Why are guys against wearing skirts? Isn't a skirt technically just a piece of fabric? Why is it wrong for guys to wear a skirt?

I am wondering not because I am so deeply interested in wearing skirts, but because I feel like the only reason I am against the idea of me wearing a skirt is because of peer pressure!

Knowing that by wearing skirts, some people would legitimately murder you on the streets. Why is this normal? I don't know, lol.

Anyways, why are males against males wearing skirts? What is it about skirts that is so wrong that people would murder others for wearing a skirt?

(Although technically, I mostly just found articles about Muslims murdering women for wearing miniskirts and short skirts, in some cases by their own father or brother
www.ibtimes.co.uk/israel-ultra-orthodox-man-attacks-woman-wearing-short-skirt-calls-her-prostitute-1442299 )

But I am pretty sure these people would be eager to kill a guy in a miniskirt if they saw one, heh.
Updates:
Beep beep beep I hope to see more answers beep beep beep

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Like this just proves how fucked up humans are. They literally kill each other because they think a piece of fabric is offensive. Dumb fucks. :P

3|5
    0|1
    • Then there's scotland...
      Where the man wears knee socks, skirt (kilt), and purses (sporran) XD

Most Helpful Guy

• History is a funny things. Romans used to wear skirts - even the legionaries did, but then women, wanting to be respected the way men were, started imitating men by wearing traditionally masculine skirts. Eventually men began associating skirts with the feminine and stopped wearing them and just began doing it like the Northern barbarians did by wearing pants.
    Much later in the colonial era, high heels were a symbol of male aristocracy. But, again, women wanted to be more masculine so they started wearing heels as well. And again, men began associating high-heels with women's wear and in their desire to NOT be feminine and preserve their masculinity and dignity, they stopped wearing high heels.
    Trends like this go on even today what with women wearing jeans and cutting their hair short - and look, surprise, surprise, Hollywood is endorsing long hair cuts for men. So, maybe women will start wearing suits to look like men and men will wear something else to not look like women.

3|4
    0|0
    • Roflmao, if that's actually true, then our society is retarded.

• Show All
    • @Xonen well that makes a lot more sense because the Huns invaded during Roman times, long before the Mongols.

• Yeah, my bad! I always seem to mix up the Mongols and the Huns

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Society, stereotypes, history, personal beliefs. Humans are weird, complicated pieces of shit sometimes.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think the type of people who would judge you to death (literally) for disobeying this "rule" is in my opinion actually quite simple. They just think this is excessively wrong to do for whatever reason (cultural indoctrination!) And don't even bother to ask what is wrong with it and why they are supposed to hate it. They just do. It is easier to just accept things than think about them, that is why so many people have a religion chosen for them and they never even bother with seeing alternatives, after all.

• Show All
    • I tend to just say that the average IQ is 100 for a reason instead of like, you know, 120

And the reason behind that is because those who have an IQ over 120 actually see having kids as something that takes away from their time, rather than just blindly go for it. It's disappointing, really - but intelligence prevents us from passing on these genes in our current society revolving around extortion.

The reason why the world kinda sucks is because the dumbest are the loudest and therefore most heard, unfortunately :p

• religion, i hate religion, that's why i turn away from man made tradition (religion) and have eternal life through the Lord Jesus Christ. i invite all of you to have the same free gift as i have (if you don't) all's needed is sincere faith. (confessing it to the Lord just makes it easier)

• Do what you want dude, people who really care about you shouldn't care about how you dress. Maybe wearing a skirt will show you who your true friends are!

0|3
    0|0
  • Erm kilts and sarongs are worn by men, ok not very often but they are.

I don't know but I feel for you guys, I'm always in skirts and dresses, so much more comfortable than trousers!

1|1
    0|0
    • Same here. I wear nothing but skirts and dresses.
      And I get yelled at by friends and family members, saying its time to leave the dark ages behind and start wearing pants.

• It's a silly society. The cultural norms for men and women differ. Whether you want to obey these norms or not and celebrate the taboo is up to you.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because people are judgey. Wear whatever the hell you want. Air yourself out...

0|2
    0|0
  • It's airy down there, and makes your genitals show with the slightest blow of the wind. Guys are smart, no wonder they don't wanna wear it.

0|0
    0|2
  • Because maybe if they had errections then it would show a lot? Lol :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's what girls wear.

0|0
    0|2
  • i guess it's.. a cultural phenomenon

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Come over here to Scotland! We're allowed to wear skirts, but we call them kilts. :D

rubypjohnson.files.wordpress.com/.../...-kilt4.jpg

2|1
    0|0
  • real men wear skirts dude...

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../headbangers.jpg

1|2
    0|0
  • I'd wear a skirt for money man i'm pretty cool like that for money or a dare i'd do just about anything. I can be a lot of fun but on the outside I seem boring people need to give me a chance in life bruh. I make them laugh cause they can't embarrass themselves like I can haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I have worn a skirt in public and I did get some looks good and bad but I'm proud to be a regular guy and I have a right to wear what I want to

0|2
    0|0
    • "... God resisteth the proud but giveth grace unto the humble." (james 4:6)

• They do it in Scotland all the time. And I've seen it here as well at random times.

While I don't think you'd actually get murdered, I'm certain it raises your overall level of possible harassment in urban areas.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not a female but i will say this, men really should just wear long peasant skirts because they are so comfy and it doesn't make you look like a sodomite (for those who don't know, it's what the word of God calls sexes who are sexually attracted to the same sex. and it is the king james bible, NOT the satanic "modern" counterfeits that came from the vatican)

but back to the topic, men wearing skirts is really not a new
    revelation, men wore skirts for a vary long time way back.
    it's only around here in America where the stereotype survives and thrives that skirts are women's garments. men in other cultures would strongly differ on that
    (btw i speak about how long peasant skirts feel from experience)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that I find it bothersome or disapprove of it, but don't you ever get tired of questioning societal constructs? Just curious :p

0|0
    0|0
  • The only skirt I would wear is a kilt, besides that I would rather not, women would think I am a transgender.

1|0
    1|0
  • I would rock a skirt. I like them. I think they are awesomely cool.

But I would need a reason to wear one. Besides Halloween or costume party.

0|0
    0|0
  • A thong is a piece of fabric. So is a bra. Wouldn't wear those would you? Some things need to be left alone

0|0
    0|0
  • Guuys should wear what they want. Skirts are just clothing and clothing has no gender. I love wearing skirts, so comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's just related with culture and fashion, this changes in each era, I don't think it has nothing to do with gender or anything... just with what's considered "normal", at any given time by some culture. Another matter is, when religion gets mixed up with this... then, nasty things tend to happen; but the funniest part of it is, that they don't consider their robes to be "wrong" at all XD, you just need to see a christian priest or bishop, or a muslim iman, etc.. judging everybody, except themselves XD

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know its just weird if you want to do it just order one and wear it in your room lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever heard of a kilt?

1|0
    0|0
    • Well yes, but that's limited by location, and honestly, do you see people wearing kilts everyday in the USA?

• Everyday? No.
      But I do have friends who wear kilts regularly and I've considered it myself.

• If you have to ask... you can't understand.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's called a kilt, laddie.

0|0
    0|0
    • But only in Scotland!

• Haha, not entirely true. One of my good buddies is a bad ass mother fucker and he wears a kilt any time he can find a reason to.

"What? It's hot outside."
      "Hey, man, it's saint paddy's day."
      "Well, since I was going commando anyway. . ."

You get the idea.

• so you have a bad donkey that fornicates with mamas? which is your buddy? so it's so bad it make female want to do bestiality with it? or it raping them? kill it. if it's cause women to lust after it. or it raping them, it must die. how do you even get a donkey to wear a kilt?
      and how does a donkey even rape a woman?

Recommended myTakes