Guys and Girls Don't Understand Each Other

Similar to what a certain Mr Efron said:

Hope you don't mind me using the video man, I just loved it so much <3

I wish girls would understand guys better and see why we rarely approach them, this isn't having a dig at girls and I'm not trying to make you seem like the enemy or like the bad one in this situation, not at all.

I'm just trying to help you understand WHY and that for the majority of us, it takes a lot of bravery just to approach you, let alone have a full conversation.

And like this guy states, to the girls who say that they only see players, well that's because they are the ones who are comfortable talking with every girl they find attractive so of course they will be constantly on the move, you have to look for the ones who find it difficult to talk to you, not the ones who are running up to you and every other girl in the area.

Guess the anime, jokes, it's Kimi ni todoke <3

Now, I know this will seem like I am being a bit mean to the girls and I want to make it obvious that I do notice that they also put in effort to the relationship side of things but here are just some that guys do that I feel girls brush off even though it takes the majority of us a lot of bravery to do these:

Approach you

I understand you probably think this is nothing as we are casual with other guys but if we are attracted to you then it is actually certainly more often than not, scary or uncomfortable to approach you and if we do then we are likely to overthink stuff and be very self-conscious of how we come across.

Make conversation

A lot of the time we will be already very uncomfortable just by being that close to you so continuing on to think of conversation material will often result in us saying really awkward stuff like how the weather is and other things you would never of said when you wanted to ask how you were and that you noticed she did something with her hair or that she looks really pretty in the dress she chose to wear today.

Get along with your friends

A lot of the time this has nothing to do with us not wanting to be their friends but rather we are afraid that we will leave a bad impression and make them tell you to avoid the guy so we will get nervous about that thus resulting in us avoiding your friends or at the most having really brief interaction with them.

Flirting

I know this one seems really "Natural" for guys but actually, knowing or thinking up something we believe you will like is actually difficult believe it or not and although when we flirt we may sound confident, most the time we are internally screaming and regretting everything we said and worried how you will react.

Making the first move

Now, respect to any guy who has got this far before and I hope it went well.

For a guy, this is PROBABLY THE or close to being the scariest thing for him to do because all his love and feelings depend on your response so of course he will be scared.

So next time if a guy confesses to you DO NOT USE THE "You're a nice guy but" card, we only link that with rejection and you trying to avoid us, please elaborate more, please say things like what you like about us and what it is that means we couldn't be together as well as saying you want to stay in contact, it is crushing for a guy if we worked hard to build a friendship then confess only to then have you avoid us after.

I know this doesn't apply to every guy so don't spam my comment section saying that guys in your area aren't like this, this post is for the guys who are brushed away and not noticed when we are trying our hardest, not for the ones who go about dating lots of people yearly or even monthly.

My little monster or Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

And remember, this is not a hate post on girls, it's to help them further understand us okay?

Okay <3

Welp, I think that's about everything so take care and stay sweet peeps!

Oh and also, I changed my signature ;)

~TheSnekHandler

1218

Most Helpful Girls

• You males are very complicated.

• You're probably still in highschool, but once you get out of highschool, you'll realize that we're a lot lest complicated than you think

• We can be but things get easier when you start talking with them, after that you will start understanding guys more and vice versa :)

• Us males are actually deceptively simple. It doesn't take much to make us happy.

• This is a good myTake, I'm always so confused by how guys behave.
    On these sentements then, would guys like girls to approach them more?
    Pretty much all you have said is how I feel about approaching guys, coupled with, as a girl I don't want to seem desperate

• I would appreciate it if girls approached guys more yeah :) and thank you, I try to make my feelings easy reading and not too pushy :p

Most Helpful Guys

• There is also the mixed signals problem.
    On the one hand, feminism, misogyny, #metoo, etc. On the other hand where did all the good men go, he should pay, the man approaches, etc.
    The damage from the former is not worth the benefits of the latter so women have made themselves too much of a high risk investment for men now.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• First off let me say... I love Matthew Hussey and the anime gifs of my little monster and what I believe is blue spring ride ( if I’m not mistaken).

Men Andy women don’t understand each other because we seek the same things just in different ways and as soon as we learn and accept that fact people will begin to converse with each other slightly

• First Gif is
      Kimi ni todoke

second Gif is
      My little monster

Thank you, glad you liked the post :)

• Yeah np. And I put the wrong anime down lol. The English name is from me to you.

• I think that most people make perfect sense, until flirting gets involved. If it's understood that everything is completely plutonic, I have no trouble understanding my guy friends, or having them understand me. But when someone catches feelings, they naturally start behaving differently, and in a way that is not necessarily the most logical. I think it has more to do with that than with any inherent differences between the genders.

• The same applies for girls! Truth is you can’t be afraid of rejection. Period.

I flirted with my boyfriend before we were dating to show I was interested in more than friends. He thought I was just being nice 😂 I asked him out and we rolled from there.

• a lot of this applies to girls too, but I do think guys stress over it more sometimes.

• I agree that girls and guys don’t understand each other

• But they can understand each other, I mainly get along with guys.
    Now on the specific matter of initiating a date which would be a slightly more accurate title, I personally think it depends on who starts liking the other person first. I know girls who are trying hard to get with guys who don’t care about them and I know guys trying hard to get with girls who don’t care about them.
    The building a friendship strategy is the less likely to work because girls will feel betrayed when it happens and like all the way long while pretending to be their friend you had a secret agenda.
    Flirting, making conversation... only feels right and comes naturally when there’s chemistry on both ends. Otherwise it’s awkward and painful for everyone.
    If I want you to approach me, trust me you will know so I personally don’t understand when people do when I don’t show any sign but yeah rejections sucks but it’s life, we get rejected too and often.

• "The building a friendship strategy is the less likely to work because girls will feel betrayed when it happens and like all the way long while pretending to be their friend you had a secret agenda."
      This is so true -- and so weird. Every time I see a girl react this way it just seems like the weirdest thing to believe. It' leaves me thinking like, what do you really want? It's so strange to me that people can live their life that way, but apparently it's a real thing.

• Strategy? are you really that paranoid? Can i ask you something. Would you like the guy who asks you out to actually like you? Because as a guy ( like the guy in the video says) i find a lot of women attractive. that doesn't mean i want to go out with every woman i find attractive. I meet a woman i get to know her and that triggers a switch that makes me want to date her. Exactly how is that betraying anyone lol?
      I think you need to work on your paranoia. Not all men have a "secret agenda".

• @ChiTown33 I don't think it's paranoia. I think it's just the way they're weird to react. I think it's little messed up, but not paranoia.

• I don't understand people

• Interesting

• Good take

• This made me glad ima lesbian

• Perhaps that's why you are lesbian. Not because you like women more, but rather because you are a chicken 🐔

• What? No I’d be a lesbian because he thought of a dick makes me puke

What Guys Said 16

• the sad reality is women really take cues by experience, observation, what others tell them and put it in folder label, how i feel. if how these events trigger negative emotions then irrational things happen is conflicts with logic. yeah its okay be insecure and emotional but when others show negativty to me i dont like it.

guys we are logical but our downfall is when stop using logic we lose what interest we had in the logically correct thing we are pursuing. say if a girl is being flirty but dont want a relationship she likes the way it feels bit dont want heart break. guys think she mean one thing but wants another so he logically breaks down her walls. but to get to that point he has to be illogical which kills all the fun getting to her aka chase.

• I liked the camera panning to the crowd mid shpeel and seeing all the women looking down at their phones. when he said he had the reason they're only approached by creeps and players he had they're attention. When he started to explain why he started losing them one by one. lol
    Here's your problem Efron you're a guy. They're not going to listen to you. lol

• You really need some better game, and a man-makeover. Go here and read: www.therationalmale.com

Rollo is the master on this stuff. And quit whining about women, and being a MAN. Seriously.

• The only thing I don't understand about women is why women tell other women how to dress and act.

Other than that, I just treat them like they're regular people.

• Women have far more rules, standards, expectations and double-standards. A man's list of needs and wants is tiny compared to that of a female.

• I think the main difference is this:

Men do not understand women, but they KNOW they don't They realize they are ignorant and what little they do know is probably misinformation. Men are aware of this.

But women do not realize this! Women think they understand men perfectly, and that men really are the way they imagine them to be.

That's why I believe men have an advantage in understanding women, because we know that we know nothing, so we are ready to learn. Women don't learn, they either see what they expect or else they become confused.

Men know that we are confused. Women have to stumble upon this realization through a series of lucky coincidences.

• Men are pretty simple. We want to make women happy, and we want them to try and make us happy.

Men are direct with what we want, and we hope (in vain) that women will be too. We like simple, clear-cut communication whereas women have a non-confrontational "reading between the lines" style. They don't like being asked to do anything. We do. That's where comms break down.

If OP wants criticism, I would work on the run-on sentences. Space out & punctuate your thoughts, and readability will vastly improve.

• Men are from mars , women are from Venus! An saying that is true.

• They probably don't understand you because you're a neckbeard into anime

• It's the same the other way around. Both have to approach each other somehow.

• THE MATRIX IS A SYSTEM OF SILENCE... on youtube please watch it

• Nice take.

• great take

• Yes.
    But we can always try and have enough.

• because women are mentally inferior

• Uhh... no I usually understand girls pretty well.