hey so I've been trying to lose weight and started going on a mostly vegan non gluten diet. if I do eat meat I tend to eat mostly gilled meats because I just can't stomach anything boiled... that boiled chicken breast is for my Dog... I'm tired of salad, veggie wraps and vegan chilli. if you could recommend some cheap clean easy recipes. I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking to lose 20 pounds. I gained in school. I'm 5"5 and 150lbs. If anyone recommends banana "pancake" I will down vote you... :P
Most Helpful Opinions
diets are bullshit... u just need carb protein and fat...60 percent protein 20 percent for carb and ten percent fat... cake are bad,,,,,,,,,, lets be realistic
exercise daily is the main thing run or walk and only consume water not softdrinks1
What Girls & Guys Said
The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!
Click "Show More" for your mentions
Most Helpful Opinion(mho) Rate.
Most Helpful Opinions
Hmm. Vegan actually makes it harder because grilled meat is actually an excellent thing to eat for weight loss.
- a good protein shake for earlier in the day that's fairly easy to digest is a mixture of egg whites (use pasteurized ones in a carton), plain greek yogurt and some fruit.
- very limited simple refined carbs. And if you're going to eat them, earlier in the day is better than late in the day.
- Fish/shellfish are extremely good during weight loss if you like either. Some people forget that shrimp is health food. An electric steamer is useful when trying to eat really clean dinners, you can throw fish or seafood in one layer and some fresh vegetables in the other, and have dinner in 10-15 minutes.
- I personally eat some complex carbs mid day. The ones I eat most are a quinoa salad and a bean salad I make. But if I weren't training as hard as I am, I'd eat -less- of those things and more just protein/vegetables at lunch. I could give you my recipes on those if you want though.
- I eat a fair bit of healthy fat. If you're not eating garbage, imho, you probably don't need to worry much about natural fats in healthy foods. I eat a bit of (good, flavorful) cheese, 1/2 an avocado, nuts etc. every day.
- If my family is eating food that's outside of what i can eat health wise for dinner, i throw together an omelette for dinner. I usually make it with onions/tomatoes/cheese. Cook the onions till clear first. Use lots of butter. You will not get fat eating an omelette and salad because you used butter in the pan. Swiss cheese goes well with onions.