Understanding the bread and wine of Jesus - a Protestant writer

In the bible Jesus gives people bread and says - this is my body which has been broken for you

In the bible Jesus gives a chalice of wine and says this is the blood of my covenant which has been poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins

He said unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you

So what is this bread and what is this wine?

I believe the bread of Jesus is the mercy of Jesus

I believe the blood of Jesus is the sacrifice of Jesus

Unless you digest the mercy of the humanitarian

And worship the sacrifice of God’s goodness

You have no life in you

The one who eats mercy and respects sacrifice

has life

And God will raise him up on the last day

Eat the flesh of the son of man: digest the mercy of the humanitarian by sharing in his merciful sentiments

Drink his blood: respect the sacrifice of the humanitarian by supporting his justice and compensation

Than you will have life

5
1

Most Helpful Guys

• Jjpayne
    That's what I feel too. But I also see the bread as his daily work he had in life and the wine as the sweet suffering/sacrifice he had on the cross. I think yours make a lot of sense though..
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho! :)

• DreamCatchcer
    That's a bit deep
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

13
  • Ivory_Princess
    Understanding the bread and wine of Jesus - a Protestant writerUnderstanding the bread and wine of Jesus - a Protestant writerUnderstanding the bread and wine of Jesus - a Protestant writerUnderstanding the bread and wine of Jesus - a Protestant writer
  • JohnnyTotes
    I believe the bread is his body and the wine is blood.
    and they are sacraments because there is a holiness to the act of communion.

Ingesting both his body and his blood is symbolic of replacing your body for his body your blood for his blood.

Similar to an old testament when they had to sacrifice animals to replace their sin with the blood of innocence.
  • SoapySandwich
    I see the bread and wine as promoting cannibalism as Jesus desires us to eat people.
    • Nope, he never said this. When doing it in church, it is done on bread and wine, exactly as Jesus himself did, bread and wine.

Some satanists mock this holy tradition by practicing real cannibalism, but that's because satan always aims to corrupt God's creation and mock it. However, it is written that by the end, satan will be the losing one, and will be punished for corruption he brought.

• I think you are missing the underlying message but I guess we can all have our interpretations.

• Anonymous
    So Jesus kept turning water into wine, got drunk, told Peter that he gave him that name for a reason then asked each of his disciples to "Eat Me!" and then later was seen kissing with Judas.