If guys like femininity why do they often bash feminine/girly things?

What i mean is on here you often hear men saying that they like women who do NOT wear any makeup, don't dress up (wear dresses, skirts), wear jewelry, get there nails done, dislike heels etc... this is all part of the appearance of a feminine women.. obviously this isn't all guys but its something i've noticed on here in the comments, what is your take on it?
This is PURELY a appearance thing and not about behavior by the way.

• I know why (state why)
  • I don't know why (state why)
  • I've never noticed this.
    Vote C

50190

Most Helpful Guys

• I've never bashed anything feminine, but I think the root of the issue is that we like our women natural.

What I mean is, sure; it's nice to see you ladies all dressed up & decked out in makeup/jewelry/heals, etc, but you don't NEED to. I consider those to be for special occasions, more than anything else.

A girl can dress like that, for a night out, and she'll look amazing, but at the end of the day, I enjoy snuggling in the couch with my girl the way she really is. She can be wearing sweatpants, and her hair could be a mess, but I love her for it. It means she's comfortable with me.

She doesn't have to wear all that stuff to impress me. She certainly can, if she wants to, though, not for me, but because I know some girls like doing that for themselves, as well. It's just not, and never had been, a requirement.

• Honestly I don't really know why some people actually do that. We are all different and have different thoughts so am going to speak for myself only and what my opinion is regarding the appearance dear Princess Pie.

Frankly am the kind of person who likes a woman for her brain and intelligence, but your question is towards appearance so her face is what gets my attention first and it is always nice seeing a Lady in a elegant simple red dress ❤

Red color on a woman is pure beauty and love and passion. But it annoys me in case she is wearing something that is extremely uncomfortable as matter of fact. A girl in jeans, t-shirt and converse or yoga pants or sweat pants feels seems to be feeling better and more relaxed, thus, leading to a more comfortable conversation. Besides, in case we want to walk around and check out places together, she will be able without hurting her feet.

Again dear Princess Pie, I don't personally "bash" her feminine appearance, on the contrary, i love women and their curves, bodies, hair, face, sweetness, tenderness, etc... as my profile mentions. If she is comfortable wearing heals all the time than I don't mind.

Regarding the "make up":
    Too much make up is a bit of dislike for me as for I will be seeing too much product on her face and I like a woman's natural clear face aspect. Make up is good, but not too much. Just a bit of clean clear make up and lip gloss maybe, am not an expert, but the kind of lip gloss that are transparent and make her lips so tender and beautiful.

Every woman has a different feminine touch that is unique to her, and some women just like to imitate kardashian or other celebrities with plastic surgeries, which are a dislike to me honestly.

I understand some people like big lips, or big whatever they think is necessary, but why ruin what society think is imperfection while some men find those perfection?

A woman being herself without trying to look like some "bimbo" sorry for the vocabulary, in my eyes is more appreciated.

Most Helpful Girls

• Afraid of confrontation.

Some people like to sheep in order to feel included with current trends. Its trendy to be into au natural, hipster, feministic ideology.

Some guys do prefer dull girls, but they dont announce it all thirstily as a "validate me as a politically correct person," every damn response.

I mean the question will say, "How can I nail this interview?"

Some guy on there like, "well if I was the boss, I wouldn't hire girls with fake nails because I like natural REAL girls and mataba ba ba"

Yes because fake nails take priority over skills, exp, and degrees.

😐

All I know is that girls who are girly, dont complain as much about not getting male attention.

Coincedence?

Fuck naaaah

• perhaps it is not femininity that men have an issue with, but falseness and concealment. It is okay to be feminine in a classy way, to dress up in a cute dress, curl your hair, and wear SOME makeup. However, perhaps they have an issue with women who have curled hair every single day of their lives, fake nails, fake lashes, and a shitload of makeup, and who wear stiletto heels just to go to the grocery store. There is such thing as extravagance. However, if a guy has an issue with my gold necklace, 4 gold/diamond rings, and earrings, then I will gladly tell him to fuck off. I like to dress stylishly, I LOVE jewellery (the expensive kind), but I don't cake on makeup. Perhaps men prefer their women a little natural. They may want to know what their woman looks like without the fake lashes BEFORE their wedding night. and they have a right to know.