Your Body is Not an Apology.

Anonymous

We don't like what we see in the mirror- big shocker there- and the heights we are willing to go and the limits we daringly challenge to get that perfect figure sometimes destroy an already perfect body without us knowing.

Your Body is Not an Apology.

We set impossible goals for ourselves, unrealistic mindsets, leading us into eating disorders, obesity, cosmetic surgeries and depression. With technology at its highest peak and still growing, the outside world, along with physical activities, is long forgotten by many and 'shedding a few pounds' go beyond lacing up sneakers to diets where food is almost non-existent and surgeries that are done to remove excess fat.

Obesity.

Your Body is Not an Apology.

We eat ourselves sick to the point of near death with the amount of food we consume and the conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, some cancers and hypertension associated with obesity.

Rates of obesity have increased dramatically in recent decades for americans of all ages, according to the Centers for Disease control and prevention (CDC).

Overall, nearly one third of children and adolescents are overweight or obese.

Obesity is an excessive accumilation of body fat. It is a common eating disorder and studies suggest that overweight children are most likely to be involved in bullying- both as victims and perpetrators.

Cosmetic Surgeries.

According to the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPS), more than 236,000 cosmetic procedures were performed on patients 19 and younger in 2012.

We are way pass the point of accepting imperfections when society creates the picture perfect ideal of what we should be. Self image and self confidence impoves when percieved physical short comings are corrected- either for yourself or others, to fit in and not stand out.

Depression.

Your Body is Not an Apology.

This is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Studies show that at least 90% of teens who kill themselves have some type of mental health problem such as depression, anxiety, drug or alcohol use or a behavioral problem.

Factors which contribute to the onset of depression includes genetics, changes in hormone levels, certain medical conditions, stress, grief or difficult life circumstances.

Your body is yours. Yours to keep, yours to enjoy, so stop apologising!

Your Body is Not an Apology.
Your Body is Not an Apology.
3
1

Most Helpful Guy

• Conservative89s
    Finally !!!
    Someone said it like the way it is.

I really don't get the self destruction with all these bad habits and expecting us to say : yea !!! its normal... no one will judge you if you die from obesity !
    I'm sick of the movements that encourage addiction, self pity or bad habits that is far away from the facts.
    there are even groups ( fat acceptance movements ) that say exercising is not healthy ! lol

Thank you for this wonderful take.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Caaarl

I didn't get that at all. It seems like a positivity piece that anything is fine just because it's yours. That's just not true. People should take care of themselves.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

12
  • Immortal_God_King
    Holy shit... a chick... with logic... and about obesity no less!

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

I'd say spot on, but there's a flaw in your scheme, provided your scheme is to convince those who make such shitty choices of the veracity of your statements.

That flaw would be what's known in darker corners of the fatpocalypse despising internet as: fatlogic.

You will never get it past their fat heads. Now, with all the body positivity bullshit and feminism having made fat acceptance the pet project of their society destroying movement, people are bombarded daily with reassurances and justifications and excuses to be the horrible gelatinous blobs of former humans that they are.

Personally, I simply take heart in the fact that their lives will be shorter and far more miserable. I mean, yeah, it sucks that as a taxpayer I have to foot the bill for their shitty decisions. But there's a flip side: they don't live long enough by and large (huhu) to collect social security, so there is a bit of a trade off that I think kind of balances what they cost the taxpayer to make it about even. That fact and the fact that they suffer for their stupidity keeps me warm at night, since I can't find a woman who weighs what the hell she ought to weigh to save my life to do it instead.
  • Margillard
    ... and that's why men are opting out of long term relationships with women.
    www.foxnews.com/.../why-men-wont-marry.html
    • If that's not true I don't know what is. My body is perfect so I'm not trippin

• NatashaBeauty
    Body positivity is just another excuse to be fat. Thats pretty much it.