hannajenky

That study is weird, the lowest levels are in 57-80 year olds, really old men... the other two have younger men. It doesn’t prove anything

• monkeynutts

We should all be wrestling naked like the Greeks did, they were unfortunately bumming each other too, but they were still very manly as well.

• kespethdude

Alpha Males are 100% more likely to abuse their women. Fact. But I suppose you don't care about that either. Enjoy being blocked.

• Pejtu

After reading all that i admit u got some brain damage

• buttcrackjoe

Perhaps it’s because most men are lethargic, consumed with lazy entertainment or caught up with adulting in a doldrum job. Our diet is garbage these days and most men do not work out or take care of their bodies. We drive everywhere now, we do not conquer other nations with our muscles and gristle we use machines and buttons instead. I appreciate a woman who does not splurge the “gray area genders” and appreciates the nature of a manly man.

• gorman24

You are definitely not wrong there. Sadly the way society is any form of it can destroy you. One of the last dates I was on I pulled out the chair for her and I got an ugly reaction for it. Also when you start to show any signs of masculinity it is referred to as toxic. My pride isn't gone thankfully. I just channel it into other things. I am a 4th Dan in judo and have recently been branching out into different types of martial arts. Hiking and tent camping. Other things that I can do to not lose any of what I have of myself. While women love a masculine man it is still highly probable you will run into someone who doesn't appreciate it. Its a sad truth but masculinity is slowly dying out.

• Liam_Hayden

I see nothing wrong with voicing expectations and requirements.

• Secretgardenblood

Good take