1. "just be yourself and people will love you"
Oh, really? Because the last time I checked, I was made to live in fear of being myself for a large portion of my life.
2. "shoot for the moon. even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
No, you'll fucking burn in space.
3. "money can't buy happiness"
Well, no, it can't make you happy FOREVER, but nothing can. Cash CAN, however, make you happy for a short period of time.
4. "it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile"
Actually, a small smile would take about ten muscles to raise your upper lip and upper mouth corners, but a small frown would only take about three muscles to lower your bottom lip and bottom mouth corners. So, I'm gonna keep frowning.
5. "there's a pot for every lid"
Maybe the pot for me already has a lid, and the lid has bigger tits than I do.
6. "love your enemies"
Like, excuse me, but I don't exactly wanna make goo-goo eyes at you after you just told me to commit suicide.
7. "everything happens for a reason"
Oh, so a sweet little girl was born with depression, anxiety, OCD, and ADHD for a reason? And then she grew up trusting people, then got her heart smashed in two for a reason??
8. "there are plenty of fish in the sea"
Yes, I know that there are lots of humans. I'm not an idiot. But a lot of them are taken, or douchy, or not my type, or psychopathic, or gay.
~ Mrs Manson