Trying to Let Go of the Past

Snsl153
Trying to Let Go of the Past

I'm in the mood for writing. It won't be anything special, but I was just reminded of someone from long ago by a question that someone else asked, and once again I'm feeling very nostalgic.

The past; how do we let go of it? That quote from Ecclesiastes is of course correct, but it's easier said than done to relinquish memories that are still vivid, especially when one contemplates how a simple decision at some crucial moment in time affected so much that followed.

We can't relive the past, but we can do our best to ensure that from this moment on at least we'll do all we can to make the time we have now as memorable as possible, to spend as much time as we can with those we love while they're still around (and they won't be - sorry), and to do our best with what we've got and leave this place better than it was before we arrived on the scene.

Poekhali! (which means, "Let's Go!" - Yuri Gagarin's last words before he was blasted into space).

Trying to Let Go of the Past
9
2
2Girl Opinion
9Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• ChrisMaster69
    I think it’s not so much letting go of the past, it’s recognising it is in the past, it happened and whatever happened because of it, has happened and just accept it.

You should reflect at times on the past and what you did, why you did it and would you have done things differently, however not to dwell on it or get depressed over what happened, yes move on from the past in the regards, however learning from our past is often a good way not to repeat the same bad choice etc.

To quote Albert. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

Also I like this article from Medium.

https://medium.com/@bsmckinlay/can-we-live-for-today-and-tomorrow-f98a22ccfe25

Especially this - The goal is to be happy as often as possible.

With my add on “The goal is to be happy as often as possible and to make others feel the same”
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• SkyCastle90
    CBT helps.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

18
  • exitseven
    The problem is that things really have gotten worse especially during the past year or so. I mostly think about how different life was before 9/11. The world is more dangerous and security conscious.
    A lot of infrastructure has been added for security that looms over us like a reminder that Big Brother is watching us.
  • mstbooblover
    I think that letting go of the past does not mean forgetting the past. Forgetting would lead logically also to forget the lessons drawn out of past events and feelings. Letting go as I understand it means not being attached to the past: no love, no hate, no indifference...
  • BubbaSparkx
    You know, there will always be times in your life where you looked back and say, "Man, I wish I would've done things differently, if I had've just told that girl how I felt and actually showed her." Or if I had've got a limo for my prom instead of getting a new radio. All you can do is just do better in the future and try not to repeat the same old patterns.
  • Guy13
    Self, inability to accept forgiveness and leave guilt and shame with God impedes me more than anything else. Prayer 🙏 is about it…as Remedy and Revelation comes from there if one is Walking 🚶‍♀️ in the Spirit
    -The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but the fools despise wisdom and instruction (Proverbs 1:7).
    -The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out (Proverbs18:15)
    -Solomon, who wrote Ecclesiastes) to Child (Prayer, Wisdom, Knowledge): My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding. Indeed, if you call out (prayer) for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver (money) and search for it as for hidden treasure (unknown), then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God….(Proverbs 2:1-6)
    —Rest of chapter is outline Detail.
  • Talkingtotheone
    Proverbs 5:5 - her feet go down to death her steps take hold on hell
  • GrayCLes
    I think life is nothing more than hearing the same things over and over until somebody says it in a way that makes sense to us. I have in no way found an answer that I absolutely understand yet, but this one is the one that got me closer to moving forward than any other.
    In a game of 9 ball pool, the goal is to hit the balls in order from 1 on up until someone sinks the 9. Let’s say it’s your turn, the 1 and 2 are in, so you aim for the 3. Now let’s say that you missed it in an embarrassing way. The next shot your opponent sinks it, and then misses the 4.
    If you approach your shot on the 4, attempting to correct the mistake you made on the 3, you’d never sink another ball, except for by the slightest chance of luck.
  • backdoorman
    You're a good egg.
    Like 1 Person
  • Backstage_
    Great myTake 💕
    Like 1 Person
  • Anonymous
    Me every night for the past 4 months…thinking back on the past