Dumper acting cold and distant?

We dated, he was hesitant to because he was suffering with depression, but he decided to date me so I guess he must have liked me.

He broke up with me due to his depression and a lack of energy for anything, and knew he was hurting me.

Now he acts so cold and distant towards me, he can't look at me, can't properly acknowledge me, and will avoid all contact with me.

Why is he doing this? I haven't done anything to hurt him and I care about him so much.
Please no answers like 'he's your ex, move on.'
I am, i'm just trying to work out what's going on in his head.

11