Why objective morality is proven using the Copernican Principle and how to easily defeat the subjective morality followers cultic teachings

I will discuss how we definitely know that objective morality is true and subjective morality is false. I will cover 4 contingent grounds that back up the morality.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copernican_principle

Objective Morality is true

The reason objective morality is true is partly due to any observation of good or evil must yield from a grounding source. Over 96% of people believe this source to be God but despite whether God is the source or not, it is easy to show the source has objective roots. Anything you name to be good is good whether or not you say it is good. Let us say that you get the revelation that choosing to extend your life without as much stress and pain is good. Well this will be good for all and not just good and would be good even it you said it was evil. Let us take evil for example. Any evil action is evil even if you say it is good. If you burn people at the stake for walking on your property by tying them up, then doing it, it is evil and the evil is always evil even if you say it is good. Your observation of the action is not opinion but is a set standard of evil. No matter who does this act, it is evil and the reason doesn't matter. If they are mentally healthy, they will be held accountable for their evil deed.

Subjective Morality is false

Subjective morality is easy to show false. Anything that is left to opinion would not get an outrage from known people showing their emotions. Let's say that a person says that maximizing well being of a person is moral. Then their standard is of objective value even if they claim to be subjectively applying principles to it. There would be a set way to determine what moral action was done. Also, lets say a person says it is my opinion that rape is evil and that their opinion is that rape is good. Well using their claimed standard of maximizing well being as being moral, they contradicted their stance. If an action was truly subjective, then no rage would one. People rage when hearing murder being a chosen action of an evil person or end up very thrilled to know a person saved their cat from a fire. If these actions were subjective as being moral, then their expressions would be not be indicative of a known evil versus a known good action. Liking anchovies on a pizza is an opinion. Choosing whether murder is good or evil is not an opinion but objectively good and our expressions match so.

Confusing ideas of objectivity and subjectivity

The main reason people think thinks are subjective that have an objective root is due to their sinful nature wanting to be in final control of their life and everything and not depending on the eternal source of morality to make our choices. It is human nature to want to be in control. People think that whether or not rape is moral or immoral is akin to whether or not anchovies on a pizza is lovely tasting or gross tasting.

Good versus evil are opinions without God

If you are a denier of God's existence, then there is no good and no evil in your view even though you are unaware of that. Anything would go. To rage at what you call evil, would be futile if there is no Hell to go to for it. If you ended up feeding the hungry and I murdered 3 people and we both died in a car wreck in a few hours and our deeds went unpunished, then it is asinine to call what you did good and what I did evil since there must yield an objective standard to differentiate the good from the evil but morality must transcend our title of saying it is good or evil and yield a result. If we both had an afterlife of nothingness, then your good and my evil would be equal. If we just made up terms to be good or evil, then you are objectively thinking your standard is the standard by which you should get mad at if people violated. If a person ended up doing something you think is evil, you would rightly rage because you know evil must be punished. If you think it was subjective, you wouldn't rage when others aren't living up to your standards of morality.

Conclusion:

People want to dictate what is objectivity and what is subjective in terms of morality. People like being in control and not depending on the source if morality. Nobody can be their own source of morality. Any observation of morality is misinterpreting it. Morality is objective and there is nothing you can do to change the fact that if there is no Hell, there is no evil. Evil must be punished and you know it. Good must be rewarded. Whether you do it for those reasons is meaningless because if left to opinion for everything, anything goes and that is chaos. Thanks for reading!

1
5

Most Helpful Girl

• btbc92
    Very well written. Though I would say use some references to Atheist models vs. traditional mottos like "do unto others as you do unto yourself" to show the contradictions people have to fit their narrative.
    Is this still revelant?
    • @Exorcist_Rampage is a disturbed individual. He's been PM'ing me all kinds of crazy crap and posting weird accusations on other threads. He accused me of threatening to feed him meat, threatening his sister and him with a knife, and insisting I was married to another GaGer who logs into my account and deletes all these physical threats I've allegedly been making against him.

Read some of his last posts on another thread: How aware are you that atheism is a spiritual impossibility? ↗

Most Helpful Guys

• I would say that power is good and weakness is evil. All that is good can only come from power. That which is not so must be evil.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Wouldn't that make Hitler good? Was Jesus super powerful given he could do amazing things (reportedly), or weak because he let people kill him without a fight?

• Interesting take! Nicely done!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

03
  • Optymistyk
    This is a gross misinterpretation of the copernican principle (mediocrity principle). Morality can't be objective because different people have different definitions of good and evil.

For example you say murder is bad, but if you were to go to the past and kill Hittler before the war erupted many would tell you you did the right thing, sparring countless Innocent lives. But a lot of these same people might say you did wrong if you killed Hittler as a baby since he was still Innocent at that point.

You might go hunting to feed a hungry family and many would tell you you did right, but for example many people believe animal lives are just as valuable as human lives so you should just let them hunger instead of killing an innocent being

Even if you believe god is the source of all good, you have to ask which god? There's hundreds of religions to choose from. If you are catholic then even your Bible has contradictions. For example it says do not kill, but at one point god says gay people should be stoned to death. Which, by the way, I have a problem with and think is totally evil
  • Deathraider
    I disagree. People can have strong opinions and strong feelings on things that are subjective.

The thing is that questions about what is and what ought are two different things. It is true that millions of people are suffering, but how does that fact imply that I ought to help these people? You might say that I have a societal responsibility since I’m a member of a society or that helping people will maximize the wellbeing of all people or numerous other explanations. But then ask, why ought I fulfill my societal responsibilities? Why ought I maximize the well being of people? This is known as the Is ought gap. You can’t derive what one ought to do only based on what is true. If I asked why I ought to do x, you might give a principle (call it y). I can ask you “So what, why is y a good reason?” And this can continue indefinitely.

So how then do we have similar moral views? Well we’re raised in a society with a certain belief that uses “moral axioms”. Statements like “People should have the freedom to voice their opinions.” From there, we derive out what it is that we ought to do. Now obviously people deviate from these ideas, but they mostly stick to certain ideas they were raised with.

Good and evil exist as concepts we made and implemented into society as a whole.
    • Wrong. Morals are grounded, not voted upon and decided. What's moral is always moral regardless of minds being able to decipher it. Even your own claimed people like Tom Jump agrees that morals are objective and he is a declared atheist.

• I don’t know who Tom Jump is, but you do understand that not all atheist are the same, right? I don’t see how the fact that he’s an atheist automatically imply we have the same ideas when it comes to morality.

by the way, didn’t you state “Good versus evil are opinions without God”

Look, I get why you don’t want to think of them as opinions. It seems like they’re less valuable as a result. But you need to understand what makes some valuable or not is entirely subjective. The question about what ought to be and what is are fundamental different. Is claims are descriptive, they describe the world, whereas ought claims are normative, they provide norms on how people ought to act. That is why you cannot derive an ought claim from an is claim.

• Right but you have this notion of an assumption that objective morality is an impossible thing. You have this notion that always must the case be that we dictate what is moral and what is not moral. I am saying my definition for it to be moral or immoral must have a grounding principle. You may want to listen to Tom Jump on this scenario. I know that all people who consider themselves to be atheists are not equal in their mindset. Just watch 4 videos and you'll be amazed. here is his YouTube channel (try to watch the videos that are 30+ minutes especially):

www.youtube.com/channel/UCHXrvsK33VUEcpa4Ar0c0Sg

• Massageman
    Good points and very well done.

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!