Why is my boyfriend following slutty girls on instagram?

My boyfriend and I have been living together almost 6 months now and he claims he does want to get married in the future. He also has a lot of female friends / aquantences which is not an issue for me. What I dont understand is why if some of his female friends are always posting nude/provacative photos on instagram why he feels the need or desire to follow them? Facebook is a different thing because thats not what its about but instagrams whole point is to see others photos. Why if he is serious about us and knows that it bothers me for him to see his female friends in that way does he continue to do it? Does it mean he is interested in them? Should it raise concern? I dont usually care if he hangs out with his female friends when im not around but the ones that I know are posting these pics always makes me uncomfortable when they do because I know he has seen them in this way. Is that normal?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• its just IG, don't break a leg. its only a big of a deal as you make it. how many cases have you heard of a guy who dumped his gf because he was following a hot IG user? probably none. do not look for a problem where there is none and you aren't the only one experiencing this.

• It's not the following alone as much of the fact he hangs out with them and follows them. Guess I'm just overreacting.. just was thinking if he is tempted by these pics when he sees them in person how he acts.

• well I've never seen a guy leave a girl because of social media and hanging out with friends, its usually the girl thats also hitting on him at the same time.

Most Helpful Girl

• How provocative are the pictures? I don't know anyone who posts nude photos or half-naked pictures on Instagram. I know a lot of women post selfies on there but the ones I've seen don't post anything too revealing. Maybe your boyfriend's female friends are different, I've just never seen women post pictures like that on Instagram.

But anyway, if it bothers you, you should definitely tell him and ask him why he follows them if all they do is post provocative pictures. I can understand how that would upset you. I do think you should remember though that just because he may follow these girls on Instagram doesn't mean he sees everything they post or follows them JUST to see these types of pictures. My point is, perhaps it's really not a big deal to him so it may be difficult for him to understand where you're coming from.

So, I think you should just calmly approach him about the topic, don't come at him in an accusatory way because that will just make him get defensive. Just talk to him in a mature way and hopefully he will understand and you can come to some sort of compromise or agreement.

• Well obviously you have never looked at Carly r bel's insta and she isn't even the worst one... Just one of the many girls that show whatever they want... Same with her snaps...