Why You Should Be In A Relationship With Someone Who’s Less Attractive Than You

These are the only benefits I can see out of this. Although most people would prefer not to date someone less attractive than them whether they like to admit or not.

They’re more likely to be nicer to you and take an extra mile for you

They’re more likely to put out and please their better looking partner because they don’t want to lose them. They’re less attractive and they want their offspring to look more attractive than them, so they’re more willing to be nicer and take an extra mile for a better looking partner.

They’d tolerate your bullshit more

Usually the less attractive partner puts up with more of the bullshit. They’re more willing to put up with bullshit because they’re getting sex from a better looking person in return. Doesn’t it feel good when someone still loves you and tolerates/accepts your personality flaws?

You’d look more attractive than you usually do when you’re with them

The visual difference between you and your partner is evident. You’d look more attractive in contrast when you stand next to them than you would when you stand alone.

They’re less likely to cheat on you

They already landed someone who’s above their league, so why would they cheat?

They’re less likely to leave you

The probability of them finding someone else above their league is low, so they’re more willing to settle and commit.

The only disadvantage

Your kids will probably look less attractive than you, but there is a chance they won’t look less attractive than you. And people will try to tell you can do better which would result in insecurities.

1512

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 14

• This... seems like something someone would only do because of insecurity. Which makes me very sad for them. You should be with people you want to be with, not someone simply because they're less attractive and you don't have to take risks with them.

• Im pretty sure that is two men in the first picture.

I dont want a partner, or to be a partner constantly at the mercy of my SO.

Thats not healthy.

• the less attractive in your scenario is living like a slave. horrible for them and no good for the other. you need to be with someone who can call you on your bullshit. and is willing to leave f you deserve it. or you will not grow.

• Wow.. just wow, that is some terrible advice. Settling for someone you're not attracted out of fear or because you can't get the people you really want is not cool. Who's to say that person won't do those things to their partner when they finally find someone they are attracted to?

• This is exactly like: marry someone than loves you more than you love them. Like, really? Do you want him/her to being pointed for being less attractive? Or to make him/her unhappy giving you the world while you ignore them?

It's not fair for them.

• Interesting thougts... I"ve never thank it over before

• Cool story bro. But the most adorable guys I met were attractive.

• So.. you'd choose them for all the wrong reasons.

• but... what if you're not attracted to them?

• Lmao this sadly true

• Nah, I'm not gonna do that.

• Those are terrible reasons to date someone

• Honeslty all this is false. I've seen ugly guys cheat on their beautiful girlfriends/wives all the time. They even treat them bad and some abusive.

I have seen guys more handsome than their girls (who are not always super pretty, some even not hot) treat them very nicely.

• Mehhhh

• Well said.

• @Anon-ymous1 you have a good day and I will be there at least that's what I was thinking.

What Guys Said 12

• Just because your hypothetical partner's ugly, doesn't mean your kids are going to be.
    Kid could turn out better looking than both parents. Not like every model's parent's were also super good looking.

• This isn't a Primary criterion for me- more important that she has a good personality and is intelligent.

• Only other females told me I can do better... they guys are just like uuuuuuuggggghhhhh, Your girl is hawt dogg.

• First, unless I date an orangutan, that will be hard to be in a relationship with someone less attractive than me.
    Second, why should I am for someone I won't like just to feel good about me?

• This is less about love or liking eachother and more about feeling secure. That's not very healthy.

• You should be able to cut the throat of one shallow person every 10 years.

• It is just humanity , not ugly or beautiful people so I think those things are wrong

• yeah thats gonna have to be a no from me dog
    im not gonna get with anyone i don't find attractive

• I gotta agree with pink anon, man, sorry: Meh.

• By George ; you've cracked the code!

• Well said.

• Lol which one is the ugly one in the Kanye/Kim relationship.

Kim may look like a 9 in her photos but if you've seen her unedited photos she's like a 5 and I'm not even trying to be harsh.