Men's Attention: Valuable and Humbly Appreciated OR Worthless?

Yads_Is_Back

I've seen a few posts about this by separate users the past week or two. So let's get it straight.

Is male attention worthless?

Guys, do you think modern women's dating standards are too high?

Is his attention to a woman valuable? It depends on the man and how he sees her.

If he's a man looking at me, asking me out just because I'm another pretty girl (of which there millions) that's WORTHLESS. I'll add him to the list of 3 billion other guys who also like pretty women. No value in that at all. I have self-esteem and self-respect, so I don't need his opinion on that, especially when his opinion is worthless. Do we appreciate the compliments? Sure. But let's be real, we hear it every day. You are no different from every other guy who says it. You shouldn't expect a woman with any self-esteem to value attention you give to everybody. Think of it like supply and demand. Not valuable.

not valuable
not valuable

If he's a man looking at me, asking me out because he likes who I am and he sees the value in me, now we have a good situation :) Now we have a situation where it is to be appreciated, to feel humble about it because nobody says he has to love me for who I am. This kind of attention is valued and appreciated. This is the kind of attention that is flattering, that DOES make me want to go out with a guy. When he likes you for you! Because... how many does he like for who they are? Supply and demand - now we're getting somewhere.

Mens Attention: Valuable and Humbly Appreciated OR Worthless?

Big difference! Short take but I think it was needed. Guys, #takenotes

18
4

Most Helpful Girl

• Elsa143
    Honestly it's worthless because majority of them are literally happy with any hot woman they can get. If they're giving me attention without knowing me then have also given attention to majority of girls.
    But it's also VALUABLE and accepted when he's being genuine and has good intentions.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I'm very blunt and I'll keep it 100 with people who I'm intrested in or dating
    Is this still revelant?
    • Then a woman who gets your attention is fortunate

• But then I get criticized just because I don't like certain things that majority of people like

• Well everybody gets that for something. But the honesty is what makes you worth it

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

317
  • RolandCuthbert
    Why in the world is that a "liberal" notion? This is GaG, where males routinely claim they are victimized, beaten up and raped by women.

Its like you guys are claiming something is liberal based upon political argument you wish to have at the time.
    • Where did the politics come in? lol

• Haha!!!

So the term liberal isn't political?

Is it a reference to gender?

GTFOH!!!

• I’m trying to find where you’re talking about. The word isn’t mentioned in the take. Maybe you have a problem reading? 🤣lol

• Great take, but if I may add.. Compliments that work: you're beautiful, I like the way you think, you're a great person, etc...
    Compliments that are cringe: dang dog she got think thighs 🙄 your thighs making me thirsty, (yes dude really said that to me 🙄)🙄 Nice tits...
    • Yeah. Compliments like "you're beautiful" and such as those are appreciated. (unless he says it to everybody he sees) But I think you get the general idea of what I'm trying to say.

• Yes I do

• Texaskid1
    A women wants attention from the right kind of man.

If Texaskid1 the fugly bus driver who brings in enough to just pay rent makes a pass then it is sexual harrasment.

If Texaskid1 the tall, handsome stud with some coin makes a pass- then those panties are comining off in 5 minutes or less.

Women will deny it until their dying but every women reading this knows it's true.
    • No it’s not, but I won’t argue it. Most guys who believe these things - even when seeing a situation that proves them wrong - refuse to see what’s right. I’m just gonna assume you’re one of them and not debate it with you.

• Texaskid1

OK... muchacha bonita❤

• Gracias ☺️

• FatherJack
    I am doing women a favour... by totally ignoring them !! No wonder so many women have a negative view of men , the amount of groveling , thirsty simps must irritate them. It also does men no favours either , it inflates many women's egos too much & reinforces an arrogant , conceited attitude.
    • In that case, a woman would be fortunate to get your attention!

• lucas262
    Iv asked people, why would I date a complete stranger? Lots of people look good Lotta people are bad on the inside and look good outside one a wrapped turd.

I can't say I particularly like many people certainly don't want them around me constantly iv never met a woman that made me feel good or happy or wanted any part in my life and if I did now itd feel fake like what do you want?

Honestly people have given me far more respect when I didn't chase them.

A cute face is no longer enough and tbh many a pretty face is covered in fake up and they don't even believe they're this amazingly sexy pedestal woman.

I keep my time, money attention and validation for the ones who deserve it most.

I got attached to my sisters bfs I welcomed them as I did with my friends girlfriend and my brothers girlfriend most of those people did the people i care about dirty I invested in them could have been friends but now I can't forget even if my friends and family took them back ill never trust them.

I mean thats just good advise for anyone to hold you heart and your resources like your cards close to your chest.
  • Jjpayne
    I think that's very important! Sexual attaction vs personality attraction. I think the lesson here is, if you think a girl is attactive, get to know her and then you can start to enjoy her for both rather than just simple physical attraction. This is a good mindset to have! Thank you!
  • TeeBar
    If a girl is obviously beautiful then she knows it and it affects the way she reacts to male attention. Over time she will become arrogant and snotty, distaining the looks of appreciation she receives from males and females alike. Most guys are respectful and polite when approaching a female they like and it seems logical that she would feel comfortable with his behaviour. That said, I have difficulty in understanding the question "Is male attention worthless?". Without attention, how would a girl react to such indifference? She would likely become self-doubting and neurotic: "What is wrong with me?", so being noticed by males is a large part of her self-esteem. Hence the attention men display is of critical importance.
    • A lot of that is backwards, especially from a female point of view. But okay

• cjgsu
    Gurrl, you said it perfectly 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

yes we like compliments but put some value behind it or like you said ya get lost with all the others we get, say something to make you stand out
  • Tstrbrainer
    Yeah that's true, there's a really big difference between those two types of attention.
    The second one is unique and special.

The first type is natural, but the valuable attention sometimes require some time to get to know each other. I don't know how it works for love at first sight.

By the way, did I see myself in that cop? 😂😂😂
  • I-C3_ME
    I get your point, personally i just ask any girl out that only remotely looks like we'd have fun. A couple pleasant conversations where we laughed abunch? That's a girl i might ask out, to me a date is to really see their values and what makes them stand out.

My point is, i might be more flexible with who i go on a date on BUT I'm not that flexible with women where i go on dates on
  • Everybody's attention is worthless unless there's something to be gained from it.
  • bklynbadboy1
    Wow I'm impressed. You really have a good understanding of guys and how we work
    • Guys are simple. Who doesn't understand them?

• Well most girls on here act like we're so complicated so I thought we were

• In some ways you are. But overall I think your motives are easy to read.

• pizzalovershouse
    Yah some things still haven't changed yet like guys like to say yourchot instead of you look pretty or nice
  • Smegskull
    I'd guess from the popularity of instagram it's pretty damn valuable. However with the internet it's also abundant.
  • KittyMilk
    True you never know in life that was a good read but remember sometimes the most beautiful ones be the ugliest
  • Bang5luts
    Very good point of view! Thank you for sharing what is valuable attention and which is not!
  • Gwenhwyfar
    Yes!!!
  • Anonymous
    "how many does he like for who they are?"
    Tonnes.
    It's not that hard to come by at all. Problem is that the majority of these case will be filed under the "just regular pretty girl interest". There's a big difference between you accepting guys that are actually into you for you, and how many there actually are.

I wonder, did you consider men's perspective when brushing off compliments as everyday things?
    • Compliments don’t really tell us if he’s interested in us as a person or if he just likes how we appear. I mean, some are more obvious, but it can’t be counted on.
      So I don’t brush them off at first, don’t take them for granted. But if I reject him and the next day he’s hitting on somebody else, I’m glad I rejected him and he was not worth my time. That’s just an example, there are other cues that he’s not serious. Nothing is to be taken for granted. I think you get the idea.

• Anonymous

"But if I reject him and the next day he’s hitting on somebody else, I’m glad I rejected him and he was not worth my time."
      That's not a cue that he's not serious though.
      My point is that you *interpret* it that way way more often than it's actually true. Again, I wonder if you considered men's perspective there.

• Well I don’t KNOW a man’s perspective since I’m not a man, but yes it shows that he wasn’t serious. When you love someone, have a crush, etc. it doesn’t go away in one day.

• Anonymous
    The question is like asking whether caviar is worthless. It is to those who don't like it, but has varying to those who do, depending on how much they appreciate it. To attractive women who have always received a lot of male attention, it has less value because they take it for granted. For women who are not used to getting a lot of male attention, it is much more appreciated and welcome.

As they say, hunger s the best pickle.
    • Ehh, to an extent that’s true. However, it’s not always taken for granted (I don’t) BUT I think it’s more dependent on the guy and not the girl

• Anonymous

How would you know if you've never "gone hungry" a day in your life? You don't look like someone who has ever been starved for male attention. I mean, I do understand that guys can be annoying and even threatening in the attention they give to women, but how you perceive it is based on your own experiences, and other women no doubt perceive it differently based on theirs.

I say all this based mostly on a single conversation I was involved in with a group of women who were at varying points on the attractiveness scale, and it seemed pretty clear that the more attractive ones really didn't understand or appreciate the experiences of the less attractive ones. It was only one conversation and there were only 8 or 9 women involved so I realize it was a very small sample, but it seems pretty intuitive to me.

• Good point. What makes me different on that is that I was raised traditionally. I was literally taught that I’m supposed to appreciate my man and always submit to him and that I’m not to take a man’s interest, desire, or instinct for granted. It’s just how I grew up, and I’m proud of it.

• Anonymous
    I don't think so. Women pay attention to wealth, height, and physical attractiveness. Without those things, men are basically worthless to them. ALL of those things.
    • Then explain all the relationships where the man doesn’t have those things.
      That’s an old invalid argument. Old as dirt.

• Anonymous

Those things are relative, of course. Also, a man might have them, then lose them.