Why did he say I was out of his league?

there was always this nice guy that had a crush on me since high school which was over 10 years ago. We are still friends and hang out. But when he drinks, feelings come out. He told me that he has loved me ever since high school and he is surprised that I was showing him attention. When I told him that he always dissed me, he says " I don't diss you your just out of my league" ...first time ever hearing that.

Should I feel hurt by this? makes me think how many other guys think like this.

he told me that I was too good for him ...yikes

25

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he's feeling insecure about himself in one or more areas and doesn't think he'd be able to make you attracted to him in the long run. He's thinking that you could do better than him (better looking man, richer man, more confident man, more stable man, etc.) and would upgrade to a new guy if the opportunity presented itself. He told you that to protect himself from you, because he probably thinks you'll move on easily given that he thinks you have way more options than he does, or at least perceives to have.

• yup that's exactly what he is doing. its ashame that some guys will take a low level chick than someone who has their priorities together.

• Well, his fear is somewhat realistic. If his own life is not in order, how happy could he make you in the long run? Do you want a stable relationship? Are you ever considering marriage down the road? It sounds like he's a far way from where you are in that regard. Men that don't feel worthy of a stable relationship are best to avoid stable girls until they sort their act out. If you want to help him as a friend, do so. If he gets his act together, then consider dating him.

What Guys Said 4

• Many guys are given an inferiority complex bu all the put downs they get when young, and think most girls are out of their league, except when they drink or smoke pot. They come to accept that most girls belong to the guys with money.

Why do you think so many guys drink and smoke pot?They forget these inhibitions a little when they are high.

• i thought they do it just because lol.

• Ah no, they have a reason.

Don't you love sfauo, the anony above, with his insightful one line answer, his usual style

• No not at all. He obviously thinks your too good for him. He's just surprised you even make time for him... take it as a compliment

• I can't wrap my mind around that. I always here about guys saying that but I didn't think I would fall in that category.

• you should feel flattered

• It's really a compliment in disguise, don't see why you should feel hurt by it at all.

What Girls Said 2

• It's definitely a compliment hun. Don't let it upset you.

• I'm trying not to make it upset me. I'm just confused. Makes me think well damn how many other guys felt like this

• who knows? there's nothing to be confused about though lol he thinks you're too good for him, there's obviously reasons for it or it wouldn't be said

• No, it means that he doesn't think he is good enough for you.