Five Reasons For Why You Should Love Your Body

Disclaimer: This myTake requires physical movement and realizing that you are just as beautiful as anyone else living.

I have noticed that some people are unhappy with their body types. Let me rephrase that, most people are unhappy with their own body’s. Women, especially.

I don’t think it’s fair for anybody to hate their own bodies. That’s why I have listed five reasons for why you should love your own body.

But why am I doing this? For what reason?

When I look into the mirror, 4/10 times I find something I don’t like to see. Whether that’s an ugly zit or my early-receding hairline, I rarely have any good thoughts about myself. This isn’t abnormal, we all do it. Sometimes we are our own bully.

I encourage you to get a mirror or go to your bathroom and look in the mirror.

Get up and go look at yourself!

I’m waiting....

Okay now that you are (hopefully) off of your couch, what do you see? Okay keep that in mind.

Now go sit back down and give yourself a pat on the back for getting up. Whether you saw something beautiful or ugly while looking into that mirror, I would like you to read the rest of my mytake.

Five reasons why you should love your body:

1. Love our body because it is the only one you have

This one should be obvious. The average life time for one is 79 years. This means that you will be in your body for somewhere around 79 years. Hating and self-shaming your body will not do any good because you aren’t getting any younger. Whether you are a teenager like me, or an 88 year old like my grandma, it only requires one thing to change the way you look— a good mindset. Having a good mindset could require one thought, or multiple, all depending on you. So take time to love your body because you will be in it for awhile, in fact, you will even be buried in it.

2. Love your body because it is unique

Unique;

Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

Did you know that everyone is different? Probably, that’s also obvious. Everyone is different but similar in behavior and sometimes in thought. Recognizing that your body is different and will always be different, is just one step closer to accepting your body for what it is. Whether you are over or underweight, chunky or thin like a pencil, you need to accept that your body is unique. You need to understand that changing your body defeats the purpose of that word: unique.

The thing is, when we look in that mirror what we see is how we want to see not what we actually see. For example when I look in the mirror sometimes I compare myself to that of someone else. I want to see something I am not and for that reason I get disappointed with what I actually see in that mirror: myself.

Learning to accept that we are all born unique is one big leap closer to loving and respecting your body as a whole.

3. Love your body because it is beautiful no matter what shape or size

This can connect to the previous reason.

Let me just start this by saying that you are beautiful. How would I know? Good question. How would I know? I actually wouldn’t know, but it’s a good start.

What is beauty exactly?

Beauty:

A combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

No matter what color, shape, size, form, texture, you are beautiful! That is a given.. you are literally the definition of beauty!

I’ll say it again, but the next time it needs to come from your mouth; you are beautiful.

I am not trying to convince you that you are beautiful, because it is already true and you just need to recognize it if you don’t already.

If you need to go run to the mirror and remind yourself that you are beautiful, my mytake will still be here for when you get back :)

4. Love your body because its nobody’s business

I think it’s time to not care what anyone else thinks. Seriously, it’s none of their business. If someone has a problem with how you look, it is none of your business to care about their business.

I don’t have time for hatters and neither should you.

5. Love your body because you are a perfectly imperfect human being

This one is very self explanatory and personally it’s my favorite.

My whole life I’ve been told that no one is perfect, but sometimes I question what exactly being perfect is. When I think of perfect, I think of a person with a perfectly symmetrical face, perfectly toned body, perfect smile, perfect life, perfect blah blah blah.

The truth is, nobody is perfect because it is impossible to describe what a perfect human being is.

Everyone is appealing in a variety of ways to different people and for that reason, we are all imperfect. There is no Mrs. and Mr. perfect! So stop comparing yourself to something that doesn’t exist: perfection.

Well there it is, five reasons why you should love yourself. These are just five reasons that I came up with in less than five minutes. Your turn. Whether it be in the comment section or on the back of a grocery receipt, write down what you love about YOUR body or just even in general about yourself.

Remember who you saw in that mirror? Say some good things about that person. You.

If you still can’t say anything good about yourself, I encourage you to go back to your mirror until you find at least five beautiful things about that person.

If you woke up repeating those five things to yourself, I guarantee that you will feel younger, healthier, and even more beautiful than you already are :)

Hope this made you realize something you already knew of course ;)

39
19

Most Helpful Guys

• Mencyclopedia
    The way I see it, if you truly love your body, then do everything in your power to make it the best body it can be. While some things like general body structure, hairlines or birthmarks can't be changed, things like weight absolutely can. If you trick yourself into believing that its ok to be fat and loving yourself by sweeping it under the rug, you will hurt yourself even more later when you realise that people of the opposite sex dont feel the same way. Improving your body requires effort, hard effort. But you are not alone, we all have to do it, and people will help you if you need it.

We all have imperfections, if you can't change them, accept them, and work around them. But if you CAN change them, do it while you're still young! You won't regret it later.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Kaytiee

1. Could not agree more.
      2. Couldn't have said it better myself.

• @mencyclopedia
      Hi, I just wanted to say that I really like your advice! I was hoping you could follow me so I could send you a Pm just to ask some general questions about dating? I hope you don't mind! I agree with your advice 100%

• kelvinmed
    This mytake was great! good job 👍🏼
    Is this still revelant?
    • Konabeana

Wow!!! I think you are he first guy to actually appreciate my mytake. Bless you

• kelvinmed

Thanks. I'm working on accepting my body personally. A lot of people tell me I look great but most people don't know what anxiety can do to your body image.

Honestly, I wanna see more wholesome content like this on here so I'm really glad you made this and a lot of people need to see this, especially more guys

Most Helpful Girls

• AuroraRoseat
    I wholeheartedly agree with your MyTake. While I feel that those who can do something about being in a healthier weight (if they are obese or more) should, extra adipose tissue does not mean that they are unattractive nor should they subject themselves to society's toxic mindset.

The amount of nonsense posted on here by the typical irrational people is unsurprising.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Smiley_face101
    Why GaG pisses me off?

*clicks on a beautiful mytake to clear my mind from shallow people*
    *all opinions are shallow 🤦‍♀️*
    Is this still revelant?
    • Konabeana

You’re absolutely right. Most of these opinions are taken wayyyy out of context and are very upsetting to someone who actually spend time creating this.

But this cheered me up lol😂

• Konabeana

Spent*

• I mean some of the commenters are regular shamers and should be reported (PM me and I will explain more. I prefer not humilate them in public) but I am honestly disappointed to see that all the comments from guys are offensive.

Glad I cheered you up girl, you rock!

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1737
  • EmperorOfRussia
    It's exactly because I love my body that:

- I'm a serious physical exercise practioner... Weighlifting, running, martial arts, swimming and so.

- I eat healthily and, consequently, I avoid junk foods and sweets especially.

- I don't indulge in gluttony.

- I don't do drugs.

- I drink very moderately.

- I don't engage in degrading sex.

- I don't harm my health and natural beautiness with crazy aesthetic treatments like artificial tanning, surgical procedures and so.

And these are just the minimal moral requirements for someone who loves themself. I still have avoidable flaws, I'm a smoker, for example, I know I should stop with this habit.

It's easy to engage in big talks about "body positivity" while avoiding to do any effort to make yourself better, avoiding setting any moral requirement to discipline yourself, while lying to yourself about your situation in the mirror and demanding people to believe your own crap. And fake kindness doesn't make our friends healthy and beauty, we don't have to mindlessly cheering them up with far-fetched words on instagram.

That's is my issue with the body positivity movement, I'm not judging your Take directly, just took the opportunity to talk about it.
  • I love how people are shitting in the comments like they always do just from the sight of fat people, lmaoaoaoa ok now they concluded body positivity is only for people who let themselves go because a post featuring fat people has to be about promoting eating burgers and laying on the couch all day right? 😂 I can't with people's shallowness.
    • Konabeana

lmao😂😂 yeah some of these comments are coming from very shallow people. I really didn’t expect this

• Aiko_E_Lara
    There is a difference between loving your body and loving your body the way it is. If you really love your body and you're fat, you should do something about it because being fat is objectively bad and unhealthy. Loving your body the way it is and regardless of your condition isn't really considered loving your body and health agrees with that.
    • Konabeana

The truth is, you can throw all of this stuff at me but in fact you are cheating yourself from a good opportunity to love your body. Also your last sentence doesn’t make any sense🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• However it doesn't mean i am insecure to acknowledge the fact that health doesn't agree with that. And it doesn't take a genius to understand what i said

• "infact you're cheating on yourself" Well do you know about it? I never said i hated my body did I? I just wanted to be healthier that's all. It has nothing to do with being insecure but more on taking care of yourself and your body and a way to love it. If i see my child eating junk foods a lot while being a couch potato, ok i would just love him for the way he is. I'm not going to do shit about that. Never mind the fact that he is in risk of dying due to cancer as long as i love him right?

• Guanfei
    Body positivity was about loving your body with flaws you can't change. It's about people with birth defects, missing limbs, scars.
    Not fat asses who don't want to move their butts. And no, being fat isn't beautiful, it's ugly, and shouldn't be accepted, exactly because IT CAN BE CHANGED. You can't regrow a leg or erase a scar. But you can lose your fat.
  • ThisDudeHere
    Why is it that "body love" is mostly for people who have let themselves go? Case in point the picture where they're almost naked with the letters on their bellies, with maybe the sole exception of the woman in the middle, none of them are in a decent shape.

Body love is often codeword for "I'm lazy and don't want to work on myself but I don't want to feel bad for it either."
  • Potatocream
    I love and agree with your take but I have to disagree with point 3, You have to workout and take care of your body so that you stay healthy exactly for your first point being that its your only body so make it last as long as possible :) If you take care of your body it will allow you to love longer and do anything you want to do. Self love is when you put that effort in
    • Konabeana

Yes, of course, you should always take care of your body but my point was that no matter what shape or size you are, you are beautiful. I never mentioned anything about the health-size to having a particular size body. I see where you are going, but am still confused on why you would disagree with my third point: Love your body because it is beautiful no matter what shape or size.

• Konabeana

Side* not size

• You shouldn’t love being fat and unhealthy. That’s complacency. If you’re fat, you should want to lose weight and be healthy so that you can live a better quality and longer life. Who just accepts mediocrity and less than desirable living conditions? Failures and losers do, and that’s not me.
  • MackToday
    Most of this is coming from Marxist bull shit. My body is not beautiful , I'm fat , I'm short, my skin sucks too, at least on my face. Any beauty I might have is going to have to come from inside. The thing is my body keeps me alive and I don't have to be handsome. Being handsome is a bonus, it's probably fun and all but being ugly can make you tough, it can make you deep and it can wise you up so I don't knock it. Lots of people look like me and have full lives. Never lie to yourself about your looks or anything else. More importantly, never let anyone else lie to you either, they probably have an agenda and it's probably not a good one.
    • Konabeana

You can absolutely believe what you want but I never lied

• MackToday

Who says you lied? Some of what you're writing you learned from cultural Marxists , you may not be aware of the source of it but that's where it comes from. "beautiful no matter what, "healthy at any size" . That's redistribution of social power, Marxism.

• Konabeana

I said beautiful at any size not healthy, huge difference.

Anything positive about my mytake?

• SteveSmith1985
    It is SO good to see this My Take. You certainly l are one insightful teenager. I agree with everything you said. More importantly, ill bet you genuinely make some woman feel better about herself... At least for awhile.

Seriously, you're so right about how common it is for people (especially women) to be unhappy about their body. I've had people close to me, when I was your age, develop really really serious eating disorders as a result. I saw just how much damage hating your body can do. It was such a struggle for them.

I love that you posted this. 🙂
  • Thatsamazing
    Yeah, uh... that's cute and all but facts and reality don't care about our feelings, and the fact of the matter is that being fat/overweight is unhealthy... in many, many different ways...

... so...
    • ''Facts don't care about your feelings''.

Man, I've heard this about a thousand times from conservatives. It's getting old...

• @DashboardLight The term "conservative," as well as "liberal" and "moderate" and all related terms are erroneous and completely without substance. Anyone who says "facts don't care about your feelings" is not automatically right just because they say it-- it depends what the facts in question are, or they aren't facts at all. Being fat is unhealthy. That isn't disputable. And it does not care about your or my or anyone's opinion of the matter. You don't get to FEEL your way out of type 2 diabetes.

So... I'm not really sure where you were going with your comment, but uh. Have a good one out there.

• Goodwifie
    I was out with some friends one day and they started complaining about the parts of their bodies that they are unhappy with. I stood there quietly, I felt really awkward because I didn't join in.
    I will not put myself down.
  • Bigfappa
    im hideous but nice try Five Reasons For Why You Should Love Your Body
    • Konabeana

Like I mentioned above, I am not trying to convince you that you should love your body (aka physical appearance)

• Me tooooo
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• Hannajenky
    You can love yourself without fooling yourself into thinking obesity is okay
    • Konabeana

Never said obesity is okay. God some of these comments sounds like it came from my brother — he is thirteen.

• Hannajenky

Well, most of the people in that photo are obese

• RationalMale
    You can love your body all you want, but it won't change facts of life.

Would you "love" your melanoma?

You might love being obese and eating, but your odds of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes as well as knee problems are still skyrocketing.

If you're overweight, don't hate yourself. Recognize that you are where you are right now, that you need to change, and set yourself towards the good changes you will make to improve. Then, do it.
  • LegendarySir
    Exactly. Love your body, don't fuck it up with junk food, drugs, obesity... don't destroy your body by being unhealthy, love it by eating well and being active.
  • CocoBat
    I mean, you shouldn't accept being fat at least, unless you got some kind of disorder that takes the control away from you there's no real excuse to be fat and you should work towards not being fat, wholely because it's unhealthy
  • Xoirwinkan
    You should like yourself, but that's no excuse just to be fat.
    • Konabeana

I never said that

• Hyperthyroidism, genetic composition etc. There isn't an excuse for you to be ignorant.

• cavmanier

@AuroraRoseat you're talking about the smallest subset of people. Most obesity is by far from food addiction though which is why when you switch them to a mostly vegetable diet for a week they lose 5 pounds. That's literally what happens when people have bariatric surgery. Surgeons have weight loss by the patient's own will as a protocol. This means getting rid of junk food. To act like that's not the case is ignorant.

• Gopnik
    idgaf about my body.
    as long as i'm not fat as fuck i'm fine with it.
    + i already have a fuckton of scars so why not keep doing what i already am.
    and my body type is alright, if i go to the gym i could easily build my body up.
  • If people loved their body really they would want to improve it
  • Okay, if you're the expert. Five Reasons For Why You Should Love Your Body
    • CocoBat

I don't think people should just accept being fat :/

• Miristheiss
    Interesting points. I can probably get on board with most of them except for:

"3. Love your body because it is beautiful no matter what shape or size"

That's just a blatant falsehood. Not every body is beautiful no matter the shape or size. If a person gets to unhealthy levels of being overweight and their health is even at risk... doctors are telling them EVERY visit they need to lose weight... that is not "beautiful" It is just some sort of PC anthem to try and say all bodies are beautiful no matter what. If someone is 120 OVERWEIGHT and can't use stairs or tie their own shoes... that is not beautiful.

If a person is in a healthy state than you might argue each body has its own unique beauty to it but that "no matter what size or shape"... that is just a falsehood.

The rest seem pretty reasonable...1, 2, 4, 5.
  • Lman3000
    I'm about to break your question I do take care and give my body the love it needs, on the inside anyway, it's whats on the fucking outside I hate and don't like, no matter what I do to make the outside look as good as possible it's refuses to change no matter diet, medication, training, or health care it will not change so to that I say to that I say I hate my body at the outside of it
  • Syrian_survivor
    If you truly love your body then CARE FOR IT, actions speak louder than words, so if you just sit on the couch with your 200lb body convinced that your body is "beautiful" without any hard work, then you're being a delusional idiot, and you're just abusing yourself.
  • Shutupman
    Agree with everything but 3, beauty at every size is crap. We shouldn’t encourage anorexia or obesity. And if one cares about their own body and health they would work to be a healthy weight. Healthy is beautiful.
    • I doubt she was considering the extremes. Also "healthy" can constitute being pounds more/less yet still being in a healthy range according to one's BMI.

• Shutupman

@AuroraRoseat ofcourse, there is a range of healthy.

• Paul09
    Yes! Great take! I pretty much agree with everything you said. As long as #1 helps with #3. Otherwise #3 will not nessarly mean anything if it contradicts #1.
  • Anjali090
    If you love your body then you dont treat it like a waste basket. Fill it with junk and become overweight. 👍
  • Wowgirl30q
    You should be healthy. That's like saying
    " Why obesity is fine" you shouldn't love turning yourself diabetic or love a cholesterol issue
  • Smegskull
    What a relief. Usually the people who claim to love their body the most treat it the worst... Always reminds me of an abusive relationship where the abuser claims they love their partner more than normal people do.
  • Skadouchebag
    It's honestly amazing that we live in a culture that places people's feelings above their physical and psychological well-being.
    • Konabeana

But don’t feelings have a clear correlation between mind and “psychological well-being”? It’s amazing that we live in a world where people can place feelings above their appearance and behind it.

• When I say "psychological well being," I'm referring to things like the DSM. which, for example, considers things like foot fetishism and BDSM to be disorders.

Being fat is simply not healthy, which is why I've been going to the gym.

• themomo84
    It's taken me years to get to this point, but I'm here!:) Gracias!!
  • jayden888
    The world we've come to live ties self-esteem to the smallest things and thereby requires people to feel good about anything about themselves - don't. Instead, transcend that expectation. Maybe (just maybe) you are physically attractive, maybe (just maybe) you are smart.

But maybe you're not. So what? Not everyone is smart, not everyone is physically attractive. And it's okay if you aren't. Learn to be happy regardless. Because one day when your idea of "I'm beautiful" falls flat, you will lose self-esteem. You shouldn't have be obsessed with your body image to be happy or have self-esteem, just be healthy - and that's for your own sake.
  • DJZest
    If you're fat stop abusing food and start exercising.

Shame can't be controlled and everyone is able to see it.

Blessings.
  • Browneye57
    BULLSHIT. If you're FAT then do something about it. Dear god.
  • sean1234
    Five Reasons For Why You Should... be lazy?

-Thats more like it.
  • obi-wan_kenobi
    U r an idiot! Now stop brainwashing people on the internet
    • Konabeana

Uhhh... oof. If that’s what you think I’m doing, god bless you man.

• God has blessed me and I see your turn is yet to come

• LukeLugh
    I agree one should love ones body, but the penultimate question is;how do you practice self body love? It is fairly simple granted one doesn't fall into faddish traps. Having high regard for ones image is futile if it is disproportionate with ones internal health. 1. Minimize pleasure in taste and eat more wild, simple and nourishing foods (sardines, dates, seeds, blackberries, choke cherries, crab apples, leafy greens) 2. fast for appropriate periods 3. Eat with prudence 4. walk, bend, stand, crouch with proper biomechanics 5. detoxifying techniques 6. walk with a confident posture 7. Know the difference between world, word and image:"We suffer more in imagination than reality"-Seneca (Stoic philosopher) , "The idea does not belong to the soul, it is the soul that belongs to the idea"-Charles Sanders Pierce (said to be the greatest logician and semiotician of all time.)
  • If you love being fat then that means you don't love your body because you're killing it. Being fat is very unhealthy and could lead to death.
  • Kayla45
    Thanks, I will love my body more now.
  • DixonTiconderoga
    being too fat or too skinny is an L.

REAL NIGGAS TREAT THEIR BODIES RIGHT
  • i1T2daty
    You've convinced me, I love your body
  • BeHappy1985
    Bullshit.
  • Massageman
    Great points. Thanks for the take.
  • Secretgardenblood
    Good take
  • KandyKane1
    Nice
  • mrees
    Because you have it. It is a must then
  • If only any of those things were true
  • I love my body
  • liquidsolid
    adorable my friend :)
  • Sex addicts.. sluts
  • Anonymous
    D and Y are the only fuckable people in that group shot.