What the bible says about lying

jennifer_bloom
What the bible says about lying

The book of proverbs lists two obvious punishments to those who lie:

1st - Is that they they will be blocked from reaching their goals in life

2nd - Is that they will have health problems or poverty issues and there will be no forgiveness or way out other then to endure the pain until their debt is paid off.

You could exercise twice a day, eat 8 vegetables a day, marry the most amazing man, meditate for an hour a day, buy cats and dogs, surround yourself with amazing people and have perfect technology in your home, get 9 hours of sleep every night - but if you tell lies, you will still have very serious health problems.

I know two thin and intelligent people who can’t find people to marry despite working 14 hour days because they are pathological liars with no sense of loyalty to facts or people or God. The bible says when you tell lies, God prevents you from reaching your goals in life.

What the bible says about lying
4
0
0Girl Opinion
4Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Leonharted
    Makes sense. Would you want to marry a liar? I think not.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • emperor90
    Lying is not ok
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

02
  • AndrésC64
    God lies:

Yes, God lies by proxy; He sends prophets or lying spirits to deceive.
    Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. 1 Kings 22:23
    Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets. 2 Chronicles 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people. Jeremiah 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jeremiah 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet. Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11
  • legalboxers
    do most people here or a certain group of non elected officials echo that sentiment