Am I ugly, How do I not be ugly?*How to be your own version of beautiful*

Hey people, I see a lot of young people & people my age & even older on GAG ask if they're ugly/why they're called ugly. What to do & why nobody wants them or find them beautiful.

So here's my experience & a few tips:

Why don't I look like that girl/guy on insta & in music videos?

You know they say it's fake..well guess what, It really is. No one looks like that naturally. Yes they look flawless because of makeup, lighting, carefully thought out poses & most have had plastic surgery (I promise you, Most instagram 'stars' have had work done).Not all..but most.

-Below is my point on poses, lighting etc..

Other people..If they say I'm ugly then I must be?

No..Just no. This is more to the younger folks out there. Every single teenager/young person is insecure..(Every single one..Yes, Even that girl that posts pictures galore & surrounded by guys & her band of clone followers). Have a look at why she dresses the same as everyone else..yes, she's wearing that super cool, stupid Kylie trend. BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO FIT IN & be accepted. And has probably put down the guy/girl who dresses differently &doesn't follow the trends & doesn't contour. It makes them feel better by putting others down. She is just as insecure as you but masks it by doing everything that is deemed ' beautiful' at the moment/current trends.

The beauty industry..Why is it such a big deal to be beautiful in today's standards?

Its just that..standards. This is how they make the ££££s.

The beauty industry is a multi billion £ industry & thrives on letting people think they need to buy this, primp that to be what 'the beautiful standard is'. Notice how beauty has changed over the years. yes, because it's a trend. Trends change & bands of sheep like people follow these beauty trends.

But what do you know? You don't know how I'm feeling..

A bit about why I'm writing this first.. I'm 5'6 and now 26 years old. I always wanted to be more petite/skinnier naturally as a teenager.

I had an eating disorder for years as a teenager & scouted out as a model at the peak of my skinniest. Was told how beautiful I was in front of cameras etc & had money thrown at me..For years I believed I must be that thin to be beautiful.

I was wrong...The industry was wrong, While I fainted from lack of nutrition, spent hours in make-up & had a director tell me how to slightly angle so he got the perfect shot. I saw girls look at my pictures & say 'wow, I wish I looked like you'.. It made me feel sick to my stomach. I quit and got healthy (I promise you..It's a lie).

Now as an adult..I have quite a muscular physique & very curvy thighs/butt. Even now as an adult sometimes I think ' why can't my arms be skinny & dainty. Why can't I have a thigh gap'

..And then I think screw that..I'm bloody amazing..Have goals & dreams and my head screwed on. People like me, Not just like to look at me. I have so much more to offer the world than beauty.

There's more to life than beauty ( What is beautiful about an ignorant state of mind & empty head?) And beauty fades too. You attitude, goals & personality doesn't.

What can I do for me? Can I change it? what do I do?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It really is...Enhance your beautiful features..Not cover. ( Your eyes, your glossy hair, your shapely figure).

Get your hair done in a different style (One you like and want to try).

Get those high waisted jeans to show off those shapely curves.

Wear that shirt that conpliments your bright blue eyes.

Find your own style..Start small with a jacket you like and colours you like & build on that (Find your individual style identity).

Do not hide..hiding also makes you more of a target for criticism.

Be who you are..You are the product of your parents heritage, culture & features..Show that s*** off.

P.S...

Looking at the TOWIE culture. Yes, they're primped & tanned & 'beautiful' by the current standards. But that's it, They're 'beautiful', That is all they have to offer the world... That doesn't last and do you really want to be just a 'beautiful' clone.. Be you, that's so much more valuable x

1124

Most Helpful Guy

• To me , perfect health equals perfect beauty. Eat well sleep well , live well. Be your own self , enjoy life and pass your best genes to your future generation. Our sexual health and beauty is for the good of our future generation. Bear healthy children and make our future generation healthy. Whatever you have in your looks is a natural thing. Consider that beautiful and be happy.

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• For the first gal, I'd suggest not wearing outfits like that for starters. Second, a diet of sushi, lobster bisque, kombucha, stir-fry veggies, and other health foods would help. (But not Slim Fast! Slim Fast is a scam!)

Then, I'd suggest plenty of exercise.

Then, get rid of those obscene tattoos. Laser them off.

And get rid of the makeup. Wear her hair shorter. Show off something other than herself on Instagram. Be real in person. Fear neither talking to the echelons nor the dregs, but maintain a sense of class in either setting.

Wear jeans. Not torn and ratty, but not fashion top of the line either. A flannel shirt, or whatever is weather-appropriate.

Bam! She''ll look and feel better immediately, and not require any plastic surgery nor million-dollar Hollywood makeovers.

Just some discipline and common sense.

• I swear... Guys really are dumb and ignorant. For the last time it was an example. I did not ask for your opinion what she looks like.. read the words. obviously your a sheep who follows all these other guys comments.. done with ignorant guys x

• I was explaining how it doesn't take an Olympic feat to make her attractive. She simply needs to clean herself up. Trashy makeup and tattoos make even pretty girls look like disgusting pigs.

• Face wise.. I think the Instagram girl looks better in the second half of the pic.. Lol.. And the 1950's woman has a nice body shape.. But yeah you are definitely right... The beauty industry thrives off of people's insecures... Nice take..

• scatting yourself in tattoos just comes off trashy and unattractive no matter how your body looks. I actually like the 1950's girl

• What's this about tattoos? quite a broad comment to make. Where has that come from? And why do you feel this way?

• You want opinions or to be peppered in agreement. Don't ask if you can't handle it

• I didn't ask.. stupid. Do they not teach kids how to read in schools anymore

• i commend you for the efforts to advise self improvement

i damn you for saying a thin girl needs a muffin, to which point you lost all credibility

• That girl in the picture is actually a porn star that is not from the 1950's lol.
    Here's an example of 1950's standards
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2a2006362e.jpg

• her thighs and arms are definitely too fat for that era.

• Well to be fair the first girl you posted is kinda ugly in both pics sorry.

I'm gonna tell you I'm pretty old and I've always been called ugly and too skinny. I got friends tall as trees, buff and faces that girls just love. Sadly this whole "everyone is beautiful" speeches will never work.

Being good looking is great. Beauty is NOT in the eye of the beholder. For example fit people WILL ALWAYS be better looking than fat people or skinny people that's just natural

Better genes = better life. PERIOD

• I disagre.. For instance it happens soo frequently that some of my friends are admiring how hot a guy is and whatever and me and other friends just don't see the appeal at all.. Allso I must say I've known people who prefered guys with bellies, cause they though it was cute, and me personally, I have a preference for thick girls (including some belly, not just thighs and hips).. So beauty is subjective.

• @NightKitty I've never seen these mythical creatures that don't go for looks

• I didn't say they didn't go for looks.. Just that preferences in looks vary a lot

• Wait, what's the point of the b&W pic? Are people seriously trying to say that girl looks bad?

• I find the girl with tattoos to be unattractive, Not a fan of tattoos on a girl.

• Who the hell wants a thigh gap? and more importantly.. why? lol

• That 1950s pic is hot as fuck... okk so I wouldn't mind if a girl had that body

• I'm sick of that 1950's photo of a chubby chick.

• that 1950s chick is smoking hawt

• I cannot see past the tattoos.
    I loathe tattoos, especially on a woman.

• Tattoos on a girl = gross. The 2nd one just adds fat to the tattoos.

• First of all, that first girl is ugly in both pictures. Secondly, that second girl is Aria Giovanni, a pornstar born in the 70s... Nice try.

• she looks good in both images, the only problems that i find:the color of skin, the tattoos, the eyebrows, and she is a little bit fat

• Her skin looks discolored? I did pick up on that, but it might be the lighting. Her eyebrows and make-up look awful. Otherwise she would look fine.

• I think you're hot

• that 1950s standard,,, hnnnnnnnnnngggggggg!!!

• You are a cake

• fine

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 10

• Bruh, ship be back to the 1950's, I'm ready to slay (except I'm half black... oh wait..)
    What's weird is I think the face of the second face in the "instagram vs reality" pic is prettier (better pose) I get she's heavier, but I think if she was wearing something better fitting, she would be prettier that way than in the first pic.
    I think it's about presenting the best you forward and falling into these stupid trends (instagram is a self confidence booster, but it's totally impossible to not stalk pretty women "omg, she's so pretty. How does she do that? wowww. Goals" the best thing is to step back and put effort into yourself :)

• I completely agree with creating your own beautiful. Everyone gets so caught up in what other peoples definition of "beautiful" is, but in reality, you're you. You can't change that. You can put make-up on but that only hides your insecurities, not get rid of them. You have to become happy in your own skin. Be you. You're beautiful.

• Every decade has a standard of what beauty is - as applied to men and women. I think this decade has the worst standards ever- ugly tatts, pierced rings, heavy eyeliners, ugly fashion and artificial implants to mitate other people's features.

• Are Your Boobs Fake Or No? Just Curious :)

• good take!
    i prefer the way that girl in the 1950's meme

• The woman in the first pic is so nasty looking. Like, is that a real person?

• The first girl looks disgusting

• Uvlook ok

• beauty is subjective

• You are very pretty... but the tattoos are a little much.

• That's not me.. it was an example
      it says so right above the picture.

• I noticed your still anonymous.

• Because you seem a little unstable. I dont want you attacking me.