5 Perks of Being Single!

Being Single

That's my topic today. I was inspired to write about this because as a single girl myself I'm always very aware of the not so good parts of being single. So today I decided to look on the bright side of things and see the glass half-full. Up next five reasons why I like being single.

1. No Jealousy

5 Perks of Being Single!

You can flirt, you can talk to anyone you like, you can do whatever you feel like and no one can tell you anything even if they're burning with jealousy. Why not? Because they're not your partner and it's none of their damn business. There are no jealousy tantrums, no scenes to be made, no reprimands. That simple.

2. No compromise

5 Perks of Being Single!

You are entirely compromise free. You can always choose what you like, what you want. There are no petty arguments or disputes. No fighting for dominance, no pissing contests. No more fighting over things you like but your partner doesn't or vice versa. The days of doing something simply and only to please your partner are over. You have everything to your preference.

3. FREEDOM

5 Perks of Being Single!

Without a partner you're free to do anything. Go out as much as you like without having to inform anyone. Have fun with whoever you want to. Have that friend that used to intimidate your partner. Flirt without consequence. Have as many guy or female friends as you want without someone breathing down your neck with their insecurities. Really it's great.

4. No Relationship Drama

5 Perks of Being Single!

As all of your coupled friends whine and dish out on how they think their partner might be cheating. How they had a fight the other day. How their relationship isn't what it used to be or on how clingy or overbearing their partner might be, that's the least of your worries. No drama, no heartache, and no headaches. One of the best damn things of being single for sure.

5. No heartbreak

5 Perks of Being Single!

At the end of the day, most relationships don't last forever. One of the things of being single which I am most grateful for is that I haven't been through heartbreak in a while. Heartbreak is one of the worst feelings in the world and many can attest for that.

Even if a breakup is mutual the aftershocks and the pain that it causes are almost unbearable. Missing that person, the little things which made you fall in love with them, missing the habit of having someone always by your side, and so on will make you wish you were never in a relationship to begin with. Which brings me back to my original point.

5 Perks of Being Single!

Being single is great and loving yourself is even better. You don't need to look for another half, because you're already complete. All you need is yourself. Self esteem, self love, self appreciation, self confidence and self-validation. You can't love anyone else before you love yourself, and being single gives you the space that you need to evaluate how you treat yourself and others around you.

I think that being single is a fundamental part of being in a relationship. It may sound contradictory, but it's the truth. You need to know how to be single before you're in a relationship. You can't depend on someone for all of your emotional needs.

Some grade of dependence is great and necessary for a relationship to grow, but when all of your validation and love comes from that one source you'll start to doubt yourself and to self loathe which again isn't healthy. Like everything in life relationships are a cycle and part of it is being single. When you skip over that part, the whole process just becomes more complicated than it should and has to be. So yeah I do believe that being single is a fundamental part of being in a relationship.

Thanks for reading this take,

-The End xo

P.S.

I'm only half serious about this. I don't mean to offend anyone. This is just my honest and raw opinion on the matter, and it's okay if you disagree. I don't expect people not to. Couples and marriages please don't come for me lol. Anyway that's it. Until next time!

1636

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't know why you even included the P. S. and talking about "offending." Why on God's green Earth is everyone everywhere all the time so overly obsessed with whether or not something is "offensive?" People can simply grow a fucking backbone and read things that they may not already agree with. Holy shit.

Anyway, nice Take other than that.

• Just making sure to cover my bases lol. You'd be surprised at what and how easily people get offended. I feel like some are just waiting for you to say something and act offended.

• I wouldn't be surprised, and the point is, those people are stupid. We really need to stop catering to stupid people.

• I am currently a single dad and have been for over 3 years now , and working FT., I have no intention of ever dating , points 2 , 3 & 4 are my main reasons why. I am very fortunate my Male Curse ( sex drive ) has greatly faded and I have little need for people , so when my 2 children have flown the nest , I will stay single. After the marriage I ended , I don't want to let any woman into my life , other than arms - length friends. Great take and agree , women and men are VERY differently wired , and need / want the opposite of the other gender in most cases , hence most relationships are filled with conflict.

• I agree with you also, but I don't think that you should close the door for love entirely. If it comes you should be open to the idea, because shutting it down comes with its own set of repercussions.

• I will mostly agree , but a man has to " put himself out there " , women do not generally come to men , without a lot of hard work on the man's part. Not bitterness , more can't be bothered in my case , single life is much simpler and far less stressful. Generally , it is women that choose to be single as most women will always have male options , women are simply desired far more by men , than men are by women. Plus there are more men than women.
      If I did meet a woman that floats my boat by very slim chance , then I will certainly be open

Most Helpful Girls

• I honestly don't see any perks to it. You might not be beholden to someone but you also don't have someone who has your back when you need it

• Family, friends, people that care for you... You don't really need a partner just so someone will have your back.

• Nobody ever does. But if he really doesn't, you didn't find the right one to begin with

• Exactly why you should rely on yourself more than on others.

• Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from. When I was with my ex, I wanted to break up because I wanted my freedom and I didn’t want to be trapped. However, I don’t feel that way in my current relationship. It takes a right choice to feel like a right choice, ya know?
    Maybe one day you’ll meet someone who changes your perception. Maybe you’ll meet someone who’s leaps and bounds aboveboard your standards, but you still keep that little line in your mind.
    Either is fine, just make sure that you’re happy in the end (:

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 34

• My high five:

1-I always do what I want without a SO restriction
    2-I keep all of my money
    3-I have much more women attention and have exciting sex with new women with nice new smells and I love different accents
    4-I travel all the time and live around the world
    5-I retreat to the country and disappear for times to recluse my soul as I wish.

great take by the way I take it serious and agree totally except inferring that a relationship is in the future-never

• Being single is cool as long as you can choose to be or not to be.

But people like me can't choose wheter they want to be single or not. If I want to be with someone, I can't, and being single feels more like a punishment.

• Why do you have to stay single? If that's not a secret.

• Thanks Guan but you have to quit the defeatist attitude. People say stuff to test your confidence. You have a responsibility towards yourself to concentrate on that which you know is positive and that's what will change things

• Bro, chill. Nobody has it figured out by 25. You are 25 years old, this is not the time to be having a mental breakdown because you're single. It's not like you're 75 and haven't been with anybody. You talk as though you've been single for decades on end. I'd understand that kind of reasoning and behavior from an older person but not from a freaking 25 year old. I know being single for some, though I should say most, but anyway. For some isn't the best case scenario, but you shouldn't lose hope ever. If 99% of the world found you unattractive that 1% left is still all of 75 million people. Do you know how many freaking people that is? A lot. Don't get so down on something that might as well be temporary. Best of luck!

• There are some benefits to being single, but I think for most people, they are outweighed by the downsides.

• Not when it's by choice. Personally I chose to be single. Partly because of not finding someone new that fits my needs and standards but mostly because in a way I prefer being single.

• I think your summation is bang on. Been married twice now a widower got kids even grankids. I have a g/f that travels a lot she is in South Africa at moment , next time back Is SEPT. then we have a great session for 8 days then she goes back. It is a great setup she's happy so am I.. I love your take xxxx

• There are always perks to both sides! I know that being single gives you time focus on other things. But I still feel like I need a partner and friend. I feel like a could simply use friendship right now in person but have not been successful. Great mytake!!

• You missed the most important one

THE WHOLE BED TO YOURSELF.

YOU CAN ROLL LIKE A DOG🐕
    FART LIKE A PIG🐗
    SPREAD YOUR LEGS AND ARMS LIKE OCTOPUS 🐙

• I think you forgot that when you're single (especially if you're a girl) you cna fuck many diffeerent people. I think that's the biggest perk seen as most young people (especially girls again) do not wanna date and enjoy fucking new people all the time.

• But relationship just feels good tho. Like this for example. Is it good to have no internet or phone because it hurts to lose it? Relationship is a good thing but we should love our single life too. Stuff taken away from you just hurts more than just not owning them at all.

• That's very true but also it heart hardens woman up to much because there's no compromise when they're single and when they do get into a relationship they're so used to no compromise they want to control the man doing things there way or It's the highway

• Do you have a second account? I feel like you commented this already, because somebody wrote exactly the same paragraph. With the exact same wording. If not then it's whatever.

• Being single with no attachments is great. I can fuck who I want when I want.

• Being single is a stress-free lifestyle but it is boring sometimes but the advantages outnumber the disadvantages.

• I agree with all your points. I'm single and LOVING it!

• When two self loving adults enter a relationship, it doesn’t have to be the way you describe. If your significant other is your best friend, you will want what is best for them more than anything. The problem is that most people operate with the belief that being in a relationship means that you “own” the other person. And it’s absolutely the worst with church people or people raised in church. Your friend/bf/spouse is a person, and you need to be big enough to let them explore their world without jealousy, without ownership. It is the only way they realize their full potential.

• All relationships have some drama as there is an interaction of two people who may want to do different things, or treat a shared experience differently. Not just bf/gf. I was abused by my parents and every interaction with them is difficult and awkward. I know you don’t want drama, but I’ll bet you still have it with parents, siblings, same sex friends, and so on. It’s a part of life, unless you chose to isolate yourself. And trust me, that’s no fun.

• Lol I know that. It's why specified that you don't have RELATIONSHIP drama. If I wasn't clear enough I was referring to bf/gf, s. o., or however you call it.

• I love being single but I miss the soft touch of a woman and love making... but all that BS attached to it is not worth it

• what perks it fucking sucks being single

I want the universe to give me what I want now

• "5 Perks of Being an Evolutionary Dead End"

• Lol. Why a "dead end"?

• It's not about partner status. It's about having sex more than once every few years. It's about not being lonely constantly for years on end. I don't understand how people can find stuff they do as fulfilling as being with another person. Like, that's what I've done my whole life. It gets old.

• I don't really know what to say, I think I haven't reached the point where my singleness bothers me. If you really feel lonely then find a friend, who knows maybe you even end up being more than just friends. I can understand how filling a gap with something else doesn't really work, but you can't just give up and say it simply gets old. Never lose hope, because you don't know what the future holds for you.

• Single people can and do feel heartbroken

• I know that. I feel like it was more than implied I was referring to someone breaking your heart. Not heartbroken because of loneliness or not having a relationship. I know being single comes with its own set of hurdles and hardships but that was not the focus of the my take. As I said in the beginning I was focusing on the bright side of things and seeing the glass half full.

• Understood.

by the way, the glass is always full unless you're in a vacuum. Even if it appears empty, it's full of air.

My friend, a chemistry teacher, pointed that out to me!

• 6. You have nobody to lose since you have nobody.

• 6. You don't have to delete your porn history

• True but only if you choose to be single.

• Single life.

• Yep. It has some good sides.

• Yep, all true! Great take!

• It's better to be in a relationship

• Fair enough.

• To be honest it is best to be single!!

• Nice

• The drama part is the most accurate

• Great

• Show more from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 14

• 1) Freedom
    2) No Compromising
    3) No Jealousy
    4) No Guilt
    5) Dating whoever and whenever

• Being in a relationship and being single can be good in their own ways, nice take!

• True true and true

Agree with the freedom part the most

• I agree. Nice Take.

• Nice take

• Nice take

• a person should find its advantages in everything

• Yes no love hahaha so no life and no happiness

• Great mytake! I agree with all of ur statements👏👍

• I love being single!

• Great taken

• Nice take

• But if I'm single and have a crush on someone I might feel slight jealousy and minor heartbreak if I see him flirting with another girl lol

• I guess, but you miss a lot too