Can I still get an industrial piercing if I have flat ear?

I have a flat "helix", Only the top of the helix is folded and then it goes straight.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! My ear is rather flat as well, and I got one just a few months ago. It's all about how good your peircer is and if they know the right angle to put it on. If you don't already have a cartilage piercing at a size 14, I would say to try that first and see how you deal with the pain because they pierce an industrial with a 14 gauge, and that's a lot more painful than the standard earring.

If you do decide to get one, be careful with aftercare, industrials are notorious for bubbles (which form when the jewelry is too tight, loose, or moves too much). I would recommend a product called H2Ocean, it's relatively cheap and helps prevent them or heal them once formed. Mine healed in about week after starting to use it. If you want it, don't let something silly stop you, they're beautiful and cool, and not everyone is brave enough to get one.

• I'm pretty good when it comes to pain I'm just worried that the piercing isn't possible with my ear shape. I don't really like any of the other ones.

• Go talk to a peircer, they'll let you know if it's possible or not, but unless your ear is severely misshapen, it'll be fine and look good.