Why are guys against wearing skirts? Isn't a skirt technically just a piece of fabric? Why is it wrong for guys to wear a skirt?

I am wondering not because I am so deeply interested in wearing skirts, but because I feel like the only reason I am against the idea of me wearing a skirt is because of peer pressure!

Knowing that by wearing skirts, some people would legitimately murder you on the streets. Why is this normal? I don't know, lol.

Anyways, why are males against males wearing skirts? What is it about skirts that is so wrong that people would murder others for wearing a skirt?

(Although technically, I mostly just found articles about Muslims murdering women for wearing miniskirts and short skirts, in some cases by their own father or brother
www.ibtimes.co.uk/israel-ultra-orthodox-man-attacks-woman-wearing-short-skirt-calls-her-prostitute-1442299 )

But I am pretty sure these people would be eager to kill a guy in a miniskirt if they saw one, heh.
Beep beep beep I hope to see more answers beep beep beep

1018

Most Helpful Girl

• Like this just proves how fucked up humans are. They literally kill each other because they think a piece of fabric is offensive. Dumb fucks. :P

• Then there's scotland...
      Where the man wears knee socks, skirt (kilt), and purses (sporran) XD

Most Helpful Guy

• History is a funny things. Romans used to wear skirts - even the legionaries did, but then women, wanting to be respected the way men were, started imitating men by wearing traditionally masculine skirts. Eventually men began associating skirts with the feminine and stopped wearing them and just began doing it like the Northern barbarians did by wearing pants.
    Much later in the colonial era, high heels were a symbol of male aristocracy. But, again, women wanted to be more masculine so they started wearing heels as well. And again, men began associating high-heels with women's wear and in their desire to NOT be feminine and preserve their masculinity and dignity, they stopped wearing high heels.
    Trends like this go on even today what with women wearing jeans and cutting their hair short - and look, surprise, surprise, Hollywood is endorsing long hair cuts for men. So, maybe women will start wearing suits to look like men and men will wear something else to not look like women.

• Roflmao, if that's actually true, then our society is retarded.

• @Xonen well that makes a lot more sense because the Huns invaded during Roman times, long before the Mongols.

• Yeah, my bad! I always seem to mix up the Mongols and the Huns