Love At First Sight Doesn't Exist.

Inspired by a recent Question on G@G, I decided to pen down my thoughts on the subject.

Starting off, No I don't believe in Love at first Sight. It can be Like at first sight but love at first sight? Nope. Has never happened, doesn't Happened, and will not happen.

Love At First Sight Doesn't Exist.

Sure, lust at first sight is a totally real and tangible thing — that gorgeous guy across the room that makes your heart (and other places) flutter. You want him and he seems to want you, but that doesn’t mean you’re in love.

What I think is that people often misconstrue their feelings of attraction as loving a person.
"Ooh damn! She's drop dead gorgeous! I am in love with her already!" Ever heard this? Ever found yourself saying this? Yeah? And now read it the second time. What did you notice? If you simply fall in love and start loving a person, just coz she's "drop dead gorgeous", isn't the love too shallow to last for an eternity? It is. Love is deep, not shallow.
Have more self respect for yourself and for the other person than to allow yourself to believe in this garbage.

Love At First Sight Doesn't Exist.

Love is supposed to be emotional and deep-rooted, so believing that you can know the minute you lay eyes on someone that they’re the one meant for you is ridiculous.

Think about it. Is anything that lasts really something that happens immediately and without effort? Definitely not.

You might be attracted to someone upon seeing them, but you can’t love someone you know absolutely nothing about.

If you believe in love at first sight, you’re counting to let people be objectified.

Why would you want someone to fall for you because of your appearance instead of who you are inside?

Sure, he could get to know that down the road, but he can’t love you without knowing that side of you.

Love At First Sight Doesn't Exist.

At a very base level, its a stupid idea and you just need to give it up. Completely.

All love,

Angelina25 <3

1734
Angelina25 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Agreed! I could not have said it better Myself! It is what it is! You can't really love a person that you do not know. and there are people that do this but it is like throwing a dart on a dart board from the other side of the building with no glasses it just very very very rarely happens. and so I agree, it is just better to wait to know the person to see if you truly love them. Great MyTake!!!

• Thanks Payno!

• Thanks for the MHG!!! I can't tell if that was you or the system... :) but it was a great MyTake All the same!!! Thanks!! You are always so sweet to me!!! Thank you!!

Most Helpful Girls

• I do believe that to really love someone you need to have had some interaction with that person. However I personally associate "falling in love" with a certain feeling that I only felt twice in my life, first time being with a guy I got even more attached to with time, and second with a complete stranger.
    He wasn't the most handsome guy I ever saw and he was standing so far I wouldn't have been able to pickup every detailing his face anyway. But as soon as our eyes locked, I felt a connection, I felt an overwhelming feeling of happiness that brought tears to my eyes again, I felt love.
    I know that sounds weird but its true, it does happen and so saying "Love At First Sight Doesn't Exist." Is being quite close minded.

• Live is very subjective. And falling in love is just a chemical cocktail. Another’s definition of falling in love may not fit yours but you can’t say their feeling is wrong.

We are experiencing more than site when we “see” people. If you are blind you are still getting a feeling and probably much more intense than if you see. Thrrr are senses we can just see and things we exierurhcecyhet we have no language for. Usually people refer to feeling a strong connection or like they could fall in love... later when it turns out they did they say it was love st first sight. When they don’t they just say they are very attracted to so and so.

Anyhow love is by definition, a profound affection for someone or something. I don't know about you but I’ve defjnjteky looked at a sunset and lived it. Or heard a new song and loved it. Or went to a new place or experienced something I loved. When I saved a wounded animal , I loved it.

Love is a feeling it is also an action. Maybe you are saying you can’t claim the action as you have not earned it from just meeting someone. As well people attach a commitment to saying I love you bjt that doesn’t mean you can not feel overpowered and have no obligation toward a person at all... you can certainly feel very strongly when you meet, and who is to say at what point any Persons “ strong feeling” flows over to profound?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 32

• I think this is more of a terminology thing and it depends on your definition of first sight. First sight can be just a look or a brief encounter which includes several moments which has way more than just a look.

If its just a single look, like basically looking at a photo, then no i don't think you can feel love. You can feel lust indeed but it's actually literally *impossible* to feel love cause you haven't even seen those people do anything, the only thing a picture tells you more or less is their clothing and makeup style. I have personally almost felt "love" from some pictures but i wouldn't really know if it was the real thing or not unless i actually had more information.
    If you look at a chocolate bar you can't say you love it before you taste it because it would be unreasonable

.. and if its a brief encounter, like a few words exchange then i do believe you can call it love at first sight cause you get a sense of their personality even if its just an outside thing and it could be 'fake'.

• 6d

Thank you first of all for sharing this, My view in 100% same in this matter, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT =100 % LUST. After everything is over your lust will go away as well as so called love, love cannot be defined so easily and within a second it takes time to understand care patience guts and most important sacrifice. Love at first sight is bullshit.

• Yes it does, the only reason I'm saying it does because I experienced it. I was 13 and she was 13 either, I wasn't even lusting and still love her till now. Holy shit just realised that 10 years ago... Anyway if that didn't happen I would have said no because it is indeed illogical.

• Exactly.
    Only the movies and fairy tales implemented those love at first sights. They were supposed to be fictional and not real. Movies were scripted but life does not work that way at all.
    Then we have these people, who actually expect to get into a relationship on love at first sight like the chick flicks twilight and 50 shades of grey demonstrate. They're in for lots of loneliness.

• 2d

I don't know if it is true or not. I do know that I did see someone and I instantly thought that she would become my wife one day and that we would have a special bond. But I wasn't head over heals about her or anything until I talked to her. Then I developed some feelings and still feel she will be something special.

• Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Besides you're a girl, it usually happens to guys.

• I don't believe in love at first sight... BUT I do believe in love at first smell 😍
    Once you smell the smoky aroma of grilled chicken 😋 you can't help but fall in love with it 😍❤

• It's just a saying, silly girl. Don't be so literal.
    If you see someone that you are totally enamored with at first sight it's called 'love at first sight'. Love can't really happen 'till there's a relationship. That's why it's just a saying.

• Love CAN happen without there being a relationship-that's personal ex

• @Sabretooth - Try to imagine how little I care. GTFO
      You camp on a thread posting drivel. Just STFU.

• jmb kuhn biuh noi iugiugybibubvhyhb, gnu bihkuhv n;oonh mhkjmnnjjhubkg iubuinhio;lhb m'
      ][bhkjk, uc., vh nbklkbkng jk/oh mlkbnm ,

• it's a hindsight statement. i hope more girls finally get to grasp simple realities like that xD i mean i don't quite get why girls always need to say what they wanna say through some text on a colorful backround xD but well i guess i never will.

• l believe in love at first site why not thats my mind set

• I agree, it doesn't exist and I don't believe love exists on the level that a lot of people think it does. People just think they are in love.

• Humans are really good at making judgments and decisions about things from minimal information. When meeting a new person, it's not difficult to pick up on appearance, body language and other cues that indicate potential compatibility. That's why it's always important to dress well, make a good first impression, smile, etc... You don't want someone to dismiss you because of something completely controllable.

Love at first sight not only exists but most of the time that's the only way it exists. It's really difficult to move from a platonic relationship to a romantic one. It's much more common to meet someone new and for it to be immediately romantic.

Now long-term "love" is a totally different thing - we are mostly talking about romantic attraction and beginning a relationship.

• Agreed , the notion is BS , it's just more fiction and BS from the " media " !! I am too detached to fall for any woman anyway

• Lust is the fundamental basis of most female relationship behavior, sadly enough. Then they whine and complain about the outcomes.

• excellent and neat Take
    for me, I don't believe in the concept as a whole but sometimes it is just the way things start not the way things will be ( reality )

and in other cases, it is '' love of every sight '' which is the only way that someone would have love for someone who can't be with or someone he lost which as another ( painful reality ) in the end if only our eyes is allowed to love and have you many people will accept that

and allow me to disagree with the point of attraction or being objectified, sometimes no you are not in love with just the physical appearance sometimes it is all about some behaviours or manners as in some countries which girls do not even show their faces so I don't believe in that as just a false attraction but I absolutely agree that this is all what it means for some people especially men

• Just because you haven’t experienced it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

• Love develops over time. Infatuation springs up at once and on impulse.

• agree it doesn't exist, people think it does are either dumb or just plain ignorant

• one fancy term for you. chem-signals. bye

• Of course it exists, I have experienced.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 15

• Well, you're wrong. I can speak from experience that you're wrong as well, so yeh. And insulting your reader isn't a very good way to convince them either.

• love is a deciding factor, it is a choice you make... and you either make a good one or not based on whatever you want to base it on. Some people base it on looks, and do end up with a happy life.

It is just depends on the person they chose that was really good looking, maybe the good looking person also happened to be a nice person.

• I flt it with my second dog and it wasn't fake. Love at first sight is only untrue when it applies to human to human relationships.

• I think it is more of a term of language rather than being an actual phenomenon. I agree that it does not make any sense since you are most definitely not IN love at the first glance...

• Completely agree. Is that why Mr. Darcy loved Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice?

• I have been engaged in the past and that relationship felt like love at the time but it was nothing compared to my love at first sight (and ever since)

It does happen. I've had love at first sight with my guy that I've been with for years.
    No matter what happens we can't break up we are twin flames.

We have tried to break up many times as he is Muslim and I am an escort. Completely different people and I want him to be with a good woman that shares his faith.
    But the love won't die. I think one of us is more likely to die than actually leave for more than a month.
    Not in an obsessed way, we know we are too different but it was literally love immediately and has always been.

I am envious of people who have this feeling but are also compatible!
    Because that's the kind of marriage that would last forever.

• And its not shallow. Most of the time you really admire the core traits of your love.
      But outside influences can get in the way. Like culture/family etc etc.
      Its literally one of the oldest, most universal tales of time. And I didn't believe it until I was in it lol

• Thanks for your informative post. I think you have expressed the reality that most people mistake.

• I respect your opinion but I will have to disagree completely only because it did happen to me and my current lover. I haven't had another real ass relationship that was as down to earth and amazing as this is. It's been going on since I think middle school and I'm in college now. He passed me in the halls but I didn't know him and he felt scared to talk to me until we met 2 years later in high school. He didn't fully love me until he got to know me more and more and we grew up together. I don't think you should ever give up in a relationship you want. It was like sparks when he saw me but the difference was he didn't see me as an object he saw me as someone unreachable that he couldn't talk to until I talked to him myself.

• It really depends on your definition of love. For me love at first sight exists, cause love comes in many different forms. This love mentioned in your take isn't the type of emotional connection- it's the one of strong attraction. It doesn't have to be based on physical appearance, cause it might occuse as a consequence of a certain action. And even if it's based on looks, I don't think that means the person that gets the feeling of love suports objectifying of people. Also it might come just as a feeling that two people are meant for one another, that they're sould mates. It's dificult to describe that feeling, but I don't think it would be wrong to call it love. And so - it doesn't have to be a strong feeling to be considered love, cause love develops over time, it grows, it can start with just a little sparkle and I really disagree with you. Also here's the simplest example of love at first sight - parents seeing their baby, it's not romantic, but it does exist.

• you're still missing the point of love

• I agree. Great work!

• Great My Take.

• Completely agree 😊

• I completely agree with you.

• thatdo exist but that will end u with messy