8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

1. "just be yourself and people will love you"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Oh, really? Because the last time I checked, I was made to live in fear of being myself for a large portion of my life.

2. "shoot for the moon. even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

No, you'll fucking burn in space.

3. "money can't buy happiness"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Well, no, it can't make you happy FOREVER, but nothing can. Cash CAN, however, make you happy for a short period of time.

4. "it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Actually, a small smile would take about ten muscles to raise your upper lip and upper mouth corners, but a small frown would only take about three muscles to lower your bottom lip and bottom mouth corners. So, I'm gonna keep frowning.

5. "there's a pot for every lid"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Maybe the pot for me already has a lid, and the lid has bigger tits than I do.

6. "love your enemies"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Like, excuse me, but I don't exactly wanna make goo-goo eyes at you after you just told me to commit suicide.

7. "everything happens for a reason"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Oh, so a sweet little girl was born with depression, anxiety, OCD, and ADHD for a reason? And then she grew up trusting people, then got her heart smashed in two for a reason??

8. "there are plenty of fish in the sea"

8 Common Sayings That Are Bullshit

Yes, I know that there are lots of humans. I'm not an idiot. But a lot of them are taken, or douchy, or not my type, or psychopathic, or gay.

xx
~ Mrs Manson

16

Most Helpful Guys

• My alternate versions:

1. Be the person you liked to find.
    2. Dream big, but act in the now.
    3. People says money is egoist only because that's how they use it.
    4. Who trolls you liked you to succeed.
    5. Weirdos can easily be liked by weirdos.
    6. People either want the same as you, or they don't.
    7. What is hard is what is most needed to be learned.
    8. Success isn't a one shot, but a tendency.

You can reuse this text under these conditions:
    https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

• The world is fucked but I guess it gets better apparently but a lot of this things are said to make people feel better.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 14

• Just be yourself is a common saying? how people conform while being themselves? :)

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BeYourself

tvtropes.org/.../WideEyedIdealist

• "There's somebody out there for everybody" (which would only be true if it meant there's somebody out there who wants to rob and murder you). "You can't know unless you try" (pertaining to something you know the likely outcome of through logic).

• Everything happens for a reason is a nice way of saying deal with your own shit. But I do agree with there are plenty of fish in the sea. It's that people that you would click with are probably far away from you.

• Or maybe you can’t get everything you want when you want it. But time has a way of changing situations. So you didn’t get to date that cheerleader you liked in high school. Good thing too because it turned out she was like “Typhoid Mary”, doling out STDs. (You younger kids may need to Google “Typhoid Mary” to get the joke) lol

• You make very good points all around. And the Manson gif is hot

• Absence makes the heart grow fonder OR out of sight, out of mind?

• Great take. The only one I disagree with is #7. everything does happen for a reason. Unfortunately all too often the reason, as in your described case, is the stupidity and selfishness of others.

• Well you're mostly right, but love your enemies is not literal and that doesn't mean you can't kill your enemies, we did in the crusades.
    But I agree money can buy happiness. And no being yourself will not make people love you

• This is some good stuff! I am so proud of you! Keep going!

• Yeah I know how number 8 goes. My mom said that shit over and over and it made me want to yell at her. She was a beautiful woman and met my dad in high school.

As for number 6 that is a Christian commandment. I got a feeling you are atheist so I can see why you feel that way. But really it’s about forgiveness and letting go, not letting people walk over you. That commandment relieves people of the internal impulse to want revenge. Revenge causes assassinations, wars over stupid stuff, civil wars, domestic violence, etc. That mentality has kept some countries behind.

• 1. Be the version of yourself that fits the situation. There is not just one self everyone should embrace all selves and the fact most selves are cunts.
    2. Shoot for the moon and if you fall make sure you crashland on some assholes.
    3. Money can buy you everything.
    4 . Eh.
    5. This is true in essence don't get stuck up on someone they are always not really worth it.
    6. No... crush your enemies. See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!
    7. Nah but deal with it.
    8. It's essentially the same as 5, there is no such thing as the one. Thinking that someone is not easily irreplaceable is always wrong and unhealthy.

• I believe in 3, 7, and 8 . They are true. What is the pot and bigger tits about?

• Some of these make good points.

• I agree with some.

• Very nice