What God taught me this week about money and goals

jennifer_bloom

This week I realized I had been making a consistent error in judgment ever since I got laid off from my regular job with CoVid lockdowns and that is, I had been chasing unreasonable goals that stressed me and were aging me with business, this bible verse rescued me from my error

Proverbs 23:4-5

Do not wear yourself out to get rich, have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches and they are gone for they will surely sprout wings and fly up to the sky like an eagle.

I have many methods to support myself or earn a regular income but my problem was I was trying to break economic barriers by earning far more the my skills or planned contributions to society were able to sustain or maintain, being wise is about being self-considerate and balanced in your approach to life, and even if I somehow did earn the crazy amount I wanted, I would still be exhausted trying to manage my money and care for my huge house with cleaning and budgeting that it would make the money a hassle and burden and not a blessing, I also know many rich people who struggle with friendships because people are interested in using them and exploiting their gifts and not in being true companions and sincere witnesses in their life, so having money and earning money should be limited according to your skill level and gifting and time and responsibility, not everybody needs to be a CEO and not everybody is suitable for millionaire dollar pay cheques, God wants us to enjoy life and that is possible without crazy amounts of money, if I had been more considerate of my health and comfort, I would have been able to launch my writing career much earlier, because I would have been okay with a working or middle class income and instead my unattainable goals have kept me burdened and stressed and delayed my output in life so I learned to work for my needs but not for my greed than you can sow your spiritual seed and have time to reap and friends to whom you agree and in your small goals succeed and your contacts will concede and your God you will heed and your mouth you will feed and your offspring will be and your time can be free.

6
1
1Girl Opinion
6Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Massageman
    Thank you for your candor- AND your faithfulness!
    God- of course- doesn't want us to fret about just earning money all day: that is satan's doing, not God's. The more time we are focused on those almost unreachable fortunes, the less time we can spend with Him and that which is guaranteed to us.

A good companion cite follows:
    25Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air: They do not sow or reap or gather into barns— and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matt 6:25-27

And don't worry about God "wasting his time". He is the keeper of the infinite: no sweat for Him.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Anonymous
    TMDR but I disagree. God is for expansion and fuller expression. You need not over work yourself if you're with God because he will find a way to bring you the money through whatever practical ways possible. Do what must be done that day and no more. Whatever you ask for that is what he will give as long as you believe like is says in Mark. But God is giving you exactly what you are asking for. You focus on your current results and he will surely give more of that. Follow Mark 11:24 long enough and you will see.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hxxmx
    Atheists left the group. But I admire you for this strength and boldness 🙏
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

04
  • Jlegacy
    I sincerely admire you for this. I love your boldness to talk about God and the wisdom you shared is rich. Feels good to know not every girl on GAG is sex inspired.
  • Aakash_Hangargi
    You have taken up all gods time please send him for other quests as well like the wild fires and the floods and other calamities.

He sure does tell you lot of things but let's expand more with a global view of well being
    • Ha, that gave me a good laugh.

• I am just kidding ok not to hurt but as friendly gesture I am not against any religion coming from a country even our god's population is more than us.

• I know, it just struck me as particularly funny because it seems like she posts these things multiple times a day.

• Marhaban-1
    I think God doesn't actively teach you but he has made you life a certain way
  • lorenzomichael
    Well what God taught me was this. (Money can't buy me happiness but it sure can buy me a nice boat to sail around all my misery.)