How to Honour God

jennifer_bloom
How to Honour God

The Bible has this quotation on honour:

Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the LORD declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Honouring God isn’t as complicated as memorizing religious rights, performing complicated rituals, studying prayers, or vigorously chanting at a mountain shrine. You don’t have to learn guitar or build votive shrines at home. Nor do you have to visit a monastery in Israel.

Honouring God is simply about having respect for others, in your mind and heart and spirit, and than allowing that internal respect to determine how you think about, talk about, react to, interpret, and acknowledge that person.

While external honour like holding doors, giving a tip, or helping to wash dishes, are important, they mean nothing, if they are not combined with internal honour, like defending their name, protecting their feelings, or apologizing if you mistreat them.

How to Honour God
1
2
2Girl Opinion
1Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Cubus
    Good to read my favourite religion teacher again :)
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• moonpie89
    Interesting
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

10
  • Marianna34n
    U are into religion?

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!